• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ERMAGERD I'M A MOD NOW! ^o^

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Damn, I don't have my promotion conversation saved. :I

I wasn't shocked exactly, but I was rather thrilled. I remember being really happy and staying up all night. Then I got no sleep the next day. =D

Zet

Years
    I was never asked when I became a moderator for the technology section. It was pretty cool at first being able to VM without having to wait, and the bigger filesize avatars were the best. But my work as a moderator was pretty boring since technology at the time wasn't super active.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    But you were an excellent mod, Zetty <3

And for shame, Bloodex! You were modded recently and you already lost the convo' lol

I was modded over MSN and that messenger died so... I can never access my beautiful modding convo again. ;~~~~; Though it's kind of my fault for not saving in the first place since we were told in advance MSN was closing, haha.

But yeah, I was super excited. When I started posting in The Welcome Lounge I realized how much fun it was and couldn't stop, so when Went started dropping hints through MSN the day before it made it so hard for me to sleep since there was so much excitement. At first I thought he was just telling me about what was to come in that board since I posted there lmao, I generally am a little too modest. I'm still quite excited over it even now since I really enjoy modding this place. :D

Years
    Depending on how it were to actually go down, I think I would get a feeling of disbelief more than anything. I'm not the kind of person to jump up and down when I get excited, but I'm sure my insides would be as I sat there with my jaw on the floor. And if I were to be asked, as long as I was familiar with the board, I don't see how I could turn it down.

On a semi-related note, I read this thread last night and didn't bother replying to it. When I came back on PC earlier today, I saw that I had three new PMs, which I never get. I quickly found out they were just to notify me that I'd received a few emblems, but the combination of having this thread fresh in my mind and some random PMs did make my heart skip a beat, haha.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    When I got asked if I'd like to mod 4th Gen I ran around the house like a lunatic, paha.

This is my modding PM sent by the sneaky Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog said:
    It's come to my (and several other staff members') attention that you've been making quite a scene around PC, and especially around Fourth Generation Games, where you've made a name for yourself. Reporting all over the place; making lots of new threads; replying to new posts etc. You've certainly been causing quite the stir! Well, we can't have troublemakers like you in that section, and I'm just here to tell you that behaviour needs to cease.

Razor Leaf: braviary is everything i hate about this world

SM | Po10 | POIDH | SaA

Avatar: Arthur from Arthur | Courtesy of: Curious.

Well... the reports do at least.

How would you like to be mod of Fourth Gen Games?

So many tears were shed that day. not really :')

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I was sent a PM by two higher staff because I got them while I didn't have internet. One was straight to the point while the other was a cute made up story. Though I had an awful incident during the day I got internet back, so naturally i wasn't all excited. Still excited, mind you, but not that much. I was more excited the next day but nothing crazy.

If I were to be asked again though...yeah, thanks, but no thanks. I don't have time for it anymore, and I don't really care about it. It's basically chore without a pay off. I will miss the feature where most here respect you just for having a bold blue name though, it was the best.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    In regards to the feeling of receiving modship, I probably wouldn't make an excessive scene about it. I'd silently celebrate to myself for a brief period of time and immediately start taking advantage of the small perks that being a moderator has to offer, such as the incredibly huge profile pictures and the removal of waiting times between VMs. I've always wanted to chain VM...

I have a lot of time to waste, considering the amount of extra-curricular activities I have is minimal and the homework I receive from school is easy and not time-consuming whatsoever, so I'd accept the position at a moment's notice. It'd be difficult having to multitask, though, because then I'd have to manage three separate entities: the PokeCommunity server, the Smogon University server as well as whatever forum section I got modded in. Gets difficult after a while.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    I was pretty darn excited! Worst thing about it was that it happened just before the first class of the day started, so I really react physically (y'know, jump for joy and such :D), I didn't have time to reply to the VM's that came piling in quickly afterwards, and I didn't have time to go celebrate it with my buds on IRC untill school was over, so yeah, I couldn't really focus that day :p

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I hated it I asked to be put back as a supporter immediately and they said no so I punched a hole in the Christmas present I was wrapping and flipped over a coffee table and then chased Sydian around the house with a knife threatening to cut a *****. I was very angry I was promoted.

Years
    I hated it I asked to be put back as a supporter immediately and they said no so I punched a hole in the Christmas present I was wrapping and flipped over a coffee table and then chased Sydian around the house with a knife threatening to cut a *****. I was very angry I was promoted.

I am only a Super Moderator, because Patchisou Yutohru says he will hurt my family if I quit. ;-;

But seriously, I was excited and shocked beyond belief.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Somehow I seriously doubt I'll be made a mod anytime soon.
    As for if I would accept and how I'd react, that would depend entirerly on which section I was being asked to moderate.

I do wonder what the staff says about me though, if anything.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Spoiler:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how adorably horrendous I was?

Haha!

If I was asked to be a Mod I'd be no way near that excited. I might have done about 2 years ago. But now I would decline any offer on the spot. I don't want to have an obligation to come on here...and I much prefer occasionally spotting stuff in the wrong sections and reporting it to actually having to deal with anything like that on here.

Back