• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald Berry Glitch

Years
    Emerald Berry Glitch - Not the same as Ruby/Sapphire Berry Glitch

I have a slight problem with one loamy soil patch in the Berry Master's garden. Basically, it has a Cheri Berry planted that hasn't grown beyond a mound of soil since a few months after Emerald was released.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only one?

On the technical side of things, from looking at the save file, it looks like I've got a soil patch with no berry set (I guess it's defaulting to Cheri) but its status is set to 'planted/mound'. I'm guessing I can fix it by editing the save but I'm slightly concerned that I might eff up my game.

So, any ideas? :S

Last edited:
    Years
    Thanks, but it's not the Berry Glitch. That was a Ruby/Sapphire clock-based bug. This is a completely unrelated bug in Emerald.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    New save file?

I had a problem once where the clock stopped inside the game.

Shoal Cave wasn't changing, berries weren't growing....etc.etc.

I restarted, and it worked.

Hope it's easier for you to fix than that, but sorry, that's all I know. My Emerald's still working now, and only had that problem on my first save file.

Years
    Thanks. I think it's going to be a case of dumping the save file, editing it, then re-writing it back to the cart =(

Back