• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Encountered

EVER DID

• ~*!*~YES~*!*~

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • ~*!*~NOPE~*!*~

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • ~*!*~MAYBE~*!*~

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • ~*!*~ITS STUPID TO CHEAT~*!*~

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Has anyone here ever encounter missing No. This can only happen when you use a certain cheat. The first time I ever encountered it I was freaked out and thats when someone told me that the cheat that you did made that thing come up. I tried to catch it and after that the screen went black and that was it.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    You don't need to cheat in order to catch missingno. without messing your game up. Heres a simple way.

In Red & Blue, you talk to the man in Viridian and he says "Does Time equal money?" and you say no. He will teach you how to catch a pokemon. The data of this goes to where blains gym is (I forgot the name of the island) You go to the shore on the right side and surf half sea and half land. A missingno. will appear. Just kill it. Now do the same thing again. Another missingno. will appear. Catch this one this time. if you do your game won't be screwed up.

His stats should be something like this:

Moves: WaterGun, WaterGun, Skyattack
    atk: 159
    def: 58
    Speed: 50
    Special: 32

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    Missingno? i have ran into a one which was called _____! and it was number zero, and it had on the pokedex Mysterious Pokemon. it was the ? for the pokedex for which pokemon you dont have.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    if you cheat to get anything other than legends that nintendo is lame for locking up you deserve to have u'r game erased.

Years
    Yes, I have encountered one once when I entered a code wrong. I tried catching it once and they are pretty hard to catch.

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    There really isn't a reason to catch it. It's just a glitch with the pokemon code. In RYB(G) it increased your items in the sixth slot. It might in RSE too, but I do not know as I have never tried to encounter one. There is one that you should never catch, this one will kill your game.

enyce

banned
    Years
    VanirElf said:
    if you cheat to get anything other than legends that nintendo is lame for locking up you deserve to have u'r game erased.

What about pokemon not avail in your version. What if you want to get all the starters???

Because some people cant afford two gameboys or dont feel like buying two gameboys. To trade the pokemon they want.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    enyce said:
    What about pokemon not avail in your version. What if you want to get all the starters???

Because some people cant afford two gameboys or dont feel like buying two gameboys. To trade the pokemon they want.
    Sorry, but that is a weak argument. Cheating is always a choice. You can buy a used RS cart and a used GBA (non SE version) for about 10 bucks more than a cheat device. Sorry for taking this off-topic, but where there is a will, there is a way. You never HAVE to cheat.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    sergeim said:
    what did you Encountered?

What you're saying is considered offtopic and spamming. Look at Queen Boo's post and you'll see what this discussion is about.

I think Missingno is an old school cheat. It gets really boring and that's why I play Firered/LeafGreen more than I play Red/Blue.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    sergeim said:
    what did you Encountered?

What you're saying is considered offtopic and spamming. Look at Queen Boo's post and you'll see what this discussion is about.

I think Missingno is an old school cheat. It gets really boring and that's why I play FireRed/LeafGreen more than I play Red/Blue.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I used to do the Missingno. cheat all the time just for fun. I never caught him, though. Most of the time it was that M' thing on level 0.

By the way, you can find Missingno. without talking to the guy in Viridian. If you just go to Cinnabar and start surfing along the shore, you'll find him after a while. He's usually less common though.

Oh, to people who have caught Missingno. - I'm wondering, does Missingno. affect your Pokedex in any way? Is there an entry for it?

Back