• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the markings on Embedded Tower are the same markings seen on the Weather Trio. It does seem to fit them all too well. My guess is that by Generation 4, they wanted to make them somewhat Ancient, but they haven't have any good ideas to execute it until Generation 6, where Primal Reversion is there. And since, the markings on the Pokemon were kinda similar, they went with it? Maybe that's why they trademarked Delta Emerald, seeing as you kinda see Delta markings on Rayquaza? I mean, that is one way of looking at why Delta, and not some other Greek letter.

Years
    I don't think it's a coincidence, just think that Alpha and Omega were tired to Kyogre and Groudon, respectively, when they were first created for Ruby and Sapphire, not just for ORAS. Alpha means first; the beginning, and the world was almost entirely made up of water before land began to reign supreme and house human beings and other living organisms, towards the end, which is why Groudon's affiliated with Omega. Also could be because Alpha is attributed to being great or superior, like the 'alpha male', and water trumps land convincingly, especially in Pokemon. The only connection I can make with Delta and Rayquaza is that in mathematics and science, Delta means 'change', and Rayquaza attempts to change Groudon and Kyogre's conflict into peace.

All loosely based assumptions, of course d:

Years
    I'm a little uncertain about an Emerald remake. If they were to make a 'Delta Emerald' game that was just a remake of the original emerald then it would mean denying features to Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby which were in the original Emerald, and I wouldn't be OK with that. AS and OR should in my opinion include as many features from Emerald as possible such as the battle frontier, trainer hill etc.

If however they were to make it as a sequel to the original Hoenn storyline set a few years in the future, or somehow make it a Wii U game as people are suggesting then I would be eager to see it happen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the markings on Embedded Tower are the same markings seen on the Weather Trio. It does seem to fit them all too well. My guess is that by Generation 4, they wanted to make them somewhat Ancient, but they haven't have any good ideas to execute it until Generation 6, where Primal Reversion is there. And since, the markings on the Pokemon were kinda similar, they went with it? Maybe that's why they trademarked Delta Emerald, seeing as you kinda see Delta markings on Rayquaza? I mean, that is one way of looking at why Delta, and not some other Greek letter.

Uh, they were already ancient in Gen III, being called "Super Ancient Pokemon" by the old couple in Mt. Pyre and others.

I hope they add as much from Emerald to the games to make them some (no, the best games ever) of the best games ever, and then move on to 'Z' and then Gen VII.

Back