• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Emerald? He didn't exist!"

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Along with that arc that you adore, there's always that arc that you can't stand. Either the characters are obnoxious, the plot is boring, or the chapters just don't catch your attention. In fact, that arc would be better off not existing at all!

Which arc would you remove entirely? Why?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I want to say the Emerald Arc, but that would be a little unfair to the poor guy because I never read his full arc and I only read the ending (I did this to the Yellow arc as well, to be quite honest). Also, the ending to said arc makes up for the lack of what was the rest of the arc, though that might be because that ending was really the only part of the arc I read, ah-hah...

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • The Emerald arc wasn't that bad. Emerald himself was terrible though. They should have just used the badass Wally from RS.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm with JakeyBoy here, the Emerald arc's plot was okay but I could not stand Emerald himself and I didn't like how they took Grovyle away from Wally and then he had to give Kirila back is well.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    I'm with JakeyBoy here, the Emerald arc's plot was okay but I could not stand Emerald himself and I didn't like how they took Grovyle away from Wally and then he had to give Kirila back is well.

Neither of those Pokemon belonged to Wally in the first place.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Why all the hate for one of the most awesome people ever? ;;

Anyways, I'd have to say either the FRLG arc or the GSC arc. They just...didn't really hold my attention the way the other arcs did. The end of both were great, but the beginnings were just plain boring. I honestly remember just trying to get through the GSC arc so I could get to the RS arc.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • First off, I don't dislike any of the arcs. But if I had to remove one, I'd go with the Emerald arc. It has some immensely cool moments, but it's just...not really necessary. Plus, I also prefer Wally over Emerald. He kicked serious *** at the end of the R/S arc.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
    Years
  • I think that the Emerald arc was actually pretty good. I mean, it's a story about how a little boy who grew up alone and hating Pokemon, learned that his Pokemon are actually there for him. I do agree that Rald (Latios and Latias's nickname for Emerald) was a bit of a jerk. The ending was almost my favorite part of the entire arc though, just because everyone came together and there were so many plot twists that wove it's way into all the other arcs (excluding r/g/b and platinum).
    Although, I still think the author should have kept Wally. I didn't like the guy in the game, but he was awesome in the manga!

Back