• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotion and Power: The Last Hope of Monplan [PG-13]

STARMAN15

The Mage of the Group
Years
  • Oh shi--

Ian felt Cloyster take over and his body move in lieu of the incoming stone projectiles. The shell that made his breastplate closed, protecting the black pearl on his chest. His arms came up to protect his face and he began to glow with a blue light. The rocks that smashed into him did damage, but Ian never lost his footing. As the attack ended, his body relaxed and reverted back to normal.

That was Iron Defense. It is our best defensive maneuver.

Ian was bewildered that once again the Monplanian who inhabited him spoke to his mind. What else can we do? Well, you do through me.

You will learn Ian. Just trust yourself and listen to Steelix. It will become clear.

Ian saw that Oliver used what could only be Double Team and Justin use his serpentine body to dodge the stones. Oliver made another snide remark, and Justin countered with exactly what Ian was thinking. He couldn't help but to nod in agreement. Oliver was going to be obnoxious, Ian could already tell.

"You all did well. And Oliver, Justin is absolutely right. The New Monplanians will ambush you in ways that you could not even begin to comprehend. As the main defenders of the six, it is your responsibility to protect yourselves and your comrades. Now, I want you all to attack me with that you have."

Ian thought through all of the attacks that he had used on his Cloyster. I've got it! Ian felt a deep cold start to gather within Ian, and the black pearl on his chest began to glow a deep blue. Icicles shot from the gem headed toward the steel behemoth. Steelix's tail began to glow and he easily batted the projectiles away.

"Icicle Spear. A noble attempt Ian. What else do you have?"

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • Aristo sat quietly as the others received their powers. He almost spoke to defend the girl that sat next to him, but before he could get a word out of his mouth, Alakazam had spoken. He told them to all join hands, so Aristo stood up and joined the group. In a flash, they were teleported to an open room that had the most beautiful fountain in the world. The centerpiece was layered by the starters of all five generations. Alakazam then introduced the six children to the heads of Old Monplan. He stared at the Reuniclus. He remembered the battle that he lost, which put him out of the tournament. He hoped that Reuniclus wasn't disappointed in his performance. Once the Jynx entered, Aristo found himself in denial that the things he only thought were pixilated figures were actually real and standing in front of him.

Then, the generals came. As Alakazam called their names, they came out and lined up like a sports team. The first to get his name called was Zoroark. The fox like general bowed politely and then stood back in line with the others. Next to get called was Scizor. A red bug like creature, with giant claws that were his hands, did the same as the Zoroark. Then Alakazam called out Lucario. It also followed Zorark's example with the bow-then-back-in-line technique. After that, Gardevoir was called. A humanoid like thing walked out. She picked up her white skirt in a sort of courtesy. The last to be called was a dragon like creature with smaller wings and two antennas on top of his head. After all of the introductions, The six children were split into groups of three and sent to different fields to train and work on their skills. Aristo was sent with Renka and Alvaro to Medicham, where they will learn how to fight like an Old Monplanian.

"Hello, my name is Medicham, and I will be working on your attack strategies. First, let's see how well you work under pressure. I want you to try to hit me while I am attacking you. I am going to use special attacks, because they won't hurt as bad if they hit you." With that, the Monplan gave a smile and gave off a Hidden Power attack. The orbs surrounded Medicham, then went flying toward Aristo and the other two. Aristo immediately thought of how he would counter. He remembered one of Porygon-Z's moves, Thunderbolt. Aristo felt electricity building up in him and he held it until he just couldn't anymore, and sent a bolt towards Medicham. The aiming was off because Aristo was knocked back by the energy and it sent him on his butt. Medicham laughed and told him that he needed a little work. He's right, you will get it with time. For now, just try to dodge until you get your composure back up. Aristo didn't know where the voice came from, but thanked it and got back up to face the Medicham.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Alvaro remained quiet throughout Alakazam's next words. When the creature told the children to join hands, Alvaro did so with his one availible arm. Unable to gain control of his tentacles to grab the hand of whomever was to his right, Alvaro began to speak: "Um, I can-" the rest of his sentence was cut off by a sudden purple light.

Once the group arrived to the main hub, Alvaro had no time to look at his surrondings, for he immediatly lost his balance and stumbled forward. As he regained his footing, he noticed that the others had no problem with their own fortitude. Must be because I only used one hand, Alvaro thought, quickly taking a rigid stance as Alakazam introduced the generals and heads of departments. Throughout the presentation, he wondered if the names that they presented themselves as: the same names found in the English Pokemon games, were their real names. Surly there must be more than one of each Pokemon species in these worlds. Would two Alakazams both be called Alakazam? Or do they not use their real names because it would be easier for us to call them by the names we already knew them by? Perhaps their names in their native tounges are too complex for humans to pronounce... As Alvaro contemplated, he was only half-listening to the remainder of the speech, an oddity for the boy.

Before he knew what hit him, the big teen was teleported again, this time only with the Skarmary girl, Renka, and the Porygon-Z boy, Aristo. In front of the three was a Medicham, that introduced itself as such.

".. let's see how well you work under pressure. I want you to try to hit me while I am attacking you. I am going to use special attacks, because they won't hurt as bad if they hit you." And with that, the pink and grey Monplanian launched an attack at the three teens. It appeared mostly as grey spheres, a Hidden Power perhaps.

Alvaro stood and prepared to leap out of the way, time seeming to move slower than normal, and the boy was oddly focused for being attacked by a being he thought fictional until moments ago. Then, something else took over. A presence appeared in Alvaro's mind, it seemed rough and alien, yet somehow also normal. He heared a dull hum as the gems on his shoulders got a darker shade of green, and his tentacles, acting on their own, formed a web-like cage in front of Alvaro. A dark green hemisphere quickly expanded to engulf him, and the Hidden Power bounced harmlessly off the sides of the shield, and dissipated.

Feeling another compulsion, Alvaro outstretched his hand, the gems embedded in it growing dark blue. He felt almost as if his blood was boiling. Then a jet of water shot from the palm of his hand. It went out a couple feet at amazing speeds, but then, Alvaro losing the connection with the instinct inside him, the water came to a near dead stop and fell to the ground. Steam could be seen rising from the long and narrow puddle as it quickly evaporated into nothingness.

Alvaro felt a laugh inside his head, then a voice. It sounded like to that of a mobster from an old movie. "Heh, looks like you're not at that level yet. Well, you'll get there eventually. Let's just try to avoid these attacks for now. Sound good, kid?"

Without responding, or really know what was talking to him, Alvaro took off, trying to outspeed the Medicham's attacks. Alvaro was never the fastest runner, yet he did have decent stamina. Yet now he felt unprecedented speeds as he rushed through the training area. He felt agile and quick, as if he were some sort of hunting cat, he wondered how well he could jump. Something to try out later, he thought.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Renka ignored the Umbreon boy's jibe. It wasn't even an insult. Instead she focused her attention on Alakazam's speech. She quivered at the thought of training; she would learn how to use her abilities properly. She glanced down. The feather-like blades looked like they could cut through stone...

Oh, but they can. The voice was deceptively soft and smooth, but in it Renka could hear the razor sharp edges, the underlying cold steel. A bit of practice, and soon you'll be slicing through steel.

There was a flash of purple light, and suddenly the group found themselves in a vast chamber. The ceiling arched far above them, held up in ornately-carved columns. Near the center of the room stood a large fountain featuring the five generations of starters--the fallen generals. They were then introduced to Jynx, Old Monplan's second-in-command, apparently--it seemed like they favoured Psychic-types. Then came Reuniclus and Klinklang (Renka wondered how Klinklang managed anything, with lack of limbs and all), the heads of the departments of exploration and technology. Finally, they met the generals: Zoroark, Scizor, Lucario, Gardevoir, and Dragonite. Renka nodded absently in approval. These were strong Pokemon--Monplanians--that were often used in competitive battling.

"Now that you have met everyone, it is time for you to begin training. You will be split into two groups of three. Ian, Oliver, and Justin: you will be training with Steelix. Aristo, Renka, and Alvaro: you will be training with Medicham. I will now teleport you to your respective fields. We will be with you every step of the way. Learn and grow, and we will all work together to finally take down Metagross and his reign of tyranny."

In another burst of purple of light that Renka realized was Teleport, she was transported to a large arena, where a familiar pink Pokemon (no, Monplanian, she had to get used to that) was waiting.

"Hello, my name is Medicham, and I will be working on your attack strategies. First, let's see how well you work under pressure. I want you to try to hit me while I am attacking you. I am going to use special attacks, because they won't hurt as bad if they hit you."

Renka smiled wryly as orbs of unknown energy flew towards their group of three. This Medicham was smart. Psychic attacks would have bounced off her harmlessly, hardly leaving a scratch. But there was no way to predict what type Hidden Power would be. Fire or Electric would be bad news.

Guess I'll just have to avoid them for now.

She felt a strange tingle spread along her back, and with an abrupt burst of incredible speed, she sped away, easily avoiding the glowing spheres. Her arms twitched. She had no wings, which was unexpected for Skarmory, and yet--

Agility, she breathed.

Yes, your lack of wings was unanticipated and rather disappointing, if I say so myself. I'd be damned if I were hit that easily though.

Renka narrowed her eyes, slightly, her frown almost imperceptible. You mean if I were hit. As far as she knew, her body was her own.

She could almost feel the cold smile--which should be impossible, considering Skarmory had beaks. It sent chills down her spine, and for a moment she found it hard to concentrate on the mock battle.

Same thing.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • "You all did well. And Oliver, Justin is absolutely right. The New Monplanians will ambush you in ways that you could not even begin to comprehend. As the main defenders of the six, it is your responsibility to protect yourselves and your comrades. Now, I want you all to attack me with that you have."

Justin blinked as he compared Arbok and Steelix in his mind. A snake against a giant steel...snake-thing. Poison against Steel and Ground. What am I supposed to do? he thought. In the games, Arbok could learn Toxic, but that wouldn't work against Steelix. The giant Poke-- Monplanian-- could easily bat Justin aside before he got close enough to try biting.

Are you sure about that? a voice hissed in his head.

Justin was immediately creeped out. Was he going to have to listen to this the whole time?

Not necessarily. Biting isn't all I can do, you know.

That was when Justin remembered a move Arbok was notable for in the games. Glare could paralyze just about any foe. He faced Steelix and tried to Glare at him, his eyes and Arbok-pattern faintly glowing blue.
    Eh, you'll be able to do it soon enough, the voice hissed. Again, Justin felt that this Monplanian was patient enough to wait for him to get through the Monplanians' training.

Back