• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error when entering new map, and forcing evolution

Years
    Hello everyone, I'm having some problems, whenever I try to enter a new map, this error appears, I've already googled and read tutorials on the internet but I could not solve this problem.
    I also wanted to know if there is a script command so that the hero can only pass if it has a specific Pokémon with him? And also how can I force the evolution of a specific Pokemon?

Exception: NotMethodError
    Interpreter:512:in`command_end"
    Interpreter:295:in`execute_command"
    Interpreter:193:in`update'
    Interpreter:106:in`loop'
    Interpreter:198:in`update'
    Scene_Map:103:in`update'
    Scene_Map:101:in`loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in`update'
    Scene_Map:68:in`main'
    Scene_Map:65:in`loop'

Last edited:
    Years
    Thank you, could you tell me if I have like force the evolution of a specific Pokemon?

You can't force an evolution, you can force the conditions that need to be met for the pokemon to evolve though. Or you can change it's species (won't do the evolution scene).

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I think that `unlock' problem can be solved if you remake the map and/or the events in it.

You can't force an evolution, you can force the conditions that need to be met for the pokemon to evolve though. Or you can change it's species (won't do the evolution scene).

You can force a Pokémon to evolve... Here's a script I had in my game a while ago.

https://youtu.be/R-93vX2YaG0

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Thank you but where is the script?
    When you do your videos can you please put in the script :D
    I would love to test out your scripts !

There's no need to test my scripts when I show you they work lol, a level 1 Venusaur isn't a bad Pokémon to start with lol... I was just showing people it's possible, scripting knowledge is a must, you could even just wake up one day and write that script... It shows dreams can come true lol.

This script isn't public from me... Because it's a feature to my game... If someone were to emulate and make one public, that's entirely up to that person.

Years
    There's no need to test my scripts when I show you they work lol, a level 1 Venusaur isn't a bad Pokémon to start with lol... I was just showing people it's possible, scripting knowledge is a must, you could even just wake up one day and write that script... It shows dreams can come true lol.

This script isn't public from me... Because it's a feature to my game... If someone were to emulate and make one public, that's entirely up to that person.
    Okay, so I guess there's no way I can force my Pokémon to evolve, it is lamentable :/

Years
    Here's a halfway done one
    Code:
    def pbForceEvo(pokemon)
      for form in pbGetEvolvedFormData(pokemon.species)
        newspecies=form[2]
      end
      return if !newspecies
      if newspecies>0
        evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new
        evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)
        evo.pbEvolution
        evo.pbEndScreen
      end
    end
    I didn't put in a procedure for selecting the pokemon, you'll have to do that. Or you can maually specify ($Trainer.party[0] or something)

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    And it's people like you in why I don't help everyone... I didn't say I was helping... I said it was possible and by me saying it's possible, Mej created a script... Where's your problem?

Years
    Code:
    pbChooseAblePokemon(87)
    x=pbGet(87)

Would this be added in there ?

Something like that. And Nickalooose helps the community a lot, you shouldn't expect her to give you her scripts all the time. That's quite rude. I have to admit it does get mildly annoying when people just want you to write the scripts for them, instead of trying it themselves and asking for help if they get stuck.

That took like two minutes to write, either one of you could have given it a shot instead of expecting the script to be given to you.

Years
    Here's a halfway done one
    Code:
    def pbForceEvo(pokemon)
      for form in pbGetEvolvedFormData(pokemon.species)
        newspecies=form[2]
      end
      return if !newspecies
      if newspecies>0
        evo=PokemonEvolutionScene.new
        evo.pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)
        evo.pbEvolution
        evo.pbEndScreen
      end
    end
    I didn't put in a procedure for selecting the pokemon, you'll have to do that. Or you can maually specify ($Trainer.party[0] or something)
    Thank you so much, you helped me a lot.

Back