• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Entomophobia

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Entomophobia (Insectophobia) and Arachnophobia.

Who has either of the 2?

Everyone jokingly calls me a wimp for shivering and running away from any bug or spider. Grasshoppers, roaches, centipedes, tarantulas, etc. The only bugs that don't scare me are flies or ants (unless they're the big ones). Even just looking at an image of one is enough to make me close my tab immediately or toss my phone to the bed as I cringe. I always use insecticide or some random spray to try and kill it.

Sometimes I'll be ballsy enough to grab my boot and squash it but sometimes I get too scared to do it because I don't want to see insect guts on my wall or carpet. x.x

I hope that if I ever get married, my future wife doesn't rely on me to kill the spiders in the house. Ughhh...

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • See? Wanting a flamethrower doesn't sound too sadistic now. :D

I don't see why they'd make fun of you for that. It's a common phobia, after all. Let's assume that most of those people are just being jerks. :p

As for me, I love all kinds of arachnids. I used to own a tarantula, and I'd get one again. More than one, even!

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I hate most bugs/insects. I can deal with any animal or being other than that. When I see them I run away. For instance the other day I had a cricket in my bathroom and I didn't know. I was going to the bathroom and felt something touch me and it jumped on my leg and I dipped out of my bathroom and didn't go back into it until later that night and then wouldn't use the bathroom until I found and killed it.

Years
  • Bees, Water bugs, Roaches, and Stink Bugs. I hate those all and bees I am allergic to, water bugs and everything else just gross me the heck out.

No thanks to the based bees I cannot enjoy walking in slightly warm weather :')

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I mean I don't enjoy them especially if they're in my house or on me, but unless it's a really freaky looking one I don't panic too much. I try to just think bugs are living too and have their own space, but that space is outside where I will mind my own business when it comes to them. Once they enter my domain all bets are off and they will be killed or handled appropriately.

Although if I see a not too frightening looking spider in the house with a web full of other bugs I will let it slide since it's helping me out honestly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    To be honest, I tend to think of people whom wish harm upon these small creatures as careless and wrathful. I don't mean to disrespect a phobia outside of your control, it's just I think it's better of one to want it to go away rather than be killed on the spot. I couldn't really say that there is any animal I'm afraid of, aside from humans of course; I'd go diving with sharks for a job if I were so qualified.

Last edited:

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • A giant mosquito flew into my room last night whilst I was reading something and I ended up having a 15 minute staring contest with it, followed by me screaming and running out of the room. I returned with my entire body covered by clothes (yep, face included) and a magazine poking out of my clenched jumper sleeve. Ended up killing it after a good half an hour.

In short yeah, I'm a massive wuss when it comes to spiders and/or any insect really. They just freak me out. Spiders especially.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I don't mind most insects. In fact, I used to like catching grasshoppers and house spiders when I was younger (still do it sometimes haha) and observing them from inside an enclosure before releasing them. I find them fascinating. For things such as cockroaches and huge spiders, the most I'd do is quickly evacuate the area and call for backup because I simply can't kill them no matter how much I dislike them. The exception goes to mosquitoes. No pity. Instant death for them.

Last edited:

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
  • I can coexist just fine with spiders and insects, as long as they stay out of my personal space.

I chased a mantis around with a cup so I can let it back outside to find food the other day.

"Mantis. What are you doing? You don't belong inside a house. Mantis, stop that. I am trying to help you!"

Years
  • The reason why bug phobias seem to be so ubiquitous is the fact that we evolved to fear them. For good reason, since bug = sores, infection, venom/poison, diseases, ect.

All of those sorts of ailments = death in the "state of nature".

For this, bug=insects, arachnids, and anything else considered creepy-crawly

Bugs I love: moths, butterflies/skippers, dragonflies, ladybugs, grasshoppers, lantern flies, glow worm, firefly, and large Snails.

Bugs I hate, but don't fear, but hate: Houseflies, most other flies (except botflies), worms, milipede, ants, and slugs.

Bugs I love, but fear: Spiders, Scorpions, and Bees.

Hate and fear: Maggots (fear ingesting them), Centepede (HOUSE CENTIPEDE), Cockroaches, Leeches, Hornets, Ticks, mosquitos, bedbugs, and Bot-flies.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Speaking of insects, how on earth do you get rid of stink bugs for good?
    I've had 4 of them appear in my room in the past 2 days. My windows are shut too.

Years
  • I will always try to assist insects and arachnids back outside unless I know they're particularly harmful. For example red back spiders receive instant death and screaming while white tailed spiders receive caution and, depending on mood, death or displacement.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I HATE SPIDERS. MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD. MORE THAN THAT TRYING TO USE A CATERPIE WHILE FIGHTING A BLAZIKEN WITH SPEED BOOST AND BLAZIKENITE.

Said the above, who could possibly like cockroaches!?

Years
  • Today, I thought I should google pretty, interesting, and cute insects, worms, snails, spiders, ect, ect. Here are my findings.
    Hopefully this inspires those with bug phobias to at least appreciate the fact that there are less evil creepy-crawlies.

Christmas Tree Worms and Fan Worms are just downright beautiful...I always though these were sea flora.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Orange Elephant Snail
    Mother and Baby
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Here is a link to a video of one...it's so uncoordinated and cute....how does this thing survive the ocean life??? It's too cute when it fall over and tries to get upright.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO1gLQy0IAw

Now for an actual insect, treehoppers! This one resembles a rose thorn.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Also, the Rose Maple Moth...aka, if Princess Peach were an insect.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have Arachnophobia. I have it really badly too. So bad that when I see a spider, I'll leave the room and have my dad kill it. It's hard for me to go back into that room even after I know the spider is dead. I always have this fear that others are going to attack me. D: I can't even look at photos of spiders because I'll start to panic. I do like jumping spiders though. I wouldn't want to touch them or have them on me or anything, but I do find them super cute. <3

Sirfetch’d

I have arachnophobia really really bad. I can't be around spiders without freaking out D:

Years
  • I hate the winged ones - grasshoppers, mantises, big moths etc. They fly around in a random manner; it's so scary. It was the same for cockroaches, but I've grown to like them. Why don't we have a cockroach Pokemon?? We need one right now. Most of the other insects and arachnids aren't scary. Ants can be bother at times because of their large numbers but they don't scare me as such. I've never seen a spider larger than 5 mm in my life. I don't know why everyone is so scared of them.
    There are some other bugs that I like, like dragonflies or butterflies.

Back