• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Epic Disapointment: No more Ninja Gaiden after NG2

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    That really is disappointing. I owned NG on XBOX and recently finished Dragon Sword on DS which I thought were both fantastic, plus the preview for NG2 was what really got me excited. I'm a big Dead or Alive fan (own every single version xP) and was what got me into NG because of Ryu and Ayane.

But Itagaki planning a WWII game is just...well, it just makes me sad. D:

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • I'm actually not too disappointed that Itagaki decided to end Ninja Gaiden. I feel that more developers should consider pushing towards the idea of definitive games, meaning making the game of forever instead of the game of 2008. The sequels were entertaining though, and at the same time, I don't wish for it to end either. Still, Itagaki doesn't even own NG, and just because he decides to put a stop to it, doesn't mean Tecmo won't. The series is too well known, so I'd imagine someone else will take his place. Then again, I probably wouldn't feel as confident in a new NG game if he wasn't in the helm. D:

A WWII game is rather vague. It seems a lot of people just think of FPS and the occasional RTS. That doesn't mean it can't be original though, and it's when you do a literal interpretation that it's stale. I, myself, don't feel particularly interested in what he does next.

Back