• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Emerald's Battle Frontier Extravaganza: A Battle Frontier Challenge.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
  • Emerald's Battle Frontier Extravaganza!

Everyone knows that Emerald's Battle Frontier is one of the most challenging aspects of Emerald. I have decided to create a challenge for Emerald for the Battle Frontier, just to see how hard it is.

RULES
    To enter the challenge:
    - You can be at any point in the game, as long as you haven't competed in any Frontier venues yet.
    - You can choose 4 pokemon from the list below. You can use any 4 Pokemon, even if they have been claimed. However, you can't have the same 4 Pokemon combination as another person has.
    - Using the 4 Pokemon, you must get all Silver and Gold symbols from the frontier. The only exception to this Rule is the Battle Factory.
    - Your challenge ends when you have received all of the symbols.
    -Breeding, Trading, and TM abusage are recommended, but hacking and glitches are not allowed.
    - When you sign up, post your name and the 4 Pokemon you wish to use in the following format:

Name: Costa
    Pokemon: Metagross, Milotic, Regice, Starmie

- You must post a log at least once a week, or you will be booted from the challenge.
    - Signups close on February 9th. The challenge has an infinite time to complete.
    - The person who gets all Symbols in the fastest amount of game time wins the challenge.
    - If anyone can make a banner for the victory prize for this challenge, I would greatly appreciate it.
    - The Pokemon below have been chosen for being extraordinary in the Battle Frontier. Don't complain if you don't see Pikachu or Numel on there, because they wouldn't survive in the Frontier anyways.
    - If you mis-EV train a pokemon, or you decide change its moves and EVs based on the Frontier, feel free too, as long as you log it here. Oh, and losses don't affect your challenge status as well.
    -To calculate your game time, record the time that you began your first Frontier challenge, and the time that you won your final Symbol. Subtract the two times to get an overall time.

Pokemon You Can Use

-Venusaur
    -Charizard
    -Blastoise
    -Rhydon
    -Magmar
    -Electabuzz
    -Vaporeon
    -Jolteon
    -Machamp
    -Chansey
    -Clefable
    -Alakazam
    -Sceptile
    -Blaziken
    -Swampert
    -Starmie
    -Suicune
    -Entei
    -Raikou
    -Zapdos
    -Moltres
    -Articuno
    -Tyranitar
    -Salamence
    -Gyarados
    -Magneton
    -Snorlax
    -Medicham
    -Regice
    -Registeel
    -Regirock
    -Skarmory
    -Swampert
    -Espeon
    -Umbreon
    -Aerodactyl
    -Metagross
    -Typhlosion
    -Feraligatr
    -Meganium
    -Miltank
    -Ampharos
    -Heracross
    -Slaking
    -Wobbufett
    -Golduck
    -Pinsir
    -Hariyama
    -Crobat
    -Sudowoodo
    -Golem
    -Tentacruel
    -Alakazam
    -Slowbro
    -Slowking
    -Forretress
    -Flygon
    -Dusclops
    -Quagsire
    -Ninetales
    -Weezing
    -Muk
    -Gardevoir
    -Arcanine
    -Jumpluff
    -Skarmory
    -Lapras
    -Porygon2
    -Breloom
    -Steelix
    -Ursaring
    -Marowak
    -Walrein
    -Glalie
    -Raichu
    -Banette
    -Gengar
    -Claydol
    -Cacturne
    -Camerupt
    -Vileplume

If you think another Pokemon should be on there, let me know, and state your reasons why.

If you ever want advice as to sets for your certain Pokemon to use in the Battle Frontier, you can either check Smogon, or request for a 3rd gen moveset in the Battle Frontier Discussion in the Strategies and Movesets forum. Remember to say its for a challenge, so you can't sub Pokemon!

Smogon: https://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/
    Battle Frontier Discussion: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=162131&page=8

Trainers who have signed up (deadline is February 9th)

Sc4rfCh0mp- Milotic, Metagross, Starmie, Regice
    PokemonMichael- Rhydon, Gyarados, Metagross, Gardevoir
    hothead- Charizard, Slaking, Metagross, Glalie
    -{JD}- - Quagisre, Gyarados, Donphan, Ampharos
    Agamo- Blaziken, Flygon, Metagross, Salamence
    Tashiro- Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile, Regirock
    Ninja Caterpie- Sceptile, Gardevoir, Metagross, ???? (Regice?)

Last edited:
    Years
  • name: PokemonMichael
    pokemon: Rhydon, Gyrados ,Metagross, Gardevoir

is that right?
    and pikachu should be, if it has lightball it makes a good glass cannon

Last edited:
    Years
  • well i havent completed any frontire things yet i have chosen my pokes
    Trainer Sora
    1 Charizard
    2. Slaking
    3. Metagross
    4 i want glalie because i think it is the best ice type and it is great ev trained on my emerald and it is my only other lv 100 so get back to me with the glalie

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Before I sign up, I have a question to ask. If your not at the Battle Frontier yet, do you still have to post logs?

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • name: PokemonMichael
    pokemon: Rhydon, Gyrados ,Metagross, Gardevoir

is that right?
    and pikachu should be, if it has lightball it makes a good glass cannon
    True, but I feel as if Pikachu is outclassed by Raichu, and glass cannons don't do so well in the Frontier imo.

well i havent completed any frontire things yet i have chosen my pokes
    Trainer Sora
    1 Charizard
    2. Slaking
    3. Metagross
    4 i want glalie because i think it is the best ice type and it is great ev trained on my emerald and it is my only other lv 100 so get back to me with the glalie
    Oops. I forgot about him lol. glalie is on the list, and ur in.

Before I sign up, I have a question to ask. If your not at the Battle Frontier yet, do you still have to post logs?
    When you get to the Battle Frontier, you are required to post logs. Before that, its optional.

I responded to you all in bold. My current log? Well, I'm currently trying to breed an Adamant Beldum, and growing berries for Feebas to evolve.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Thank you for the quick response, Scarfchomp - I will happily accept your challenge.

Still upset that there is no Donphan on there, but oh well.

The form is in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Thank you for the quick response, Scarfchomp - I will happily accept your challenge.

Still upset that there is no Donphan on there, but oh well.

The form is in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:

ugh... theres too many pokemon to list, its easy to forget. Donphan is up there now. If you want to, you can change, since I didn't open the spoiler.

Years
  • Ive already started and i have a silver luck symbol From Lucy had to teach my Charizard Solarbeam To get passed Milotic
    Used
    Charizard
    Slaking
    Glalie

battle went like this
    Charizard killed seviper
    She sent milotic
    Charizard
    Solar beamed it twice
    she sent out Shuckel I killed it with charizard's Steel wing

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name:Erik
    Pokemon: Blaziken Flygon Metagross Salamence

Edit: Sorry forgot I restarted only just beat elite 4 I might enterif i train up in time not likely only got: Lv 21 trapinch Lv 25 Metang Lv 35 Bagon Torchic Egg

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Name:Erik
    Pokemon: Blaziken Flygon Metagross Salamence

Edit: Sorry forgot I restarted only just beat elite 4 I might enterif i train up in time not likely only got: Lv 21 trapinch Lv 25 Metang Lv 35 Bagon Torchic Egg

If you had just beaten the E4, why did you restart? 0.0 The rules say that as long as you haven't challenged any place in the Fronteir, you're fine. 0.0

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'll post my log as I have just defeated Juan and currently training for the Elite For.

Spoiler:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Well, I need to post my log. Currently, I'm still in the process of breeding and hunting for Feebas. I have gone and caught a couple of more Dittos, although none have the 30-31 Attack IV that I want for Metagross...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • :P

Name: HENRY (In-game)
    Pokemon: Sceptile, Gardevoir, Metagross, Nothing yet (Regice, maybe)
    I normally only use 3 Pokemans for the Frontier but I'll pick my fourth from what I do in the Factory. :D

Currently, I'm in between EV-training my three Pokemon and tearing the Factory apart.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • OK. Factory is rental Pokemon, what do you mean by what you do in the Factory?

(Happy Birthday, btw)

I'm going to use a lot of Rentals so I'll see which ones I like. :D

(Thanks, btw)

Oh, and I lost my streak in the Factory, so :\
    Now I'm on 1, swept the whole poor girl's team with Kingdra.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Time for another update!

- I have been attempting to catch a Calm Regice for the Battle Fronteir with no success so far. I got an Adamant one with great Defensive IVs @_@ but it would ruin BoltBeaming, so I resetted.

Back