• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ERD's Intro

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Hello residents of PC, I am ElectroRisingDawn, feel free to break-down my username or just address me by my initials, whichever works best for you ^_^

I am currently residing in the borders of the USA.

I have been a pokemon fan since Yellow's release(Back when I was still illiterate 0.0), I like to think the series has grown as I have (When one takes into consideration places like the Strange House and the Pokedex Entires, including more positive aspects such as balancing the battle mechanics, expanding on customization, focusing on developing the characters, etc). One glance at my current Profile Image and Avatar could tell some of you my 2nd favorite franchise thus far.

I've played a number of rom hacks, such as the Ruby Destiny Trilogy, Prism, Brown, Light Platinum, Skyline to name a few off the top of my head. I'd actually like to get into making my own, however the programs that would make some of it a breeze seem to be missing some key components and I fail at scripting (Granted I've been using Emerald, which may explain my poor luck ._.)

It wasn't until just recently that I realized I could patch games on my Notebook(Was not able to do that with our old computer). When it came to rom hacks I found myself coming back to this site again n' again, I had been wanting to make an account on here, but I wasn't too sure if I could keep up the routine of coming back(That, and I've been suffering from motivation to do so many things that I would end-up putting more and more things aside to start something else ... Yeah, I need help ^_^; )

There are a lot more things I want to say, but I don't wish to keep adding-on to this post (It might lead to some undesirable consequences 0.0), plus I tend to ramble on.

So in conclusion: I look forward to meeting you all and will try to be on my best behavior during my stay here ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Heeey ElectroRisingDawn! Welcome to PC 'kay! <3

Ooh, have you played Flora Sky? That was the only hack I really got far in and it was great. The ones you listed seem really popular, however, and I'd like to try them sometime soon if time permits. Prism and Brown were especially wonderful though and they're one of the games that led me to PC in 2006 to begin with.. they weren't ever finished, were they? :( Hopefully the creator can complete them sometime since they were just amaaazing. I'm sure you'll be able to make a great game if you look through the many resources in our Emulation board, so be sure to look around and utilize all the awesome stuff to your advantage. You can ask questions about hacking and get help with scripting among other things!

But psh, I'm sure you'll love it here! :D; A lot of people get hooked upon making an account and end up sticking around for a long while. It's a very fun journey so it's great that you've chosen to make an account. Let us know if you need any help, all right? The lovely moderators are always happy to help and we're more than eager to point you in the right direction if you need it (as well as be your friends). Any big Pokemon fan like yourself is welcome - hope you have the inspiration to keep coming on and posting! All of our Pokemon boards would be lovely for you as you're such a big and long-time fan.

See you around, ERD! You didn't ramble at all and I'm honestly glad you gave us so much to reply to. n~n

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Welcome to the community, ERD! Glad to see another fan jump on board! I'm new here too, but can't wait to grow and explore on these forums. :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Oh hai ElectroRisingDawn! Welcome to PC!

Yellow was a good and nostalgic game for me and I have had so many good times playing them. I loved having a Pikachu as my starter and the fact it followed you and that you could check it's emotions was the coolest thing to me. I was really happy when I found out the following Pokemon feature returned in HeartGold and SoulSilver , but I wish it came back in future games. :( I've been playing since Red version and I agree that the franchise has evolved and grown so much since then. I always see people who think it's gotten worse since Generation 1, but I think it's getting better and better. I love Gen V a lot and the story of Black and White blew me away cause of how intense it was. And keeping up with the news of Pokemon X and Y , I can see the series getting even better from here on! Have you been keeping up with X and Y news? I have and so far they look like they'll be amazing games!

You're avatar and profile picture are Apollo Justice from the Ace Attorney series right? I only knew that cause of adverting for the games. I've never played any of them, but they always seemed like great games. I'm guessing that is your second favorite franchise right? Well if so, you can always make a discussion thread for them in Video Games. Of course you can talk about other non Pokemon games there too. And you can start an Ace Attorney club in Fan Clubs & Groups too. There was a club there for the series, but it's been dead for sometime. D: Though you're more than welcome to make a new club. Just follow the guidelines and you'll club will be approved of in no time. I'm the owner clubs here and I can say for sure that clubs are really fun. You can meet tons of people with similar interest and discuss the things you love.

We're a big ROM hacking community so it shouldn't be too hard to find all you need on playing and creating hacks.The Emulation section is by far are most popular so it has lots of games to play. I've always wanted to try myself, particularly Flora Sky. Just need to get around to it sometime! ^_^ Cirno's already suggested a good amount of threads to get you started in the ROM hacking community. You could become very addicted to this forum like me. XD It's not too hard to become a regular here once you post around a bit. As suggested, the moderators and other staff in orange and red will always help you with anything.

And look at me rambling too! Haha nah, it's fine to ramble sometimes so you're intro's just fine. See you around and have you have an excellent stay here!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Welcome to the community, ERD! Glad to see another fan jump on board! I'm new here too, but can't wait to grow and explore on these forums. :)

Well, then pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Paper ^_^

Oh hai ElectroRisingDawn! Welcome to PC!

Yellow was a good and nostalgic game for me and I have had so many good times playing them. I loved having a Pikachu as my starter and the fact it followed you and that you could check it's emotions was the coolest thing to me. I was really happy when I found out the following Pokemon feature returned in HeartGold and SoulSilver , but I wish it came back in future games. :( I've been playing since Red version and I agree that the franchise has evolved and grown so much since then. I always see people who think it's gotten worse since Generation 1, but I think it's getting better and better. I love Gen V a lot and the story of Black and White blew me away cause of how intense it was. And keeping up with the news of Pokemon X and Y , I can see the series getting even better from here on! Have you been keeping up with X and Y news? I have and so far they look like they'll be amazing games!

You're avatar and profile picture are Apollo Justice from the Ace Attorney series right? I only knew that cause of adverting for the games. I've never played any of them, but they always seemed like great games. I'm guessing that is your second favorite franchise right? Well if so, you can always make a discussion thread for them in ' ' Video Games. Of course you can talk about other non Pokemon games there too. And you can start an Ace Attorney club in ' ' Fan Clubs & Groups too. There was a club there for the series, but it's been dead for sometime. D: Though you're more than welcome to make a new club. Just follow the guidelines and you'll club will be approved of in no time. I'm the owner clubs here and I can say for sure that clubs are really fun. You can meet tons of people with similar interest and discuss the things you love.

We're a big ROM hacking community so it shouldn't be too hard to find all you need on playing and creating hacks.The Emulation section is by far are most popular so it has lots of games to play. I've always wanted to try myself, particularly Flora Sky. Just need to get around to it sometime! ^_^ Cirno's already suggested a good amount of threads to get you started in the ROM hacking community. You could become very addicted to this forum like me. XD It's not too hard to become a regular here once you post around a bit. As suggested, the moderators and other staff in orange and red will always help you with anything.

And look at me rambling too! Haha nah, it's fine to ramble sometimes so you're intro's just fine. See you around and have you have an excellent stay here!

Salutation, Squared :3

I try to be weary with nostalgia, as it can cloud people's judgement(What you posted before could count as supporting testimony for this claim), though I'm guilty of buying the remakes(Technically Leafgreen was an unexpected gift and HG/SS was a combination of G/S with Crystal, along with adding things here n' there) as well as getting excited with Game Freak hinting more and more at plans for Hoenn Remakes(Rostboro remix in Bl2/Wh2's data and the pokemon selected to gain Fairy Type Gens ... To name the strongest suggestions I know of). Yes, I do, I try to visit Serebii.net twice a day at least, watch numerous videos concerning the games, etc. Even though I know it's probably unlikely and regardless of my disbelief in superstitions I find myself crossing my fingers in the hopes CoroCoro Aug 2013 is released this week.

Yep, ex-underdog AJ, before he was injured. They are, even the black sheep of the series(AJ's title) is great in it's own right. I will keep that option in mind, thank you kindly, Squared ^_^

The patching is relatively easy, scripting is currently a nightmare. Seeing as this is a community for the 2nd largest franchise of Nintendo I would imagine there is gonna be a lot happening around here, so I might become get addicted yet xD

If you say so, nice texting with you, Squarded :3

Heeey ElectroRisingDawn! Welcome to PC 'kay! <3

Ooh, have you played Flora Sky? That was the only hack I really got far in and it was great. The ones you listed seem really popular, however, and I'd like to try them sometime soon if time permits. Prism and Brown were especially wonderful though and they're one of the games that led me to PC in 2006 to begin with.. they weren't ever finished, were they? :( Hopefully the creator can complete them sometime since they were just amaaazing. I'm sure you'll be able to make a great game if you look through the many resources in our Emulation board, so be sure to look around and utilize all the awesome stuff to your advantage. You can ask [/B] and "]get help with scripting among other things!

But psh, I'm sure you'll love it here! :D; A lot of people get hooked upon making an account and end up sticking around for a long while. It's a very fun journey so it's great that you've chosen to make an account. Let us know if you need any help, all right? The lovely moderators are always happy to help and we're more than eager to point you in the right direction if you need it (as well as be your friends). Any big Pokemon fan like yourself is welcome - hope you have the inspiration to keep coming on and posting! All of our Pokemon boards would be lovely for you as you're such a big and long-time fan.

See you around, ERD! You didn't ramble at all and I'm honestly glad you gave us so much to reply to. n~n

No, but I've seen incomplete playthroughs about it, not entirely sure if I'd like it or not, but I'll just have to try it when I get the chance :3 Well, I hope you can too. It seems he hasn't worked on them(At least Prism) since Summer of 2010 0.0 ... uhhh. The latter seems a tad ... Intimidating 0.0 ... Hopefully Questions about hacking is a little more lenient.

I'll keep that in mind and take more than a grain from that (Seeing as you happen to be one of the mods), I'll try to be patient while waiting for any and all responses from you guys, hopefully I don't cause them to lose their patience.

Anyways, thank you for the initial guidance and the moral support, Cirno, looking forward to conversing with you soon ^_^

Back