• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    no one can predict the end of the world. I believe this. when it ends it ends and we cannot do anything to stop it or be prepared for it.

Lash

Years
    To me, it is a load of bull and superstition. Science, forget it. When has science ever been right about the end of the world?
    This is one of the few things that not even science can explain, because it is all untrue. What makes that day different from any other? Plus, this is like the second or third doom sentence I have heard in my lifetime.

Basically, yeah. This is all just blasphemy to me.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I'd expect giant black horses ridden by riders with flaming skulls for heads to ride from thefiery pits of hell to drag all non-believers down, down, down to the dark oblivion.

If that sounds stupid, so does all other theories, in my book.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Everything we know (with exception to deities and what have you) has a beginning and end. This calendar however, isn't dictating when I'll be dying. :<

To me, it is a load of bull and superstition. Science, forget it. When has science ever been right about the end of the world?
    This is one of the few things that not even science can explain, because it is all untrue. What makes that day different from any other? Plus, this is like the second or third doom sentence I have heard in my lifetime.

Basically, yeah. This is all just blasphemy to me.
    This Mayan Calendar plus Oracles, is not science.

Last edited:

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    ok, its not that earth is gonna die on 12212012, its a new age. ive researched this stuff alot, both Nostradomus and the Mayans said that on that exact date, something will happen that will change life on earth forever, whether it be a meteor, nuclear war, antichrist of natural disaters, something will happen. now notradomus lived in europe and the mayas in mexico, how would they come up with that same date and pretty much the same prophecies when they didnt even know that part of the world existed. BIG coinsidence, NOT! also, the mayas' calendar has 5 different "cycles" in which something happened to the earth. 2012 is the last cycle, in the last four cycles big things actually did happen like an astroid that hit, wars that started, and natural disasters.so i believe that something big will happen that date, maybe not the end of the world, but a big devastation yes.

if u dont believe me, research it, you'll be surprised

I don't believe it. Many people predicted the end of the world to be 2000, others say last year, some say this year. I believe this is all fake. According to the Scientific theories the world is not supposed to end until billions of years from now.

yeah, and these are the same scientists that say that the universe and all life started with dust blowing up...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    if u dont believe me, research it, you'll be surprised
    You clearly haven't researched very well - considering that the Maya calendar is based upon their mythological gods and that the 21/12/2012 was infact made up by a New Age author in the 20th centrury?

yeah, and these are the same scientists that say that the universe and all life started with dust blowing up...
    And don't bring science into a silly supersition. That is of course if you do believe in the Maya Calendar, then their Gods Tepau and Gukumatz where also the creators of the universe and mankind using flour?

Years
    Well the world won't just "end" on some arbitrary date. And what is meant by "the end of the world" anyway? End of mankind? Extinction of all life? The Earth ceasing to exist?

Thats a very good point. If you think about it, the "world" is not necessarily Earth, but Human-kind. Any mass change to our way of life could be considered the "end of the world".

As for the black hole thing, that is impossible. Our sun is too small to become a black hole and the rest are all to far away. Besides, even the close ones are no-where near the end of their lives.

To top it all off - 12/12/12? Seriously. If you are going to make a Date, make it sound real.

The Mayans had one particular calendar called the "Haab" Calendar, which branded the last five days of the year "Evil Days" where Demons etc, could get through inter-dimensional portals. This was obviously more "end of the calendar doom".

So, to sum up:
    • It's impossible for a start.
    • The date looks fake.
    • They have been wrong before on the same basis.
    • Did I forget to mention that 12/12/12 is double 6/6/06?

Atomic Reactor

you know how the mayan calendar ends on a specific date?
    well, maybe they just got bored and decided to stop making calendars.

alot of religious prophecys are coming true to, but im not going to go into detail about that. but it is pretty weird...
    i really doubt global warming is real =/
    just cause its getting warm dosnt mean anything.
    how would the ice age have melted? it got warmer. its been getting warmer for a long time.
    its just a cycle.

but seriously, alot of religious things to, but since we shouldnt talk about religion someone should PM me to talk about it. cuz ive got some theorys. PM me if you want.

ddogg1212

Cherish Ball KING
    Years
    Thats a very good point. If you think about it, the "world" is not necessarily Earth, but Human-kind. Any mass change to our way of life could be considered the "end of the world".

As for the black hole thing, that is impossible. Our sun is too small to become a black hole and the rest are all to far away. Besides, even the close ones are no-where near the end of their lives.

To top it all off - 12/12/12? Seriously. If you are going to make a Date, make it sound real.

The Mayans had one particular calendar called the "Haab" Calendar, which branded the last five days of the year "Evil Days" where Demons etc, could get through inter-dimensional portals. This was obviously more "end of the calendar doom".

So, to sum up:
    • It's impossible for a start.
    • The date looks fake.
    • They have been wrong before on the same basis.
    • Did I forget to mention that 12/12/12 is double 6/6/06?

ok well first of all its not 12-12-12, its 12-21-2012. 21 not 12.
    like i sed b4, they predicted a lot of things that already happened, they might as well be right about this. and i dont think its the end of the world, i thing its more like a new beggining

Years
    Obviously I hope it's not going to happen. Puts all my effort to graduate college for a good career later in life to vain, doesn't it?

I suppose it's possible. One can gather evidence supporting just about anything, but it seems a little far-fetched.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    like i sed b4, they predicted a lot of things that already happened, they might as well be right about this.

LOL no they haven't. Seriously if someone can bring out some decent evidence to support this dumb claim then that'll be something.
    Don't say "oooh I heardz they predicted 9/11 & Katrina!!!11!" and claim that a TV show you watched some years back is your evidence. Because the calendar hasn't shown a thing. The Mayans didn't even claim the 2012 apocalypse, an American nutter did in the 20th centruary.

Well that's expected I guess, so I take it you believe Mayan Gods and Mythyology to be true?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Meh.., don't care if that'll happen. For if it's nature's decision, then we can do nothing about it. :)

Oh well... I'm kinda afraid to die, but meh... :D

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    LOL no they haven't. Seriously if someone can bring out some decent evidence to support this dumb claim then that'll be something.
    Don't say "oooh I heardz they predicted 9/11 & Katrina!!!11!" and claim that a TV show you watched some years back is your evidence. Because the calendar hasn't shown a thing. The Mayans didn't even claim the 2012 apocalypse, an American nutter did in the 20th centruary.

Well that's expected I guess, so I take it you believe Mayan Gods and Mythyology to be true?

Despite my Christian beliefs, even I have to draw the line somewhere. Unless my plans of world domination takes foot, using my nuclear propelled "Exterminatrix" to push the World into the Sun kicks in, we all don't need to worry about silly superstition, which is what this really is.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    Um, well...

There's no real predicting something like that?

The end of the world has been "coming soon" since like years B.C., so...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    https://adishakti.org/prophecies/30_mayan_end_times_prophecy_12-21-2012.htm

Maybe that will answer most, if not all the questions

Yeah, it's pretty long, but don't bother once you get to the early middle.

Yes, Google does powerful things.

And BTW, It may have something to do with mutation, along with good or bad advances in technology, that will determine if the dawn of 12/21/12 marks the beggining of Golden 26 milleniums... or suffering and extermination on the new Galactic day... no i'm serious, the Mayans should be taken seriously.

A.K9

Years
    Scientific facts prove the world wont go until about 5 billion years when the sun expands.

Global warming will shorten that but 2012 wont be the year. And it better not be because thats when I finally finish school.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    the TRUE end of the world is at 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, January 19, 2038

And why would that be, is that the date VBulletin Retires or something?

I've read carfully the site i posted, there really isn't an end of the world for this millenium, it's just a Mayan legend(Or supernatural knowledge, anyone?) that the sun, earth, and the Galactic center will alling, as it will be the dawn of a new galactic day (as in almost 26 milleniums), the calender ends in 12/21/12 because the calendar is based on every 26 milleniums and that day is the last day, and on 11:11 UTC, the sun will reach it closest and most central in the disc all perfectly, back then, i don't think mayans knew about the galactic center, so either they had supernatural knoledge, or they are a long lived civilication that noticed the extra brightness the sun goes in this period, causing more radiation into the earth(or something) and "upgrading" DNA. So in conclusion we are all lucky to be alive. But something isn't quite right for it, It's just what is say's in the website, (relation between cristianity and Mayan religion sems possible, it's all explained in the website.

Anybody think i must have broken it down into simpler words?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back