• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald Glitch

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Finished Emerald and was looking to do the duplication glitch in the battle frontier.. but it is not letting me, any help on this? ( perhaps a copy of the game not original? or a newer version as I was able to do it when it came out)
    Any help is greatly appreciated (sorry if you frown upon glitches like this)

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Finished Emerald and was looking to do the duplication glitch in the battle frontier.. but it is not letting me, any help on this? ( perhaps a copy of the game not original? or a newer version as I was able to do it when it came out)
    Any help is greatly appreciated (sorry if you frown upon glitches like this)

what exactly do you mean it's not letting you, is it straight up not working or is it making your pokemon disappear? Either way, make sure you're following these exact steps:

1: Deposit all pokemon/items (held by pokemon) you want to clone into the PC (max 5 pokemon, max 420 items)
    2. SAVE THE GAME otherwise these will be lost
    3. Withdraw all pokemon and items you want to clone
    4. Talk to the woman at the far right all the way up to the point where she says "There is already a saved game..."
    5. Reset your game
    6. Your pokemon and items should have been cloned

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    It's still not working, keep spawning at the PC instead of rrightnext to the woman, do I have to save for like a first time at the woman before trying to actually get it working? thanks for the reply, more help would be greatly appreciated

PurpleOrange

Years
  • It's still not working, keep spawning at the PC instead of rrightnext to the woman, do I have to save for like a first time at the woman before trying to actually get it working? thanks for the reply, more help would be greatly appreciated

you shouldn't do, are you sure you're in the right place i.e. the battle tower?
    is your copy genuine?
    are you talking to the right person (the woman at the far right)?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    yeah its all correct. I'm not too sure on the copy, but I've played through the whole game fine, so it must be a genuine copy? rather confused on why its not happening

PurpleOrange

Years
  • yeah its all correct. I'm not too sure on the copy, but I've played through the whole game fine, so it must be a genuine copy? rather confused on why its not happening

most fakes usually play through the whole game fine, but saving sometimes is not correct, are you able to post a picture of the cartridge?

PurpleOrange

Years
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    its understandable :) looks like I'll have to be spending many hours trying to catch the legendary pokemon with ultra balls xD wish me luck! appreciate the reply and the help! <3

Back