• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Epic Battles

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I just finished an truly awesome battle with Red on Gold.........and lost.

It was still pretty fun though. My team was made up of Steelix, Umbreon, Kingler, Typhlosion, Tyranitar and Dragonite. Here's how it all went down:

Steelix defeats Pikachu
    Umbreon defeats Espeon
    Snorlax defeats Kingler
    Steelix defeats Snorlax
    Typhlosion defeats Venusaur
    Blastoise defeats Typhlosion
    Blastoise defeats Steelix
    Blastoise defeats Umbreon
    Blastoise defeats Dragonite
    Tyranitar defeats Blastoise
    Charizard defeats Tyranitar
    Winner = Red.

It was a pretty awesome battle. Most fun I've had in a while, even though I totally lost. His Blastoise pretty much pwned me.

Any of you guys remember any awesome battles you had on RBY/GSC?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Oh, man, the greatest battle I've EVER had was me vs. Lance.

Me: Fraligatr, Gengar, Steelix, Alakazam, Ariados, Dragonite.

I forget how it all went down, but it came down to my Dragonite and his Dragonite, and We were both spamming Hyper Potions and trading Thunderbolts and Outrage, and he had 5 HP and I had 2, I used one last Hyper Beam and finished him off. I was about eight so I was jumping up and down in happiness.

Poliwrath Lover

Misty is #1
    Years
    An awesome battle was me vsing Red my lvl 50 Lapras just about pwned him funny but Epic now hopefully the next Epic battle I post is my Poliwrath vsing Red

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Me vs. Blue, the 8th Kanto gym leader. It was a harder match than when I battled Red, because by the time I got to Red all my Pokemon were in the mid to high 90's

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I remember while playing Pokemon Crystal when I went to challenge Red I nearly got out alive. It was down between me and his Espeon. I used my Machamp and I accidentally used Cross Chop I think (I really don't remember), got a critical hit and then the stupid Espeon used Psychic and it got me to 1HP, then I KOed it =]

:t354:TG

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My favorite best battle moments was when I was facing Blue in kanto as the 8th gym leader!!! Good times! ^_^ It was a really fun and exciting battle. I had goosebumps everywhere when I had 1 pokemon left. lol

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I was definitely Me vs. Red.
    I only trained my Feraligator the whole game.
    Slash and Surf could take down anyone.
    My level 92 Feraligator creamed his Pikachu, and most of the others, until his Venusaur was out.

I used surf. (What a genius I was.)
    Venusaur used Sunny Day (Oh ****....)
    Then I used Return. It was the longest HP dwindling of my life.
    But it KO'd him!
    My friend, who watched, said "Your Feraligator sure loves you a lot"

It was the most epic day of my life (at the time when I was 7/8).

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Yer Red was an epic battle, though all my pokemon were in the 60's and I had a battle with Red for hours till he beat him, waste of my life though.

Years
    I fought my most epic battle some years ago, i think i was 9 or 10 at that time.
    G/S were pretty new and everyone was playing them.
    Some day, i was battling a friend each side had only 1 pokemon left, both were the starters at ~lv 40. my enemy, feraligatr was already a bit weakened. my meganium used something (razor leaf i think but it wasnt a crit) and that damn feraligatr had 3 hp left, while meganium still had full hp. feraligatr used icepunch and gets freezehax, of course =(
    and so i lost this battle because of 3 hp and a 10% freezing chance

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    Vs. Blue.

The fight was really tough, in the end it came down to my Typhlosion vs his Arcanine, I only had a Noctowl left as an HM slave which was level 20 so using it was out of the question. Both Typhlosion and his Arcanine were weak, I was like yes! I have Quick Attack, I used quick attack only to watch as his Aracanine used Extremespeed and kill Typho. I was forced to send out Noctowl, Arcanine used an attack.... AND IT MISSED! I then finished him off with some attack( can't remember which) and I WON! I was soooo happy! But I still didn't train Noctowl... I know that was ungrateful of me

Foxnordic

Common trainer
    Years
    I've played pokemon since blue version but, my most epic battle was with cynthia on pearl. I was in a two hour battle against her, (which i barely won) her garchomp and milotic were always really annoying. But i barely won with my staraptor using close combat

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Red was the toughest Pokemon Trainer in the game but I beat him with 2 lv 100 Draginites lol

Back