• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Endgame lacking?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Why aren't there new areas to explore? I have played less than 10 minutes of endgame and there seems to be nothing else. Is this just me? Is it just that dinky-ass town? I love Y, but what's with the lack of side things?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    thing to do is end game

daily event
    pokemon sarfari
    go collect all the pokemon
    online battle somone
    buy clothes
    search for shiny pokemon
    breed pokemon
    Battle Chateau
    Resturant battle
    battle Masion
    do Hotel jobs
    The Looker misson

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Black/White had so much more. I felt this lacking.

i think it same thing all the time but the only new thing to game it 3d not 2d pixel battle no more. most time player just want to finish the game to pokemon battle other people

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    i think it same thing all the time but the only new thing to game it 3d not 2d pixel battle no more. most time player just want to finish the game to pokemon battle other people

Not to be rude, but is English your first language?

And Looker missions? Where are those?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Not to be rude, but is English your first language?

Yes but i have Grammar problem. not best person for making sentence

you get them when you enter city

Years
  • I've heard about this game having a lack of postgame content, but it's a trend that's been happening with the initial paired versions of each generation. They usually make more postgame content in the third version/sequel and even remakes of an older generation if there is one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In addition to what jazneo said in his posts, you may also try to have your PokéDex completed. It's a great way to kill time, and once you do have it finished, then who knows—maybe you could unlock some sort of a secret?

I may try completing the PokéDex myself, but I just don't know where to start. xD Last time I've tried to finish the PokéDex was about seven years ago, when playing Pokémon Emerald. I wasn't able to get the job done completely, but I was pretty close. I was lacking only ten to fifteen Pokémon.

Looker missions are a few side-quests that you can do when you're done with the main storyline. You'll be getting access to these quests once you visit Lumiose City after having your mega ring upgraded. In order to upgrade your ring, you first have to defeat your rival, who can be found in Battle Mansion. After that, he/she will tell you the steps. With this upgrade, you'll be able to get your hands on tons of new mega-evolution stones, including (but not limited to) Alakazite, Aggronite, Banetteite, Garchompite, and Gyradosite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Yes. The whole game was honestly disappointing to me. The change in the Exp Share doing so much plus getting the Amulet Coin way early in the game gives you complete level and money advantage. The starter choosing combination gives you easy type coverage, as you could choose water for kalos starter, grass for the kanto starter and then the event torchic gave you solid coverage for nothing. Gyms were a breeze, no cave puzzles, laughable Victory Road, and pathetic Elite Four made me not like the main game so much. Fine. After game really disgusted me. Now, I'm not saying make it completely impossible to get to Mewtwo, but they put him right at the entrance. They could have at least made a deeper cave worthy of a champion seeing as how the guy wouldn't let you in until you became one. They put Mewtwo in for a nostalgia purpose, why not add something reminiscent of Cerulean Cave? Zygarde I could care less about, but it's also way too easy to obtain. And it's awful at that. It's defensive, yes, but a defensive Dragon/Ground type is going to get you nowhere at all. I wish that since they didn't implement very many new pokemon, they let you pursue old legendaries. One from each Generation would have been cool seeing as how this game combines them all. Looker's missions were sort of interesting, the dialogue was great (though the yes/no option pops up at grammatically incorrect points..) but it was overall very lackluster. The Battle Maison would have been cool if they had more battle events like Emerald. The other battle place in Lumiose (i cannot remember the name) seems very unfair right now because they use teams of three with Terrakion, and the generation doesn't give you much to answer Terrakion and Poketransfer isn't launched yet. The various Cafes are very gimmicky and get old very fast. If you don't have a competitive interest, there is very little to keep you playing the game after you beat the pokemon league.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Just reached the E4, hoping I can battle it again later with higher levels. Iam also hoping nintendo, pulls out some nice long events through wi-fi distribution!

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    There are some sidequests with Looker but they don't give you any reward other than a story arc that most players won't appreciate. There's also the Battle Chateau (although that's unlocked just a few hours into the game but I just got to it in postgame) and the Battle Masion and.... that's about it.

It's a better postgame than B/W at least as it lacks the misguided level spike and it has a actual Safari Zone (Which is pretty average, but at least the awful safari mechanics are replaced by normal battling).

As a whole, I think D/P/Pt has the best post-game content (a postgame like that with the epic battle frontier from Emerald would make the perfect post-game imo).

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    There are some sidequests with Looker but they don't give you any reward other than a story arc that most players won't appreciate. There's also the Battle Chateau (although that's unlocked just a few hours into the game but I just got to it in postgame) and the Battle Masion and.... that's about it.

It's a better postgame than B/W at least as it lacks the misguided level spike and it has a actual Safari Zone (Which is pretty average, but at least the awful safari mechanics are replaced by normal battling).

As a whole, I think D/P/Pt has the best post-game content (a postgame like that with the epic battle frontier from Emerald would make the perfect post-game imo).

and it lacks Black city/white forest thing from Black and white. UGH was it terrible.

Vanish

Poof
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    It's a bit of a disappointment, but it's understandable considering it's their first entry (and 3D) on the 3DS. With that said, I personally still have a lot I want to accomplish. I've gotten more play time out of Pokemon X than I have with most games in recent years. Maybe I'll get into some casual WiFi battles as I've always been curious. The meta game is a bit intimidating, though.

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
    Years
  • I'm personally hoping the illusive 'Z' version will give us some end-game content. I'm spending my time levelling Pokemon and filling up the Pokedex, other than that? Not much to do.

Back