• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End of Season Round-up and Discussion

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • Ah, now that most of the shows are heading towards conclusion, I guess it's time to write down my opinions on all the shows I've watched this season, along with the Fall leftovers.

Beware long post!

Absolute Duo - idk what was going on my mind when I picked this up, and honestly, I found it more to meh and a lot of unexplained stuff. The battle scenes were rather good, and the opening has to be one of my favorites, but other than that, it's not too memorable to me. Also, K is Ax-Crazy.

Akatsuki no Yona - OMG, I really love this show. One of the memorable Fall season anime that ended up getting the priority on my weekly anime binge-watching. The characters are so amazing, especially Yona. Although, there seems to be more to it after recruiting the dragons, so hopefully I can see more Yona. I love it so much.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - Eh, I can't say much about this show. I love the manga and the anime adaptation did a good job on it. But again, OP is annoying haha.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Boiei-bu LOVE! - Hands down, weirdest show of the season. It's just so over the top and ridiculous I can't really take it seriously, not that it should be haha. Although, I haven't watched after episode 9 so it'll wait 'til I get around to it.

Cross Ange - Well... underneath all the sexual undertones, boobs and a whole lot of offscreen yuri (aside from kissing), I really enjoy what it has to offer. I mean, the plot just keeps you going, as well as the character relationships and development, so many trickery and deceit, this is my kind of show. Yeah, I think people say most Mecha anime focuses heavily on characters, and I guess... I should actually consider watching more.

Durarara!! X2 - Hmm... I can't say for sure... I guess it's enjoyable? Still needs more time, but this is just the first part out of three so... I'll wait.

Koufuku Graffiti - This show makes food look sexy, especially with all the erotic ways they can show a person eating haha. Anyway, it's a fun side show to watch, with all the lighthearted slice of life aspects. This show is basically it. A Slice of Life featuring cooking and a lot of food obviously. It's enough to fill up my plotless Slice of Life anime of the season. And no, not that plot.

Log Horizon S2 - Eh... it's... not as great as the first season... just saying...

Magic Kaito 1412 - As a huge Kaito Kid fan (crap, I just remember that I didn't claim him in the Bishie thread! But I don't want to let go of the bishies I have...), I have to say that watching an anime adaptation of Magic Kaito is really fun. I mean, sure I don't get to see some chapters animated, but so far the heists has fit in perfectly with the manga, adding along some of Detective Conan's most notable Kaito Kid cases. Plus, Kaito Kid! Can't get enough of that sweet garment.

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata - Probably one of the hidden gems of the season, this show breaks the fourth wall in regards to character cliches within otome games. And it's amazing in that regard. Also, the supposed main heroine is an interesting character, no one could come close to her in terms of normal. Not even Chihiro in TWGoK. She lacks motivation, actually, doesn't seem to have any motivation at all. But watching her grow bit by bit (not as a heroine haha) is really nice to see.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - I... can't express how much I love this series. AOTS Fall 2014-Winter 2015. That is all. Also, #thatendingisexpected #stillleftaholeinmyheart.

Shirobako - Now this is an interesting show. Watching how the process of anime making, including all the troubles behind the scenes really makes you think on anime productions themselves. Honestly, I would go all out to buy blu-rays or get subscriptions on streaming sites to support them, but eh, not available here. At least I don't buy pirated DVDs.

Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road - Uh... still as great as the previous season? Log Horizon should learn haha.

Unlimited Fafnir - Again, another meh show. Well... good enough to pass up time at least, but still a meh/10.

And there we go. :D

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Unlimited Fafnir:

I thought Campione! was really bad, but this utterly stupid. Someone please stop Diomodea from doing this shitty adaptations before is too late.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • It seems I'm the only one who hasn't been subjected to Saekano's greatness, haha. I'm picking up the slack and watching it now, though. It doesn't seem all that amazing right now but that's probably just because I've seen only 1 episode of it :p

I've also started Shirobako and saw one ep. It was interesting. I'm sure it'll improve a lot along the way. Expecting great things from it. Will report back once I'm done with these two later on! :p

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • It seems I'm the only one who hasn't been subjected to Saekano's greatness, haha. I'm picking up the slack and watching it now, though. It doesn't seem all that amazing right now but that's probably just because I've seen only 1 episode of it :p

I've also started Shirobako and saw one ep. It was interesting. I'm sure it'll improve a lot along the way. Expecting great things from it. Will report back once I'm done with these two later on! :p

Omg watch it. Gotta love it.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road
    As amazing as Death Parade's ending was, YowaPed really took it as my favourite ending for the entire series.
    I still have it in me as sports anime being the only anime that could make me cry, and the ending of YowaPed really brought me to tears (of happiness) - I still never know why I cry with these types if anime, I'm just a weird dork.
    Although I still kinda wished that both seasons had just been one, all 62 episodes had me incredibly excited and pumped for both seasons. Yowaped really hit as being one of my favourite sports anime of all time and being tied with Free! it ties as being my second favourite. The manga is still going so I'm hoping if they get enough chapters, there will be a 3rd season because it's pretty interesting from what I've seen - expect I really like the ending of this season.

I don't want to give it a straight 10/10 but for me it really deserved the 9-9.5/10.

Gundam Build Fighters Try
    Will write this down second seeing as I've just finished the last episode today. Build Fighters taking a special place in my heart with the first season really had me enjoying the second season big time! I was never a fan of any of the original Gundam series prior to Build Fighters, however toy robots and building models were definitely topics I'm highly interested in. I was never even a fan of mech anime prior to this either. I still question why I got so excited watching Gundam BFT every single week. Despite being a completely different case (with cameos of old cast still appearing which was awesome), I definitely had a lot of fun watching this every single week and honestly am going to miss it. I can't wait for the OVAs coming out since we've only seen shadows and small mentions of the original characters and I'd like to see at least Sei appear even a little to interact with Kamiki and Yuma.

A solid 8.5/10 for this one!

Log Horizon 2nd Season
    I can't really say much about the 2nd season of Log Horizon. I know most people felt disappointed, but I just felt less than content(?) Like I wasn't really disappointed about it, but at the same time it just didn't live up to the first season.
    My wish for the series was that it although it did introduce a lot of great ideas, those ideas were either later ignored or never really explored and everything did feel kinda all over the place. For example, Planet Hwyaden and Kanami's group - I wished they could have been implemented more into the story. Planet Hwyaden it felt like a lot of build up to begin with but then I couldn't really see their objective. Things like the flavour text and Crusty being sucked into the Chinese server just kinda came up, disappeared and then was briefly their.
    I would definitely watch the 3rd season if there came to be one, I just hope that it'll come back down to something less all-over-the-place and that they'd expand more on ideas they'd already given.

6ish out of 10

Magic Kaito 1412
    I watched the final two episodes in one go knowing they would be connected and man I can say I was really happy.
    As a fan of both magic and Dectective Conan styled episodes, I was incredibly happy with the turn out of the series. Despite the annoying voice he had going on for his childhood, Kaito's character was incredibly lovable both as Kaito Kid and Kuroba Kaito. The story is simple and yet sometimes can be predictable but it's still rather enjoyable. The only thing that bugs me is how the Police act every time Kaito Kid takes the stage, but it's only a slight bother. I did really enjoy seeing characters such as Shinichi Kudo and recurring Conan Edogawa.
    The ending was pretty nice seeing as we finally get to see what really happened to his "dead" father.
    7.7/10 for me. It was hard seeing as I liked DRRR and Kaito almost equally, but I'd have to say my liking for Magic Kaito definitely slightly higher than DRRRx2

Durarara!!x2 Shou
    Part 1 of x2 was rather enjoyable. It took me a while and several attempts to get into the original season, however this season I got straight into it. It's hard to explain my feelings for it, but by the end of the series I really ended up loving all the characters both new and old all over again. I'm really glad we're seeing this in 3 parts since part 1 finished and I just want to see more especially of the new character like Aoba, the twins, Akane etc.

DAT CLIFFHANGER THO.

7.5/10ish and eagerly awaiting part 2 and 3.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!
    Apart from that facepalming ending to why they were all chosen to be magical boys, I did end up liking Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!. The first episode would always be my favourite episode of the series, but I just liked watching it on a weekly basis. However can't say anything more that it being around an average 6.5-7/10

Tokyo Ghoul √A
    I don't even know what to say for this. I was confused and had know idea wtf was happening for half the series and then hit with the most unnecessary depressing ending (Like why did you need to do that to Hide out of all people).
    Like said, I don't normally look at original material so I don't know what the manga is like (aside that everyone says it's amazing). Either way, as an anime only person this deserved a 3-5/10.

Since I'm pretty sure those ones were the final seasonal anime that have finally finished, my final rankings for the season in terms of overall enjoyment:

1. Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road
    2. Death Parade + Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Tied for second)
    3. Gundam Build Fighters Try
    4. Magic Kaito 1412
    5. Durarara!!x2 Shou
    6. Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE!
    7. Log Horizon 2nd Season
    8. Tokyo Ghoul √A

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season and World Trigger are still airing so I can't place them down quite yet. And literally Diamond No Ace is the only thing left finished that I still haven't caught up too >_<

Years
  • Well the only winter 2015 anime I watched was Rolling Girls which I actually really enjoyed. Sure the plot made no sence and I had no idea what was going on half the time but thats was kinda fun lol.
    The art work was amazing in it to so cute and colourful!!!

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I can see some of you really liked Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I know it's from the season before the last, but it is recommendable? I'm a big fan of Nodame Cantabile, as a reference.

Sure the plot made no sence and I had no idea what was going on half the time but thats was kinda fun lol.

The writer was practically on drugs. There's no way that so many things went unexplained lol. For a second I started to think when was that characters mentioned the stuff they suddenly took as true, when there was actually no previous announcement.

Years
  • The writer was practically on drugs. There's no way that so many things went unexplained lol. For a second I started to think when was that characters mentioned the stuff they suddenly took as true, when there was actually no previous announcement.
    I know I was like, lets just roll with it and not bother trying to working out whats happening lol.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • The writer was practically on drugs. There's no way that so many things went unexplained lol. For a second I started to think when was that characters mentioned the stuff they suddenly took as true, when there was actually no previous announcement.
    Wasn't that for YuriKuma?

Anyways, based Seiken Tsukai, later episodes pushed this to no.2 of this season with SCIENCE being the third one.

pkmin3033

I just finished watching Shigatsu, and...wow. That's the fourth anime I've given a perfect score; I haven't seen something this beautiful and almost unbearably heartbreaking since...well, since Princess Tutu, the show I gave a perfect score to before this one.

The pieces they picked were perfect, the characterization was interesting and often as entertaining as it was poignant, and that ending...oh, fuck off with that ending; I don't know if I'll ever be able to watch that again. They could have dropped a few less flags throughout the series - I knew exactly how it was going to end; they might as well have spelled it out with giant neon-coloured letters for all the subtlety they used - but...agh, my heart. It's so rare for me to actually feel something when I'm watching a show!

I need to watch more stuff like this. They need to make more stuff like this. I want the OVA, NOW.

Back