• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald or FireRed

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I am about to get some money and I was wondering which one of these games people liked best.(I only have a gba sp because ds are overrated.)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    FireRed is much better than Emerald. Just the fact that it's in Kanto and Emerald's in Hoenn alone makes FR better. What's more is that FR has an entire "region" after the E4, while all Emerald has is the dumb Battle Frontier.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i'd have to say firered.
    It has the nostalgic, yet new(as in new car smell) feeling to it.
    it has much more new areas, and they are really well designed.
    emerald, it just has both teams as rivals and a big island known as battle frontier, which really isn't as fun as its cracked up to be.
    so, i'd suggest firered, but thats just me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Personally, I preferred Emerald better. Better Pokemon, higher leveled Pokemon and a better AI. The battle Frontier is fun too.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • You can't go wrong with either, but Firered does last longer... But the DS is not overrated, it is worth all the money you put into it...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It really depends on what you want from the game. If you just want an in-game experience, then I would choose FireRed. If you want something more (better gameplay, smarter AI, unequaled breeding environment, excellent EV training process, an actually challenging competition in the Battle Frontier, among other things) than Emerald is the best choice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    You can't go wrong with either, but Firered does last longer... But the DS is not overrated, it is worth all the money you put into it...

I think Emerald lasts longer with the battle frontier. Agreed with the DS statement.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    of course firered, it owns, and i like original kanto and johto better :D

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • You can't go wrong with either, but Firered does last longer... But the DS is not overrated, it is worth all the money you put into it...

Yes... Money i dont have...
    I bought Leaf Green with my last money!
    And i am playing Ruby and it lasts longer than LG, but some people prefer old-new stuff...
    And Hoenn's cities and paths is better!
    Ok... now i am here, but now i cant get past the ghost in the stairs, because i need the Silph Scope i dont know where to get, so i go to Celadon(who can remember the name?) and buy a lemonade(for Y350!) i checked the internet that i needed(...) and go past the thirsty guard that STEAL my lemonade! and then i accidentally go to the gamecorner and defeat a trainer in there, find a secret switch behind a poster and press it, and stairs begin just magically pop up on the floor. Then i navigate trought the impossible slidingpuzzle and defeat a special trainer to get the liftkey and then it is a BOSSFIGHT!?

And all that to just climb some stairs
    And your rival just pops up everywhere and kill you!

AND! The mew glitch doesnt even work anymore!

Last edited:

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • You should definetely get firered it has so much more gameplay and if you have never played the older first gen. games then it is perfect for you, and they also include the sevii islands which I find extremely awesome,because they include some johto pokemon. And if you have played ruby or sapphire it is basically the same as emerald except for the crappy battle frontier, so I think you should get the firered.
    ^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    First of all, the quantity of games you have doesn't really matter. Besides, the topic starter has said he bought Leaf Green.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well if you like playing the old games from red/blue and such then I suggest getting firered, but if you don't care about the old games then get emerald. ;]

Back