• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enforcing 500x300 picture rule

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    JK said:
    Admins should follow the rules, no matter what other admins say. <_<
    The sig rule is about area -it's the area of an image that takes up bw, hence it mentioning that smaller pictures cant take up more area than that box. Someone could, for example, have a 400x400 image as it takes up the same area as 500x300 as long as the image doesn't stretch out the page horizontally

PD Wooper

.: υвεʀ ωοορεʀ :.
    Years
  • Um ... 500x300 = 1500px2
    400x400 = 1600px2
    Anyways, mine is 500x100 at the mo, and that's enough to get 10 clicks a day from PC to my forum/site.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Ya, but it's similar enough PD -i averaged unless you wanted me to state 400x375 ^^; it was just a rough eg.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I typo-ed >.< meant to write space, not bw (webbies stuck in my head XD).
    Steve just reconfirmed that it's to do with area mainly, as long as too much scrolling isn't needed, which is why i added more info to the sig image rules

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • ...that's kinda stupid. If people can "average" then it's no good. <_<

Why not keep it a simple 500 x 300 like it used to be? Sig reports were easy back then...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • So... basically, if it's 1500px or less, and doesn't stretch the screen, then it's OK? o_O That'll be a bit harder to judge than the simple rule of 500x300

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • *nods* Wide signatures are okay, but tall ones... not a chance. If I can't see someone's entire sig on 800x600 without scrolling vertically, they get a warning from me.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    That's why i added on the rules to make it more clear (after checking steve's interpretation) about a max width of 550 and a max height of 400. It makes the rules slightly more flexible is all, without jeapardising the area taken up of sigs. When someone has multiple images you have to add them up to see their area anyway, so this is no diff, it's just for someone who has one image that isnt strict to exactly 500 x 300

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Phoenix Zero said:
    *nods* Wide signatures are okay, but tall ones... not a chance. If I can't see someone's entire sig on 800x600 without scrolling vertically, they get a warning from me.
    What about those that you can't see without scrolling horizontally? ><

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    As long as the overall height of images added together doesnt exceed a height of 400, and there arent more than 10 lines of size 2 text, it's ok kylie ^^

Okies aaron, i've PMed him, but please just PM one of the higher staff next time ^^;

Back