• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Entei and Raikou

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    I've caught both of them on my game already!
    Entei was a neutral nature and Raikou ups speed and lowers attack.
    Anybody else catch either/both of them yet?
    What natures were yours?
    What did you use to catch them?

I paralyzed, false swiped till 1 hp, and used a fast ball of them both :]

Years
    I played my friends game for a bit before I got my own and I encountered Entei twice and Raikou once.

When I played the original games, I never ever saw them. So I've seen them more often already!

But each time, they ran away after one move, so I'm not sure what to do!

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    I've seen them both and I've been tracking Entei because I want him for my team, but as luck would have it, I caught Raikou first! I didn't check the nature since I don't really care about those things, but for those who are concerned about them and haven't heard about it yet: If you faint Entei and Raikou, they will come back after you defeat the Elite Four (and they will have different natures). I used a Fast Ball to capture Raikou, but it took me a while. I just restarted every time it ran away until it showed up in my area again. It's the fastest way, I think.

Alannya, if you have a Gastly, you can use Mean Look and it will fight you. You will have a 3/4 chance that it won't use Roar so you can lower its health and put it to sleep or paralyze it, that is, if your Gastly is strong enough to withstand its attacks.

Since my Pokemon are only above level 25, I only had one chance to damage them each time they appeared until they finally had low health and were either asleep or paralyzed. And since I wasn't thinking, I made my Haunter forget Mean Look so I had to get a low level Gastly to Mean Look the two beasts while I just tossed balls until they Roared and fled or KO'd my Gastly.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I've encountered them yes.

But I can never catch them.
    I hate it when I encounter Raikou because I have a Mean-Looking Crobat that can easily be destroyed by electricity

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    Well the trick is to go back and forth between two routes and they'll appear on the one you're on eventually.
    And you can do that or you can catch a wobbufett (sp?) in your pokewalker because it's ability stops the opponent from running.
    That's what I did haha

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
    I caught both a while back, I think two maybe three days ago. I don't use Entei anymore, since I already have Typhlosion. I still use Raikou though, and Suicune, as you can see in my siggy

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Paralyzed both of them and weakened them both to the yellow, about 30 minutes ago. I'll attempt to catch them tommorrow. I keep switching between the route below Ecruteak and the route with Sudwoodo until they are on the same route as me, then I use repel, because my party is in the 30s.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I have yet to get around to catching them, though I've ran into Entei. I haven't seen Raikou yet. I'm gonna use Mean Look with Gengar, paralyze or put them to sleep and spam ultra balls. I'm trying to catch all the legendary Pokemon without the use of the Masterball.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I haven't yet because I restarted my game after I recieved my 4tu badge.

Tip: Go to the route where Entei/Raiku is and use a repel, then use the move "sweet scent". It will draw out the trveling Pokémon. (This works better in areas with low-level Pokémon, such as level 20 or lower.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    How are you guys tracking them? I remember in the original gold and silver, it would show you where they were under 'area' on the poke'dex, but it's not doing that on Soul Silver. Am I doing it wrong?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    How are you guys tracking them? I remember in the original gold and silver, it would show you where they were under 'area' on the poke'dex, but it's not doing that on Soul Silver. Am I doing it wrong?
    After you see them in the old Bell Tower, you'll notice they run loose in Johto - which you'll see through your Map in the PokéGear. This is how many people choose to track them as they run in a pattern. Keep in mind, as you change location so do they.

Anyway, as for this thread as a whole, we've got a similar discussion going on over here, so no need for another. ;) Just going to close, as you may continue your discussion on whether or not you caught the Legendary Beasts as yet, and if so when and how? As for myself, I've encountered them in the old Bell Tower, but have yet to see them in the wild. I did get to run into Suicune once more in Cianwood though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back