• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enough is Enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Enough is enough, today I received yet another complaint that I had the Lost World thread closed. Listen, I said this before and all the rest of active staff agrees with me, it was right of me to close the Lost World thread. Arcane has been unable to retrieve his files from his broken computer, and that means that all the previous work on the Lost World is gone. In light of headaches from the reputations I keep getting, I've decided to release this internal memo of the Lost World staff that Arcane sent to one of us.

But, I still haven't got my computer yet. My brother has not been able to send it out for a number of reasons, and because of complications with his life at the moment, I won't be recieving it until the summer...

I seriously can't even imagine what to do now. I have no computer to work with. I haven't been able to salvage my old data yet, because I haven't received my new computer yet.

I'm still very committed to this project, but it just seems like I have no way of putting that commitment into actual work.

So, I honestly don't have an answer. In all reality, I think it's at the point where people just need to forget about it. And if I am ever able to continue, I will, but it is obvious that nothing can be done, and that nothing can help it.

I'm really sorry man, I never wished for this to happen. I'm so frustrated with this whole thing. The day my computer took it's massive ****, I was going to update the thread, and everyone was going to get to see Viridian City, and so much more stuff about the story, and the features. I had it all planned out. And progress was just starting to take off.

Everything was going so smoothly, that when I look back at it now, it seems almost unreal. But, that is why I'm so mad about this.

...But now it just seems like everything is being stolen from me, piece by piece.

If I am able to continue working on this, I will. I've made my promise to the community, and I intend to keep it. And come this summer, when I receive my new computer, and hopefully salvage the game, things are going to be much different.

You know, the name seems kind of fitting, don't you think? "The Lost World"....

That's it, and for all you people who keep harassing my reputation inbox with complaints that I didn't have the right to close the thread, I did. I was a high-ranking member of the staff with every right to close the thread.

If Arcane is ever going to return, then so be it.
    This is my final word on the matter, all messages I get about the Lost World's thread being closed will be deleted and ignored.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I really hope all that hard work didn't go to waste; it was an excellent concept.

Shame that a bunch of whiners aren't helping things, either.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    This always happens to games that I believe are most promising. First Booda and Call of Latios...now this.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I really hope all that hard work didn't go to waste; it was an excellent concept.

Shame that a bunch of whiners aren't helping things, either.
    If anything, it inspired alot of people to make their own fangames, which is good in itself.

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
  • Woah.
    My god, why is it that one of the most deticated, and one of the nicest people on the board, goes through so many obstacles?
    Good luck C.A., I hope it all works out for the better.

Cubed

Animal Crossing? IDK?
    Years
  • I was really looking fowred to that game, oh well...

Anyways I dont know how you put up with getting flamed every second because you are doing your job. They just have to accept it, its a 'lost world' now.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    frankly i dont see why people were getting so worked up about it it can be re opened if cap ever retrives his data so whats the big deal any way

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    frankly i dont see why people were getting so worked up about it it can be re opened if cap ever retrives his data so whats the big deal any way
    Someone's reasoning was that they couldn't discuss the game anymore...
    Which doesn't make sense given the game wouldn't even be under production -_-'

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Since you said everything ha stopped now and you have your rep disabled, I'm sure this issue has been resolved/forgotten.
    Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back