• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emotional vs Physical

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    My physical wound is healing. But the emotional effect of the fight will remain for a very long time, if not ever. This assures me, myself, that emotional is worse than physical pain.
    agreed with that^
    it takes a long time to get over emotional pain while physical it can take time to heal.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Emotional. Without a doubt. =/

Physical pain can usually be fixed easily but it's much harder to deal with someone with emotional pain. I've dealt with most in my life [like pretty much everyone] and it's the emotional things that have stuck with me the most.

I never cry from physical pain but emotional pain can have me broken down. Not many people can pick up on other's emotional pain, it's harder to see and actually a lot harder to understand.
    You can sympathise with someone who has cut their hand but it's harder to comfort a depressed person.

Very few people have committed suicide over a physical pain, it's mostly over their emotional pain and the problems they have in their life.

I'd take physical pain over emotional. Anyday.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    We've all heard the saying 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.' In my opinion this is a way for parents to try and convince thier children to ingnore bullying by the means of name calling and swearing. You may think that fat face, or dumbo aren't really offensive to you. But look at it from a little kids point of view, they are more sensitive and vulnerable and take alot of things personally. Little things like these for us, are BIG things for smaller children. Calling a particular person fat due to thier conditioton or teasing someone because of a medical disablity is life scarring.

One big difference between Physical pain and emotional pain is the time span. How long does physical pain last for? A couple of days, weeks, months or years? So years is a long time for physical pain. But consider this: Emotional pain is in your life forever, like it or not. Even if you forget about it for a while, once you remember it, it impacts you again. You don't have a choice whether or not it is inside of you, but you do have the ability to respond to it in different ways. Do you keep it bottled up inside you, and create an illusion of a happy and moving -on person you are? Or do you choose to do it for real, and let it go. Not forgetting it, but numbing the pain a little.

So is emotional pain worse than physical pain? I say, yes. It lasts forever and leaves a bigger impact. It can't be fixed by putting a band aid on it. It is true pain.

Ayselipera

Emotional pain is much worse then physical pain. When I think back about times where I was physically hurt I usually end up laughing at my own stupidity of how it happened. When I think back about times where I was emotionally hurt I can't help, but almost still feel mad or upset about it depending on how long it has been. Physical pain can only last for so long while emotional pain cuts deep and can stay for a very long time. That's the way it has always been for me.

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Hn.
    I'd say emotional pain.
    Physical pain is only temporary in most cases. Also, physical pain can be numbed up with pills or some kind of medication.
    Emotional pain will -in some cases- always be there if the person was traumatized enough.

Back