• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ENDED] Halloween event has begun!

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    ive hatched 3 cubones and 4 ghastlys since the event started. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Years
  • I was so excited to see that you get extra candies when you hatch an egg. That Abra I hatched went a long way to getting me to 100 candies. Then I hatched a Gastly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Around here the only Pokémon who spawns increased are Gastly, Haunter, Meowth, Cubone and Marowak.

The best things about this update are the Cubone, was able to evolve Cubone into Marowak pretty quickly. Before the update I had 19 Cubone candies from one from an egg. Also the walking km's for candies decreased.

The negatives are other Pokémon being decreased or in the case of rare spawns non-existent. Also kind of sick of Gastly, Haunter and Cubone now. And soooo many glitches.

I tried catching a Marowak and the screen went blank, like just the grassy field with nothing else. Another time I threw a ball and it rolled for awhile then stopped, didn't disappear just sat there. Had to erase the catch and reload.

Haven't seen a Gengar or Persian and I'd say Drowzee, Hypno, Zubat and Golbat's spawnrates were all decreased along with Eevee and everything else. I heard somewhere Ekans and Grimer were increased but both are non-existent here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Caught so many Gastly, a few Haunter and 1 Gengar so far on top of a few Meowth and quite a lot of Cubone. Drowzee keeps spawning in too but not nearly as often as usual so I'm liking this.

Years
  • What an awesome event! I've gathered enough candy to evolve/power up so many pokemon

And, possibly best of all... I haven't seen a single pidgey, rattata, or weedle since it started! Excited to finally go on a proper hunt tomorrow

Years
  • That's funny. I'm seeing plenty of those three while I'm at home. It's just well broken it by Meowth, Gastly, maybe a Drowzee and a Cubone.

I think it's partly the fact that I live in a small town with fewer chances to run into pokemon, and I've happened to be lucky with my few encounters - there are three time-specific spawn points that I pass on my way to/from work (extra incentive to be on time in the morning, because if I'm even five minutes late I won't catch anything, and if I'm a couple minutes early I might catch two pokemon instead of one! yay for rural towns) that are usually just weedles and pidgeys, but occasionally something rarer. We'll see how the rest of town is when I go out today.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • How many Gastly candies have you all racked up so far?

[ENDED] Halloween event has begun!

I evolved one of my best Haunter shortly after the event started, so I essentially started with zero Gastly candies. There are still more than two whole days left for the event!

Honestly, I just want to catch 9 more Ghost-types so I can pick up the gold Hex Maniac medal. After that, no more plz.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    You got me, I have only 622 Gastly Candies. I'm also getting tired of catching ghosts.

CP 1684, that's a pretty tough Gengar! My best is only CP 1435, although I have a stronger one to evolve, it will end up at 1533 CP.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I have 252 Gastly candies, I use to catch every Gastly or Haunter I found but since the even started I'm not bothering with them.

Years
  • Well it's official, I've been catching so many things from this event that I'm out of capture balls. Guess I gotta go up the busy streets tomorrow. ;< But I have way too much Meowth/Gastly/Cubone candy now and no Lucky Eggs for a spree.. lol.

e: Only 20 Gastly candies atm, since I evolved one with high IVs recently.

MonEvolutions

Harry Potter Lover
    Years
  • I only have about 70 Gastly candies, as I evolved my best Haunter earlier today. Also got a Marowak through Cubone evolving.

VisualJae

Years
  • Well it's official, I've been catching so many things from this event that I'm out of capture balls. Guess I gotta go up the busy streets tomorrow. ;< But I have way too much Meowth/Gastly/Cubone candy now and no Lucky Eggs for a spree.. lol.
    Nothing beats going down a couple NYC blocks and picking up an instant 20-50 Poké Balls!

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Today was the first time during the Halloween event that I got to play for a good amount of time, and I managed to get enough candy to evolve Ghastly and Meowth easily and I'm almost ready to evolve Cubone. Before this I only caught one Ghastly, two Meowth, and two Meowth.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I stopped catching them since Saturday. Yet I still love the event for the double candies. I couldn't even believe myself more excited of pidgeys and rattata after getting fed up with gastly and cubone.

Every non-event pokemon gets me all excited right now but I am gonna miss them for sure yet excited for the Christmas event (CoC has one so I would expect PoGo would have something as well).

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I've been hatching eggs like mad with all the km I've been logging. Here are some of my totals which are mostly due to the recent candy glut:

Bellsprout candy: 110
    Drowzee candy: 279
    Eevee candy: 229
    Electabuzz candy: 131
    Gastly candy: 562 (after some evolves)
    Goldeen candy: 536
    Krabby candy: 70
    Magikarp candy: 210
    Cubone candy: 130
    Pinsir candy: 188
    Nidoran (F) candy: 197
    Nidoran (M) candy: 277
    Oddish candy: 208
    Meowth candy: 207
    Tentacool candy: 117

During the past week I've hatched around ten 2K eggs, thirty 5K eggs, and three 10K eggs: Electabuzz, Pinsir, Pinsir

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've been working since this started, but I hope it's still going on Thursday. Gonna plan to walk around with a friend and try to get as many candies as we can!

This was a cute idea, and it did help me finally catch some ghost Pokemon, at least.

VisualJae

Years
  • I expected this event to have ended already, considering it started around about half an hour to midnight GMT on 10/26. It's now past midnight GMT 11/1 so it's running overtime.

Anyway, expect it to end soon as of this post.

Back