• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eni's First OU Team

Cid

Years
    Ok, I'm not sure whether this team belongs to D/P or Platinum, so I wasn't able to include that in the title. Anyway...

Ei, Eni here on his first OU team in Shoddy. It's my first time in Competitive Battling, so I don't know that much, which may explain why (in case you think so) my team is poorly created (because of UU Blastoise). Anyway, I think I've got the hang of it, being my new hobby, so I wanted to get ratings on my very first team (and this isn't a Sandstorm, Hail, Baton Pass or any of the sort).

I've used this team for some time already, and I think it's a decent team in my opinion, although it has (I think) a lot of flaws, one is that it lacks a Fire-type.

Without further ado, here is my OU team:

Eni's First OU Team

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Timid
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Thunderbolt

I use this Jolteon to pass a quick Substitute (to either Blastoise, Lucario, Togekiss or Gliscor) when his Hidden Power (Ice) and Thunderbolt combination doesn't work (only because he's at a type disadvantage, because I've given him enough SpA EVs to be a decent special sweeper). He does well on this job, so far.

Eni's First OU Team

Blastoise @ Muscle Band
    Adamant
    64 HP, 252 Atk, 192 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Waterfall
    - Sleep Talk

My one and only UU in this team. Anyway, I gave him Earthquake to counter Electric-types and Tyranitar, Ice Punch to counter Garchomp and Gyarados (or I usually am able to, depending on my opponent's Gyarados) and Waterfall as his STAB move. Sleep Talk is used to counter sleep-inducing Pokémon like Gengar and Milotic, though I'm not sure if it (Sleep Talk) is helping, because I'm not having good results with it lately. But still, Blastoise can keep up with his OU teammates despite being UU.

Eni's First OU Team

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge

One of my two physical sweepers. Receives Substitute well (when given by Jolteon) by using one Swords Dance, and with Life Orb equipped, made my life easier with those awesome sweeps.

Just so you know, Extremespeed somewhat serves the same as Scizor's Bullet Punch, to counter those nasty Baton Passers. My only problem with him is that he dies easily when faced with a tough opponent like Garchomp.

Eni's First OU Team

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    252 Def, 80 SpA, 176 SpD
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Softboiled

A really good healer/wall for my team, though once gave annoyance, too, as a last Pokémon. She sports Wish to heal her allies, and Sofboiled to heal herself (which when combined with Toxic can be very nasty). I gave her Flamethrower in case my opponent is immune to Toxic (and also for Levitating Bronzong), and it works well with her.

Eni's First OU Team

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest
    252 HP, 152 SpA, 104 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

My special sweeper, and is a good tandem to Lucario, so far (probably because of Togekiss' typing). He helped me get past those Fighting types with his back up Aura Sphere (especially when Jolteon succeeds in giving him a Substitute, which enabled him to use Nasty Plot). Air Slash serves his purpose as a Flying-type, while Roost gives him evasion to Ice, Rock and Electric-type attacks while also restoring his HP. One the usual saviours in my team with his decent defenses, so far.

Eni's First OU Team

Gliscor @ Life Orb
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly
    120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Roost

My other physical sweeper, with some of Togekiss' traits, and my final Pokémon. After receival of Substitute (if succesfully passed by Jolteon), he uses Swords Dance to strenghthen his Earthquake (to deal with those Electric-types) and Ice Fang (for the Flying and Dragon-types--the usual last Pokémon of my opponents). Roost saves him from instant death when a Stone Edge is used on him while healing him at the same time.

Only problem is I can't seem to choose between his two abilities, Hyper Cutter (which neglects Gyarados and co.'s Intimidate, and is what I am using now) and Sand Veil (which increases his evasion during fights with Sandstorm teams). But still, he makes a good partner to Lucario at times when Fire-types are lurking in the area, and a good team member as a whole.

- - -

So yeah, that's my team, and I know it lacks a Fire-type (for those certain Psychic/Steel Pokémon out there who knows how to Levitate).
    Also, I think I could consider taking out Blastoise if needed.

Years
    Ok, I'm not sure whether this team belongs to D/P or Platinum, so I wasn't able to include that in the title. Anyway...

Ei, Eni here on his first OU team in Shoddy. It's my first time in Competitive Battling, so I don't know that much, which may explain why (in case you think so) my team is poorly created (because of UU Blastoise). Anyway, I think I've got the hang of it, being my new hobby, so I wanted to get ratings on my very first team (and this isn't a Sandstorm, Hail, Baton Pass or any of the sort).

I've used this team for some time already, and I think it's a decent team in my opinion, although it has (I think) a lot of flaws, one is that it lacks a Fire-type.

Without further ado, here is my OU team:

Eni's First OU Team

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Timid
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Thunderbolt

I use this Jolteon to pass a quick Substitute (to either Blastoise, Lucario, Togekiss or Gliscor) when his Hidden Power (Ice) and Thunderbolt combination doesn't work (only because he's at a type disadvantage, because I've given him enough SpA EVs to be a decent special sweeper). He does well on this job, so far.
    Fine. Pretty Standard.
    Eni's First OU Team

Blastoise @ Muscle Band
    Adamant
    64 HP, 252 Atk, 192 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Waterfall
    - Sleep Talk

My one and only UU in this team. Anyway, I gave him Earthquake to counter Electric-types and Tyranitar, Ice Punch to counter Garchomp and Gyarados (or I usually am able to, depending on my opponent's Gyarados) and Waterfall as his STAB move. Sleep Talk is used to counter sleep-inducing Pokémon like Gengar and Milotic, though I'm not sure if it (Sleep Talk) is helping, because I'm not having good results with it lately. But still, Blastoise can keep up with his OU teammates despite being UU.
    This is really strange. It can't tank effectively in OU. Ice Punch is pretty useless. You can't actually counter anything you're mentioned. It needs out.
    Eni's First OU Team

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge

One of my two physical sweepers. Receives Substitute well (when given by Jolteon) by using one Swords Dance, and with Life Orb equipped, made my life easier with those awesome sweeps.

Just so you know, Extremespeed somewhat serves the same as Scizor's Bullet Punch, to counter those nasty Baton Passers. My only problem with him is that he dies easily when faced with a tough opponent like Garchomp.
    If this is Platinum, then Ice Punch is recommended over Stone Edge. Bullet Punch is also handy over Extremespeed. Consider Jolly.
    Eni's First OU Team

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    252 Def, 80 SpA, 176 SpD
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Softboiled

A really good healer/wall for my team, though once gave annoyance, too, as a last Pokémon. She sports Wish to heal her allies, and Sofboiled to heal herself (which when combined with Toxic can be very nasty). I gave her Flamethrower in case my opponent is immune to Toxic (and also for Levitating Bronzong), and it works well with her.
    S.T.A.N.D.A.R.D.
    Eni's First OU Team

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest
    252 HP, 152 SpA, 104 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

My special sweeper, and is a good tandem to Lucario, so far (probably because of Togekiss' typing). He helped me get past those Fighting types with his back up Aura Sphere (especially when Jolteon succeeds in giving him a Substitute, which enabled him to use Nasty Plot). Air Slash serves his purpose as a Flying-type, while Roost gives him evasion to Ice, Rock and Electric-type attacks while also restoring his HP. One the usual saviours in my team with his decent defenses, so far.
    This won't really work in Pt, with Zapdos and Rotom running riot. Sorry.
    Eni's First OU Team

Gliscor @ Life Orb
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly
    120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Roost

My other physical sweeper, with some of Togekiss' traits, and my final Pokémon. After receival of Substitute (if succesfully passed by Jolteon), he uses Swords Dance to strenghthen his Earthquake (to deal with those Electric-types) and Ice Fang (for the Flying and Dragon-types--the usual last Pokémon of my opponents). Roost saves him from instant death when a Stone Edge is used on him while healing him at the same time.

Only problem is I can't seem to choose between his two abilities, Hyper Cutter (which neglects Gyarados and co.'s Intimidate, and is what I am using now) and Sand Veil (which increases his evasion during fights with Sandstorm teams). But still, he makes a good partner to Lucario at times when Fire-types are lurking in the area, and a good team member as a whole.

- - -

So yeah, that's my team, and I know it lacks a Fire-type (for those certain Psychic/Steel Pokémon out there who knows how to Levitate).
    Hyper Cutter is fine, although you shouldn't be staying in on Gyara without Stone Edge, as it will just DD and sweep in your face.

Yache DDMence Sweeps you badly, so you may want to swap Porygon2's Tank set over Blastoise. And think of a replacement for Togekiss.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Individual rate in bold, team rate at the end:

Eni's First OU Team

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Timid
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Thunderbolt

Jolteon isn't really all that great of a starter. The suicidue leads/glass cannons are strong enough to easily take it out, or Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/whatever then hold on to sash then take it out. The bulky leads will just set up away, and Taunt shuts down two of it's moves, leaving it open to Pursuit, or otherwise harming the switch in-poke. It's attacks give it fairly limited coverage for the Top 10 starters, Salamence and Gyarados might fear it, but they're just outside of Top 10 and would probably just switch to the appropriate counter.

Good Pokemon, but not for a starter. It's highly unlikely that it'll Baton Pass a sub to someone and live through 2 attacks.

Eni's First OU Team

Blastoise @ Muscle Band
    Adamant
    64 HP, 252 Atk, 192 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Waterfall
    - Sleep Talk

Garchomp is uber, so no need to think about it while constructing a team.

Blastoise really doesn't function that much differently than any of the other bulky waters in the OU environment. If you're REALLY determined to make it a physical threat, Choice Band and dump the EVs into Attack and physical or special defense. Ditch Sleep Talk for your choice of attack, and Adamant nature. However, even with Band, it doesn't do too well, and then can't take many hits.

It has a great move pool, but it's offensive stats aren't that great. I'd suggest completely ditching this set, and utilizing RestTalk if you really wanna use Blastoise.

Eni's First OU Team

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge

But what is the point of Blastoise when you have Lucario? USE HIM.

Sure, it can't switch in on ANYTHING (and relying on a BP Sub is risky), but it can force switches like crazy.

Jolly nature, because Luke needs the speed. Bullet Punch over Extreme Speed, because otherwise you're just asking for Dusknoir or Gengar to come in. Ice Punch gives you better coverage unless you really want to hit Moltres and Gyarados. This would also be a much better candidate for Choice Band, and freeing up the Swords Dance slot for another move...like Stone Edge.

Eni's First OU Team

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    252 Def, 80 SpA, 176 SpD
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Softboiled

As said, standard. But don't fool yourself into thinking this'll stop Levitate Bronzong in it's tracks. You'll still find yourself switching out, it just means that you've caused some damage before leaving. Flamethrower is the best choice right now because of Scizor running around everywhere.

Thunder Wave is a better choice over Toxic, just be careful abut Electivire.

Eni's First OU Team

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest
    252 HP, 152 SpA, 104 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

In this offensive metagame, it's hard to switch this guy in, especially if your BP Sub doesn't work out. Para-flynch set works wonders, use it instead.

Eni's First OU Team

Gliscor @ Life Orb
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly
    120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Roost

Fire Fang over Ice Fang, because Glsicor shouldn't be staying in on most dragon threats anyway, and is certainly not a counter with all the Outraging bulky Salamence and Dragonites running around. It also makes it a bit harder for Lucario to switch in, who can now threaten it with Ice Punch.

- - -

The big problem with this team is the massive amount of set up moves you have. Taunt destroys much of your strategy because almost none of your Pokemon are ready to go into battle right away.

The lack of priority moves outside of Extreme Speed means it's harder to revenge kill, and no Choice items means no one is really all that powerful or too fast. Extreme Speed invites Scizor in who can safely set up and force a switch, as well as Gengar and Dusknoir.

Your team is fairly fragile outside of Blastoise and Gliscor, and a Rapid Spinner would work wonders. Starmie would work out to replace Blastoise. It's base 100 Special attack means it can do some damage while forcing switches, and has bulky defense to take some hits. It also means Jolteon can switch to Starmie, since no one is going to be hitting it with Thunerbolt.

While it's not the only set possible, this can do a lot:

Timid w/ Life Orb or Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    136 HP/156 Special Attack/216 Speed
    -Reflect/Light Screen
    -Rapid Spin
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

This strikes a nice balance between defense and offense. While the EVs were specifically designed to OHKO Yache-less Garchomp, they can stay as-is since Nite and Mence carry so much bulk. The choice between the 4th slot depends on what threats you're concerned about.

It's also a team player with it's first two slots and ability. But ultimately, the EVs are adjustable if you need it to take more hits. Just don't put any more into special attack, otherwise you might as well use the Specs/Scarf sets.

Recover is an option for slot #1, but this set is more about team support than total walling. If you wanted to take more hits, then it's an option.

You need a clearly defined role for your starter, and then choose a new one. And unfortunately, the Starme I suggested doesn't work well as one, due to Zapdos, Scizor, Weavile, and Tyranitar.

Years
    Jolteon isn't really all that great of a starter. The suicidue leads/glass cannons are strong enough to easily take it out, or Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/whatever then hold on to sash then take it out. The bulky leads will just set up away, and Taunt shuts down two of it's moves, leaving it open to Pursuit, or otherwise harming the switch in-poke. It's attacks give it fairly limited coverage for the Top 10 starters, Salamence and Gyarados might fear it, but they're just outside of Top 10 and would probably just switch to the appropriate counter.

Good Pokemon, but not for a starter. It's highly unlikely that it'll Baton Pass a sub to someone and live through 2 attacks.

that is trash.i use bp jolteon and it servers its purpose!sub on the switch and baton pass to an appropriate counter.its fairly effective i tell you.it takes care of suicide leads as it outruns all(baring aero)and 2kos them!so they cant setup rocks(if they wanna kill you as you can come in ES to finish them off)!and it lives psychic from azelf!what you could do which i have found effective is sub up they switch to blissey(which happens very often)and baton pass to a infernape as it will keep the sub intact cause it takes less than 25 from flamethrower and ice beam!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    that is trash.i use bp jolteon and it servers its purpose!sub on the switch and baton pass to an appropriate counter.its fairly effective i tell you.it takes care of suicide leads as it outruns all(baring aero)and 2kos them!so they cant setup rocks(if they wanna kill you as you can come in ES to finish them off)!and it lives psychic from azelf!what you could do which i have found effective is sub up they switch to blissey(which happens very often)and baton pass to a infernape as it will keep the sub intact cause it takes less than 25 from flamethrower and ice beam!

Why would you lead with a BPer vulnerable to TrickScarfand also Tyranitar leads? There are way better leads. Of course, there are way worse, but I wouldn't recommend Jolteon as a lead personally.

Spiritombreeder

lol, SB
    Years
    Comments in bold.
    24 words.. o.O. thats strange. anyway...
    Eni's First OU Team

Jolteon @ Leftovers
    Timid
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Thunderbolt

Does its job fine, I guess. If your not worried about trick you may want focus sash. But since you have nothing to absorb it...eh.

Eni's First OU Team

Blastoise @ Muscle Band
    Adamant
    64 HP, 252 Atk, 192 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Waterfall
    - Sleep Talk

But what's it doing that crocune couldn't do better? Take hits? Naw. Attack? still no. Resttalk? no.
    Eni's First OU Team

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Adamant
    252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge

Garchomp is banned, get with the times. It does what its supposed to do, nothing wrong.

Eni's First OU Team

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    252 Def, 80 SpA, 176 SpD
    - Flamethrower
    - Toxic
    - Wish
    - Softboiled

Gets walled by heatran though. =\ You should be walling him not the other way around. Either replace Flamethrower for Seismic Toss, or toxic. I'd keep toxic though. Wish and softboiled? Just do Wish and Protect.
    Eni's First OU Team

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest
    252 HP, 152 SpA, 104 Spe
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Aura Sphere
    - Roost

I guess, but you may as well use something else if your not going to abuse serene grace or its bulk.

Eni's First OU Team

Gliscor @ Life Orb
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly
    120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spe
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Roost

sand veil. What gyarados/salamence is stupid enough to switch in anyway. Give it Stone Edge over Ice Fang so you can kill the two I just mentioned if they do come in.

- - -

Ehhh.
    Show how they work together with each other next time.

Back