• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erasing and Replacing a Generation

Years
    As we all know, we currently have four generations of Pokémon that have been introduced. But here's the question; if you could erase one generation, as if it never happened at all, and replace that generation with who knows what, which one would you revamp?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Hmmmm...interesting (and hard to answer) question.

I would either:
    a) Keep it as it is as I dont think any of the generations are that bad.

Or....

b) Would keep all of the features of Generation 4 (Wifi etc) but get rid of some Gym Leaders (Crasher Wake etc), get rid of some horribly designed Pokemon (Bidoof, anyone?), and make a few tweaks here and there. I would probably keep the region and story the same though.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Bidoof isn't that bad. Every game needs its goofy rodent. (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof. Running Rodent theme). I personally wouldn't change a thing.

Gavin<3

Years
    I would take half of all the Pokémon introduced in 3rd gen and half of the Pokémon from 4th gen, put them in a mixer, personally supervise what's coming out of the mixer afterwards and put the new creatures back in the empty spots in the Pokédex.

Bidoof would probably have existed under my supervision too. Only, it would have looked like a menacing creature with giant teeth instead of a goofy Disney hamster.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    First off, I would like start with a Magikarp genocide complete check of all the pros can cons of the game.

I would then take out Gen. III and Gen. IV and personally work on it with a group of professionals. Then, take some obviously ridiculous Pokémons out and place the rest back into their places.

I would also take down Arceus, because either the Pokémon world wasn't meant to have a God Pokémon, or it wasn't ready to have one. I would then make a story behind each and every Legendary Pokémon out there! Yes, that includes you, Heatron!

Finally, I'll make Orre a major region.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I would erase Gen 4 and completely start from scratch. I'd keep most of the Pokemon but change some (the obviously silly looking Pokemon) and I would completely change the legendaries (to me, they just don't look legendary!!) and just make new ones. I'd make cats or something. (to follow the bird, dog thing... I loved the birds and dogs... so, why not cats? Maybe one could be sort of tigerish... then a lionish one... and maybe a pantherish one) And the legendaries would not be "gods". To me, that's just silly.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Erase hoenn and make sure there never was such a thing as hoenn. And make sure something awesome replaces that god forsaken hell hole of a region. But make sure trapinch and mudkip survive. Otherwise bury it to the ground/

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I would erase ALL of Generation 1 and replace it with comedy styles and arts of Generation 4 so people can't complain nostalgically anymore. Which would mean a lot less stress.

Well, it would be true, no?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd erase the third and redo the games to look more like the second generation ones.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    (I see most of you would replace Hoenn. D: I love Hoenn)

I would replace.....Gen 2. I don't really like much Poke'mon there apart from a few.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    What's with all the Hoenn hate? D: Sheesh, people. Hoenn's got a lot of great Pokemon, but yes, I'll admit, a bunch of crappy ones too. But Sinnoh is no better! >_<

All in all I wouldn't erase or replace any generation...but! As people have said, I'd love to take out a lot of the crappy, cutsie, vanity-or-otherwise-useless Pokemon, or at least make them somewhat...useful. All the games so far have a few "what the heck were they thinking?" creatures, either in terms of appearance or stats =x Some of the ones I'd love to use for aesthetic reasons have generally lackluster stats. Others are completely hideous and have great stats :P I know, vain. But you can't tell me there aren't a few UU Pokemon you wish were a little more OU ;)

I would also take down Arceus, because either the Pokémon world wasn't meant to have a God Pokémon, or it wasn't ready to have one. I would then make a story behind each and every Legendary Pokémon out there! Yes, that includes you, Heatron!

This, also.

Years
    Generation 4. It just seems like they're running out of Pokemon Ideas...I wish they'd make a Gen 1 game with all those fancy dancy features...lol

ArmedDragoon

Psyduck Trainer
    Years
    Agh, this question is hard. The first two regions are awesome and aren't going anywhere, Hoenn gave me a sort of "meh" feeling, and Sinnoh...is just kind of there. That said, Sinnoh has my favorite legendary and my favorite trainer. So I guess that leaves Hoenn.

I'd much rather leave all the regions alone. I am not much better at coming up with pokeymans, eh.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I would alter Hoenn. It is by far the most bland region yet. Just a bunch of boring pastures and "snowy" mountains, along with 70% of the region being an ocean. I understand it's a tropical region, but still... I would also go and either erase all the ignored pokemon (Slugma, Yanma, ect.) or give them significant roles in the games.

Giraffles <3

podɐʇǝɯ
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I would have to get rid of Gen 3, I don't like Gen 4 much either but Gen 3 seems less noticed and there aren't to many good Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Generation 4 mainly due to I only played one game from that generation, as opposed to at least two from each other generation. The Pokémon in Generation 4 also seem the least like the other generations, with generation 3 also bordering on that. However, I just couldn't get rid of Torchic or Azurill ♥ (and a select few out of the rest.)

Back