• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen emerald monotype challenge

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
  • hello i noticed challenges are popular nowadays so i decided to start one!!

my rules for the monotype challenge are easy to follow!

1. NO CHEAT CODES!!
    2. Must update as often as possible
    3. emulators accepted but only the standerd emerald game not emerald 386 for instance
    4. you can run more than one challenge at a time if you have a rom or additional copies of emerald
    5. up to 5 person per type
    6. must give me a vauge idea of which pokemon youll catch
    7. you are allowed to use your starter even if it isn't your type, BUT once you catch three of your type you can not use your starter unless it is hm slave or your type!
    8. HM slaves allowed of course
    9. you can have up to 2 of the same pokemon on your team
    10. challenge goes to elite four and beating steven

people in it
    1. yuki3056 - grass types
    2. MoonlightKnight - psychic types
    3. aaronburnsyou - flying types
    4. Schala_25 - dark types

could someone maybe make like banners ive seen on other threads i would greatly appriciate it

i would love to see screenshots of your progress

as for prizes i was thinking for rom users some good saves or something like that

for non-rom users idk yet lol

maybe someone would could do a youtube video for us ???

Last edited:

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Caught 2 Ralts Pced Mudkip Trained Ralts to lvl 30 evolvign em into gardeviors beat roxanne
    end of 2day

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • groudon that would be nice if you could too and golden bagon what type are you doing? lol

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • Um, I'm already entered in another Emerald Monotype Run, but if I entered in this one too, would I have to use a completely different Emerald file, or could I just use the same one for both challenges? (It might be a bit unfair to use the same file, because I already beat the E4 there, but it's your decision)

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • I would like to let you enter with that file but seeing as how this challenge really hasnt gotten off the ground yet it wouldn't be very fair so I am sorry but you can not use that file

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • alright you are in aaron im not going to start until i get one more person but you can start whenever you want

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • alright you are in aaron im not going to start until i get one more person but you can start whenever you want

Alright, thank you! I think I'm going to have fun with the flying type!

Roxanne Defeated!!!
    -Combusken L17 (I chose this starter because it resembles flying the most)
    -Taillow L12

10-30:
    Brawly Defeated!!!
    -Golbat L22
    -Swellow L22
    -Gyarados L20
    -Combusken L17 (now an HM slave)

Wattson Defeated!!! (Somehow on my first try)
    -Swellow L23
    -Gyarados L29
    -Golbat L23
    -Combusken L17 (HM Slave)
    (Expect a new pokemon next update)

10-31:
    Flannery Defeated!!!
    -Swellow L28
    -Crobat L28
    -Gyarados L29
    -Altaria L35
    -Combusken L17 (HM Slave)
    (I'll probably stop updating until someone else posts, b/c it seems I might be updating too much.)

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • ok good updates aaron sorry i have been off for a while i got grounded lol i will start today and probally make my first update sometime tommorow

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • ok good updates aaron sorry i have been off for a while i got grounded lol i will start today and probally make my first update sometime tommorow

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. We'll now that you're back, I can post what happened last Sunday night.

emerald monotype challenge

At that time, Xatu & Swellow were L50, Crobat & Altaria were L51, and Gyarados was L52.

Now, I've caught my sixth pokemon, and here's my current team:
    -Swellow L52
    -Altaria L53
    -Xatu L53
    -Crobat L53
    -Gligar L53
    -Gyarados L53

Expect me to be done very soon.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
  • to best student you can evolve into the type like if you take fighting torchic os allowed since combusken/blazeiken are fighting types

update:

named dude yuki and chose treecko (duh) beat rival got pokedex helped wally and now in petalburg woods lookin for a shroomish!

team:
    treecko lvl 9

P.S. adding new rule you can have one pokemon not of your type on your team for fighting i thought of this because like grass types will have hard time on certain people so i decided to add this but only one in team at a time!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    That's sort of the challenge of it but, can I join? If so I choose normal.

Back