• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End of the world 2016

Years
    Hey guys! I found this news interesting so why not share xD

Ever wonder how end of the world 2016 will happen? It may indeed be associated with the heavenly bodies. Some recent news reveals that NASA confirms that a giant asteroid might indeed smash Earth.

Although there are hundreds of asteroids that merely fly pass Earth, there is a great chance that one of them will destroy the planet. It could be simply a matter of time before a giant asteroid wipes out mankind.

Source

I don't believe in this though what are your thoughts ?

Years
    Seems like a bunch of hocus-pocus to me. We've been told this garbage nearly every year, nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

Years
    Although there are hundreds of asteroids that merely fly pass Earth, there is a great chance that one of them will destroy the planet. It could be simply a matter of time before a giant asteroid wipes out mankind
    NASA actually tracks around 15,000 NEOs (Near-Earth Objects) currently [stats here] and suspects there are many more, though most of the largest objects have been found already. And yet, despite there being hundreds of these objects over a kilometer in size (a.k.a. large enough to be very dangerous if they impacted the Earth - the Tunguska object is assumed to be much smaller than this and still did considerable damage) these objects only very rarely hit anything.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    ah, I was wondering when we'd get this year's end of the world prediction that'll not happen

Could a large asteroid hit the Earth and cause massive damage to life as we know it, eventually? Certainly. It's like how the Yellowstone supervolcano is, based on past geological evidence, due to erupt SoonTM, but "soon", geologically speaking, could mean tomorrow or like 10,000 years from now, and more likely the latter.

Specifically this very year? Probably not likely, and I'd imagine that if one was on course to smash into Earth NASA or something would've figured it out beforehand. If and asteroid was to impact the impact the Earth SoonTM, it could very well be not within our lifetimes or even our grandchildren's lifetimes.

Years
    I don't believe this one at all, because it looks like a dumb hoax. I once believed the 2012 thing and when that date came, nothing happened.

Years
    We will just do what they do in the movies and blow the asteroid up. :P

O: totally didn't thought about that xD

@Team fail: yeah it's not a creditable source but it's like habit of mine doing that like this 'xD' and I've to give something to you guys to read so why not that site c:

Like Nah stated it's possible but not now and I'm also not seeing it happening anytime soon ( soon = 100s of years xD)

Sirfetch’d

as long as it waits until after i play sun and moon

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    The worst thing that might happen from a heavenly body in the immediate future is probably this:

End of the world 2016

We're more likely to destroy ourselves than getting hit by a dinosaur like extinction event. Here's a simulation on what would happen if the Comet Swift-Tuttle hit Earth:

Swift-Tuttle is the most dangerous object we know of that could potentially hit Earth and it's still not large enough to kill everyone.

Sir Codin

It'll be the end of the world alright, but the asteroid has already hit Earth.

The alien parasites that lay dormant on it took the form of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Years
    Piece of crap article with a clickbait title. Learn to check the source before linking.

C:

I don't know what to say I apologize for that link. I just posted something that was going around internet. But.......I can assure you I'm going to make another thread with same title in 2017 so you better not click on it xD. You thought that you really are going to find a true article that state world is going to end . xD

You know why I posted this thread.....I posted this thread for getting replies like Rune, Nah and Esper gave. I just want to know everyone views about end of world by event like that. I'm not stating that article is true but I believe that something like that may be happen in future. If that can happen in mesozoic era why not in this one?c:

If you don't want to share your thoughts or views please refrain from posting in this thread. C:

Last edited:
    Back