• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen End-Game Grinding For EXP/Money/Vitamins

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm considering placing a bookmark on this thread. It's that helpful haha =]

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • Firestar: Have fun! 8D You'll get rich really quick.

EJ: Haha, hurray. There's more info coming as I experiment, so keep checking back.

For Chunes: Trade Pokemon + Lucky Egg bonus checked. Yep, they do work together! The two at the same time create a x2.25 multiplier for EXP.

Also, most recently tested trainer for today:

Fisherman Kyle
    Time: Wednesday Afternoon (10 am-8 pm)
    Route 12
    Pokemon (At final level): Seaking (48), Qwilfish (49), Seaking (52), Kingler (51)
    EXP(Lucky Egg/Trade)[Both]: 1747(2620)[3930], 1050(1575)[2362], 1893(2893)[4295], 2250(3375)[5062]
    Total EXP Yield: 6940(10409)[15613]
    EV's: 2 A., 1 A., 2 A., 2 A.
    Cash(Amulet Coin)/Prize: 1632(3264)/No price
    Reasons for Rematching: Easy Grass/Electric training. Easy Psychic training to a lesser extent. Great Attack Effort Training. A huge 10.5k EXP yield with Lucky Egg or traded Pokemon, and a ridiculous 15.6k EXP yield if the Pokemon is holding an Egg AND is traded.

Enjoy!

By the way, the document I'm working on has all the trainers you can rematch written out in this style. If you don't think it's easily understood, let me know, please~

- Tyros

Last edited:

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • Another one you could add is School kid Alan On route 36( i'm not at final though :s ) , Wednesdays 4pm - 8 Pm , He has four pokemons , REALLY Good exp each: Xatu Quagsire Yanmega And Tangrowth , For me they are all 32 to 36 and he gives out 1360 pokedollars with amulet coin , go check it out ( its better for fire/bug/electric/flying training and for EVs... idk i'm not Eving on HG/SS )

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Firestar: Have fun! 8D You'll get rich really quick.

EJ: Haha, hurray. There's more info coming as I experiment, so keep checking back.

For Chunes: Trade Pokemon + Lucky Egg bonus checked. Yep, they do work together! The two at the same time create a x2.25 multiplier for EXP.

Also, most recently tested trainer for today:

Fisherman Kyle
    Route 12
    Pokemon (At final level): Seaking (48), Qwilfish (49), Seaking (52), Kingler (51)
    EXP(Lucky Egg/Trade)[Both]: 1747(2620)[3930], 1050(1575)[2362], 1893(2893)[4295], 2250(3375)[5062]
    Total EXP Yield: 6940(10409)[15613]
    EV's: 2 A., 1 A., 2 A., 2 A.
    Cash(Amulet Coin)/Prize: 1632(3264)/No price
    Reasons for Rematching: Easy Grass/Electric training. Easy Psychic training to a lesser extent. Great Attack Effort Training. A huge 10.5k EXP yield with Lucky Egg or traded Pokemon, and a ridiculous 15.6k EXP yield if the Pokemon is holding an Egg AND is traded.

Enjoy!

By the way, the document I'm working on has all the trainers you can rematch written out in this style. If you don't think it's easily understood, let me know, please~

- Tyros

Holy cow, with a Power thingy, that's 23 ATT EVs per battle. You can completely ATT train someone in maybe 15 minutes with that! Absolutely imba.

EDIT: EPIC

There's another fisherman on Route 12 you can rebattle, according to Serebii. Fisherman Kyler has, at his final battle, six Magikarp, giving a total of 30 Speed EVs per battle with power items. Imba much?

Last edited:

Tyros

Years
  • jmd: For sure! I'll add that one to the bottom of this post, as I finished it earlier today. Just didn't get a chance to add 'till now. Remember that I'm planning on posting the entire thing whenever I get done with it, so don't worry, I'm working on all that information as we speak. n.n

Ninja Caterpie: First of all, that's an awesome name to type. XD
    Second...
    Yeah, it's pretty epic the way this works. n.n It's something I was really happy to discover. Although... Personally, I look at it this way... (Ev + Power item)x2 from Pokerus, since I have it. Meaning... Kyle's fight would come out with 46 EVs for me. >:3 And that Magikarp one... Yeah, I saw that, too. XD It made me laugh a bit, because none of them get any higher than level 18. But yeah, with Pokerus, that's definitely 60 EVs in Speed per fight.

I'd describe it as epic, for sure! n.n

And, as promised, here's Alan's information:

School Kid Alan
    Route 36
    Time: Wednesday Afternoon (10 am-8pm)
    Pokemon: Xatu (47), Tangrowth (54), Quagsire (47), Yanmega (54)
    EXP(Lucky Egg/Trade)[Both]: 1722(2583)[3874], 2440(3660)[5490], 1378(2067)[3100], 2290(3435)[5152]
    Total EXP Yield: 7830(11745)[17616]
    EV's: 1 Sp. A/1 S., 2 D., 2 HP., 2 A.
    Cash(Amulet Coin)/Prize: 1080(2160)
    Reasons for Rematch: Ice training is really easy here, with a super effective hit on everything except Quagsire. No really coherent EV spread to follow for great specific training. The biggest reason to rematch Alan would be the whopping 7.8k-17.6k EXP yield.

Enjoy, everyone~

- Tyros

Last edited:

Timepiece

Shoddy Engineer
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    Oh wow. This must have been a bit of work to throw together. Bravo.

Tyros

Years
  • Haha, nah, I really only started work on the actual project of documenting all the numbers and outcomes yesterday. So, right now I only really have the two trainers I've posted here documented on my personal sheet. And I only really looked into the suspicion I had about multiple rematches about 3 or 4 days ago. Soooo... Not a lot of work yet. XD; And it's gonna be slow going over a lot of time, I'm sure.

I don't even know WHEN I'm gonna get information for all the morning trainers, seeing as I have classes for those times pretty much every day except for weekend days... During which I sleep in early anyway... >__>;

Probably over the summer semester... Yesss.

- Tyros

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2012
    Do you have to be at a certain point in the game in order for this to work? Doesn't seem to be working for me when I call.

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Ok this is really helpful. I'm bookmarking this and i have one question... Can you change you DS time to make it Tuesday if it's any other day of the week or will it not affect the ingame play?

Tyros

Years
  • Coreye: It's gotta be certain days and certain times for each of them. For example, Alan, one of the trainers I posted earlier, is ONLY during Wednesday, and ONLY from 10 am-8 pm, which is the times that the game considers Afternoon or Daytime. So... If you're calling these people any other day, or any other time of day, they won't challenge you to a match. I'll go back and edit what days and times the trainers are rematchable into their information. n.n
    If you were doing that already... Well, it might be that you haven't finished all the gym leaders. I'm not sure when it starts, honestly. I just know that I'm at the end of my game (After all 16 gym leaders) and it's working for me.

Stormer: I can't see why that wouldn't work. You might want to try it out for yourself, as I don't really ever change my DS time. It's just one of those strange things I'm personally against. *Shrug* But by all means, if it works, and if you don't mind doing it, and you want it to be a certain day for certain training, then go nuts!

Muffin and Redrup: Quite welcome. n.n Glad you like this discovery as much as I did.

And finally...

MOAR TRAINER SPOTLIGHTS!

For today (Thursday) in the Afternoon, we have:

Picnicker Liz
    Route 32
    Time: Thursday Afternoon (10 am-8pm)
    Pokemon: Victreebel (47), Nidoking (58), Nidoqueen (60)
    EXP(Lucky Egg/Trade)[Both]: 1923(2884)[4326], 2422(3633)[5449], 2493(3739)[5609]
    Total EXP Yield: 6838(10256)[15384]
    EV's: 3 A., 3 A., 3 HP.
    Cash(Amulet Coin)/Prize: 960(1920)/No prize.
    Reasons for Rematching: Great Attack EVs and some HP EVs with a relatively high EXP yield makes her one of the best choices for Thursday afternoon matches.

And one for yesterday (Wednesday) at night:

Bird Keeper Vance
    Route 44
    Time: Wednesday Afternoon (8 pm-11:59:59 pm Wednesday night, or 12 am-5 am Wednesday morning.)
    Pokemon: Pidgeot (56), Pidgeot (44), Noctowl (54)
    EXP(Lucky Egg/Trade)[Both]: 2064(3069)[4644], 1621(2431)[3647], 1873(2809)[4214]
    Total EXP Yield: 5558(8336)[12505]
    EV's: 3 Speed, 3 Speed, 2 HP.
    Cash(Amulet Coin)/Prize: 1728(3456)/Carbos
    Reasons for Rematching: The Carbos you can get every time you win is the real draw. 8.3k easy experience to any Electric/Ice/Rock types is nice, too. Along with that, nice Speed Effort Training with a side of HP.

Enjoy, guys! n.n

- Tyros

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    theres a thing on serebii under the pokegear section that lists every trainer you can list in your pokegear.... and the items you get and how to get them yadda yadda.

so yea

a tad easier

Tyros

Years
  • Yep, I know. n.n I'm working with that for making my own list. What this thread was originally for was the fact that you can rematch those trainers over and over during their specified time - something a lot of people didn't really know.

And now, I'm most interested in recording the EXP and monetary output from each trainer. That's what I'm testing for, mostly. *Nods* I'm just sharing what I find here to help out. n.n

- Tyros

Back