• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Empoleon, Torterra, or Infernape

Which is YOUR favorite Sinnoh starter evolution?

• Empoleon

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Infernape

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • Torterra

Votes: 70 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    empoleon with ice beam = aka dragonite slayer aka torterra slayer aka all dragon slayer

also torterra is slow as hell, and weak x 4 to ice so.....

Last edited:

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    Oh man, this is hard to choose. I love the Sinnoh starters. I think they were the best of the starter set. Well, let's see here... Torterra! At first I was miffed with the idea of using a grass type but Torterra's ground typing helped me lots!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Empoleon for me, and I'm not sure why aside from that was the only starter I ever chose. I don't particularly like the designs of any of them, but Empoleon's was the best of the bunch IMO.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    Torterra, I don't know why. It may be because I have always loved bulbasaur +evolutions and Torterra just reminds of Venusaur. However I do love the other two but Torterra does win by a big margin.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    I prefer Infernape for three reasons
    1) He's a giant monkey with fire for hair
    2) I prefer sweepers and he's got great attack and speed
    3) the only other fire type in the sinnoh pokedex for diamond is ponyta and thats just useless

I quite like this moveset aswell

Close Combat
    Grass Knot
    Overheat
    Flamethrower

Years
    Empoleon and Torterra.

Infernape has the same type combo as Blaziken, and basically replaced one of my favourite pokemon.

Empoleon is a penguin.end of discussion.it also has neat typing.

Torterra is a turtle! And Dia's Torterra, Wig, in Pokemon Special, is a legend in his own right.

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
    I've always seemed to prefer the grass starters in past games, but this time my vote went for Infernape, Torterra just never appealed to me like the previous lot did.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I haven't been a huge fan of any of them but Infernape has the least amount of hate for me so I suppose it's my favourite. Torterra like a wannabe Venusaur and Empoleon just looks useless.

Back