• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Emerald Tools?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I've been thinking about hacking Emerald.
    But people say It's unstable, and I've also heard that It's
    some tools that make it crash.
    So what tools are safe to use for hacking Emerald?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024

Well, it is the tools, but every tool has risks. It is hard to say what works for Emerald, as many tools do, but there are risks. Why don't you just keep creating backups, and try each tool on Emerald?

Years
    Yeah, I'm hacking Emerald, now. I had replaced all the tilesets and had done quite a few large maps..
    But scripting didn't work. I kept getting an endless string of "qAF". So I tested scripting on another Rom, and.. It worked. So I had to restart.
    I'd kept backups but the same happened on them. So my advice is, create backups before you insert/change anything. And if it works, make another backup afterwards. It's worth the effort, because it takes too long to switch your hack to another base. Just make backups, and lots of them.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    It's not that Emerald is unstable, It never ceases to amaze me how many people think this. o.o'

A lot of tools don't support Emerald but it's just because they haven't added the correct addresses for it, it's just as hackable as any other version.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    I think you can use almost all advance tools which work for R/S for Emerald too if you repoint the data they look for (at least I think so).

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    It's all BS. For one, you shouldn't let tools take over, anyways. All you need to create a basic hack on Emerald with decent changes is Truck Remover, AMap, and XSE, which all work fine with Emerald. Either way, every tool I've came across works with Emerald fine. I haven't found it to be "unstable" at all, other than times where I just made blatant mistakes on my own part. Just extend your ROM, and use something like DE4040 as the dynamic offset, and you'll be good.

Years
    It's not that Emerald is unstable, It never ceases to amaze me how many people think this. o.o'

A lot of tools don't support Emerald but it's just because they haven't added the correct addresses for it, it's just as hackable as any other version.

I wasn't saying Emerald was unstable, just to be clear. It isn't, it's the tools that don't support it correctly. I obviously fiddled with something along the way that resulted in the scripting bug. But again, with alot of backups, you should be ok.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I wasn't saying Emerald was unstable, just to be clear. It isn't, it's the tools that don't support it correctly. I obviously fiddled with something along the way that resulted in the scripting bug. But again, with alot of backups, you should be ok.
    I was talking to the thread poster... like pretty much everyone else in here. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010

All of them work after you expand the size of the ROM. I'm working on one right now.

Basic modifications that don't increase the number of features (Pokemon, items, etc.) should work.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    It's all BS. For one, you shouldn't let tools take over, anyways. All you need to create a basic hack on Emerald with decent changes is Truck Remover, AMap, and XSE, which all work fine with Emerald. Either way, every tool I've came across works with Emerald fine. I haven't found it to be "unstable" at all, other than times where I just made blatant mistakes on my own part. Just extend your ROM, and use something like DE4040 as the dynamic offset, and you'll be good.
    This is the only correct post in the thread. If you are "scared" about tools then use the one tool that will never screw you over. A hex editor. (Any mistakes would be on your part XD)

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    what does using DE4040 as a dynamic offset do? I'm curious now oO

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Emerald isn't "unstable" the people's minds are. Before I came to PC, I was hacking Emerald and it works fine with A-Map, XSE, and Unlz. Don't know about others though, and those tools I used were the older versions. :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    what does using DE4040 as a dynamic offset do? I'm curious now oO
    Nothing special. It's just what I use, as it's right around the area where the small amount of free space at the end of Emerald starts. After you extend, it's all yours from there. =P

Back