• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Episode Requests?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Generally, because the videos could be distributed through illegal means. The rules of the section state: "In general, a clip can be posted to contribute to a discussion, for example: when someone wants to clarify a plot element.
    linking/asking for video material containing the full/a large portion of the runtime is not allowed if it is distributed outside its legal means.
    What does this mean? For example, linking to website containing links to full episodes or movies are not allowed allowed. Links to Toonami Jetstream or the TV-tokyo website are allowed, because they are legally distributing the video."

So the companies that own Pokemon could crack down and punish PC in some way for distributing the television show in an illegal way. It's kind of like why Youtube really doesn't have many Pokemon videos anymore of the anime show (I believe) because the means of sharing the show there were illegal, due to copyright infringement.

So that's what happened. There was an announcement when it first happened, but I can't find it now.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I'll also add that illegal downloads shouldn't be done. So just buy the DVDs that come out to support the company. If you stream television programs then use a legal method of doing so and that the site is streaming legally.

I don't think that PC has any rights or anything else to do this, so I guess that's it. Including what Astinus said of course.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    Gah! This is the exact same thing that happened to Family Guy and the Simpsons! So, does any of you know where to find Pokemon episodes?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Gah! This is the exact same thing that happened to Family Guy and the Simpsons! So, does any of you know where to find Pokemon episodes?
    www.amazon.com should have full movies, episodes, etc. D; In all seriousness, though, most video rental places should have the DVDs of the series--for what, $4 per DVD rental? That's fairly affordable.

Otherwise, we can't help you here. You'll have to find some other forum to link you to illegal materials because we simply can't here. I regret to say we value being open. Not only are we at risk of being forced to close due to copyright infringements from Pokémon's owners if we link to full episodes, etc., but that kind of content isn't permitted on our server either, so if caught, we'd lose our place on the internet too. D;

Back