• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emboar (Inferno Fandango) evolution line or the Typhlosion Prime evolution line?

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
  • I was recently looking at my deck & was looking at other cards & I saw that Typhlosion Prime is really good too! So which evolution line do you think is better in competitive play, the Typhlosion Prime line or the Emboar (Inferno Fandango) line?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    I would say Emoboar line for sure. Easier to use and you don't have to wait until you put energy in the discard pile. On the other hand Roast reveal from Ninetails is useful with Typloshion prime because you can discard an fire energy, draw three cards, and use after burner to get a that energy and attach it to a pokemon. The drawback with this is you have to add in the ninetails line, cluttering the deck. I would use emboar. :)

Years
  • The thing is, Ninetales is a draw engine because of Roast Reveal, while without Ninetales (which actually was pretty commonly used in Reshiboar decks early on), Emboar would need between 4 and 6 more draw trainers than a Reshiphlosion deck, while Reshiphlosion could actually squeeze in an additional card or two depending on how thick the Ninetales line was (most common line was a 2-2 so as to not cause dead draws in the late game).

Though both decks are pretty much past their prime because of the dominance of the Eels.

Back