• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Epic OU team is Epic

Years
  • Ever since Platinum was implemented on Shoddy, I've been having trouble adjusting to the new metagame. Although, after getting some of my buddies over at Smogon to give me a little team building advice I came up with this, and it's one of my most successful teams ever. Right now this team got me to 1690 in the day I've been using it. I want to make a team that can peirce the heavens though (I've been watching Gurren Laggan lately) so I need a little help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Epic OU team is Epic
    Epic OU team is Epic
    Epic OU team is Epic
    Epic OU team is Epic
    Epic OU team is Epic
    Epic OU team is Epic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic OU team is Epic

Mud Monsterz (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SAtk
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar

My lead pokemon, it takes a little prediction though but if used correctly it can set up rocks and 2HKO Fragile leads and Metagross. Below I'll post how I deal with the current Top 10 leads:

Azelf: Azelf is using Taunt more often now so I can't take any chances, I'll either switch to Rotom so it can take the explosion or 2HKO with Ice Beam.
    Tyranitar: Since I'm not using a suicide lead, I have no problems with the guy. Just SR and Roar him out so I can get a better look at the guy's team.
    Aerodactyl: I always try to Ice Beam the guy, Taunt is on every set.
    Infernape: Infernape is no threat. Just Set up rocks and 2HKO with Earthquake.
    Jirachi: Swampert hates this guy cause of TrickScarfing, but Flygon doesn't care about the trick.
    Bronzong: I haven't seen a Bronzong lead in a while but I guess I'd SR and switch to Rotom.
    Hippowdon: SR then try to get it out of the way with Ice Beam. My team hates Bulky Grounds.
    Metagross: Tricky. Swampert doesn't like getting scarfed and Flygon doesn't like getting hit with a Meteor Mash/Explosion.
    Ninjask: Ninjask hates Roar.
    Gengar: Hard, while Flygon can switch in safely on Trick, Gengar can outspeed it and hit hard with Shadow Ball. I usually just let Swampert take the scarf while I SR.

---

Epic OU team is Epic

Fury (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn

Flygon is the new Garchomp, minus SD and a Base 134 Attack. It makes a great revenge killer with all it's resistances, most notably a Stealth Rock resist so it has no problems switching in. Earthquake and Outrage are my main STAB's here, Fire blast is for Skarmory and Bronzong, while U-turn gives me a chance to scout my opponent's moves. The 80 SpA EVs give me a guarenteed 2HKO on Skarm in fact. He's named Fury because The Fury from Smogon's Shoddy server helped me a lot through this team.

---

Epic OU team is Epic

Static (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Ice]/Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Roost

Zapdos is my main Special force. It can sweep late game after I dent the opponent's team with everybody else. Thunderbolt and HP Ice give me perfect coverage and Heat Wave lets me hit those Scizor's that also thrive in late game. I'm thinking of trying HP Grass because other than Porygon2's Toxic, I have nothing that can stop Swampert.

---

Epic OU team is Epic

Put ur handz in teh air (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/120 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Overheat
    - Thunder Wave
    - Shadow Ball

Rotom is my main Scizor counter and it loves switching in on resists to T-wave threats. Other than T-Wave, this guy doesn't really do much. But yeah, stopping sweeps is serious business.

---

Epic OU team is Epic

Virtual Console (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SAtk (Or 40 SDef)
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Toxic
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

I don't know why but this guy can mesh with any team it's on. It's so great at so many things. Everytime I switch this guy in, I consider how beneficial the ability would be for me to have. Porygon2 loves switching in on Blissey so it can poison it then switch out while Natural Cure eliminates status. It also loves Jirachi for Serene Grace + Discharge. Other than that, this guy poison's any walls standing in my way (Especially Swampy....) and serves as my Gyarados/Salamence/Heatran counter. I'm thinking of running 40 SDef instead of SpA so I can switgh into SpecMence's Draco Meteor easier but I'm not sure if that'll stop me from gettinng KO'd.

---

Epic OU team is Epic

Legacy (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 200 HP/252 Atk/56 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

The addition of Bullet Punch to this thing's movepool is a Godsend, especially to the Banded Scizors. Flygon and Scizor work extremely well together especially now since the U-turn glitch has been fixed. Flygon resists fire while Scizor resists ice, they can U-turn to each other and do massive damage at the same time. Bullet Punch is here because Priorty + CB + Technician activated + STAB = Hard to stop, Superpower stops whatever stands in the way of my Bullet punch and Pursuit KO's those fleeing Azelf and Gengar. The EV's make me bulky while outspeeding standard Skarmory and maximizing my attack. He's named Legacy cause Legacy Raider from Smogon helped me a lot in the past so yeah. Red Steel is an overdone nickname too.

---

Tyranitar: Swampert walls this guy pretty nicely.
    Gyarados: Porygon2 is here for this guy.
    Infernape: Mixape can 1-2HKO everything I have.....
    Azelf: Rotom can paralze the NP versions while Swampert can handle Leads.
    Electivire: Flygon loves switching in on a Thunderpunch.
    Heracross: Zapdos can score a possible OHKO unless it has Stone Edge. But it needs a scarf to pose a serious threat.
    Salamence: Porygon2 may be UU but it remains its only counter.
    Togekiss: Rotom walls this guy completely.
    Gengar: Scizor can stop it but has to be careful about switching in.
    Lucario: Rotom handles non-Crunch ones nicely.
    Starmie: Starmie is pretty unpredictable and it can hit everything I have hard.
    Weavile: Weavile fears Scizor.
    Dugtrio: Porygon2 can revenge kill it.
    Porygon-Z: I hate Porygon-Z. Especially those TrickScarf one's that can mess up my Rotom. Flygon can Outspeed and OHKO but I can never get it in without losing someone.
    Machamp: Rotom handles non Payback versions but that's about it.
    Snorlax: Toxic on Porygon2 destroys it.
    Zapdos: Rotom resists it's STAB and can Paralyze it. Porygon2 can also cause this guy trouble with toxic.
    Suicune: Toxic/Roar stops this guy.
    Breloom: Hate Breloom. It always manages to take one pokemon down with Spore. But afterwards, Rotom can stop it.
    Ninjask: Roar + SR.
    Metagross: Rotom resists everything it can throw at me.
    Heatran: Porygon 2 stops him easy.
    Celebi: Dual U-turn can bring this guy down.
    Jirachi: Jirachi hates being paralyzed, especially when it's by Porygon2.
    Mamoswine: Mamo gives every team I put together a little trouble but not this time, Rotom makes this pig squeal.
    Yanmega: Yanmega is only really used as a lead. But Rotom stops anything it can throw at me.
    Kingdra: Flygon stops all non Rain Dance versions, if it can switch in on Waterfall/Hydro Pump.
    Roserade: Zapdos outspeeds, resists it's STAB and can OHKO with Heat Wave.
    Scizor: Roton/Scizor.
    Gliscor: Porygon2 does great against it.
    Empoleon: SubPeyata is unstoppable. Seriously.
    Magnezone: Nowadays Magnezones run just enough to outspeed all Scizor's so U-turn is useless. Flygon can come in on HP Fire and OHKO with Earthquake.
    Flygon: Porygon2 can stop it, especially when it tries to EQ.
    Rhyperior: Swampert breaks this guy. If it tries to SD/RP, I just roar it out.
    Rotom-A: Swampert completely shut this guy down. Except for the Cut forms.​

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
  • On Swampert it doesnt really have any need for the Special Attack EVs if it's not using Hydro PUmp, which is what they are for...

236 HP/ 216 Def/ 56 SpD

I never really understood why Smogon insists on using 240 HP EVs when 236 gives you optimal Leftovers recovery.

- I would go with Will-O-Wisp > Thunder wave on Rotom tbh, this way you won't be ruined if Tyrantiar decidess to come in and use a CB Pursuit. In my opinion Porygon2 can use T-Wave so much better against all the sweeper switch-ins it gets. Also do the EVs on Rotom accomplish anything in particular? If not allow me to suggest an alternative.

Calm Nature: 252 HP/ 176 Def/ 80 SpD

Which allows Rotom to have the best mixed defenses with the available 508 EVs. The stats with this spread reach 294/297 where as with your current spread your defenses are 284/308.

- As for Porygon2 EVs use: 228 HP/ 188 Def/ 92 SpA

Which gets optimal Leftovers recovery. the 92 Special Attack EVs seem to have done more than just OHKO Garchomp, but also give P2 a better KO rate on Gyarados and Dugtrio, the latter being able to survive Ice Beam if you're using only 40 Evs.

For Zapdos I would opt for Hidden Power Grass, you already have plenty of insurance against Dragon Types with your other members.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    Heh-you have the same Flygon set as my Shoddy Flygon does.

Rotom sounds redundant with Zapdos to some extent, though. You might want to try Blissey, as it also has access to Thunder Wave. It can also handle Starmie and Porygon-Z easily.

Infernape is another matter...Just try to keep Mixpert alive.

Back