• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eseka Legends: Winter's Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Yay for hugs! Yes, it's perfectly natural to want hugs, but it feels rather silly to go around begging for them, ya' know? xD Anyways, you've got Naruto manga, Plushie? Would you mind scanning a few good pics of Haku or Kabuto (The expression he has when correcting his glasses is just...so perfectly arrogant, but I can't find a really good pic of that anywhere. ;.; ) if you've got any? It would be much appreciated. If not, then don't sweat it. ^-^

Anyways, thanks for your comment too, Yibber. And yes, let's hope that that's the worst this year has to bring. ^^

That being said, I've got an English WT (Written Task) draft to work on and school starts tommorow (Just found out like...yesterday, now how come the vacations keep getting shorter and shorter? <.<) so yish...should hand it in on the first day of school. IC tomorrow, 'kay? Promise. ^^

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Okay, I've scanned what I could find. The two volumes of manga I have begin at the part where Naruto meets Jiraiya, and end at the conclusion of Temari vs. Shikamaru. So, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, these pics are gonna be loaded with spoilers. xD Basically, if you don't know why a Sand nin would be talking to a Sound nin, then.. don't click the links. xD Okay? You've been warned.

Kabuto and Baki.. plotting! =O
    Kabuto and Baki.. glaring! =O

Four pics in all, but I could only upload these two in time to show ya. I'll try to get the other two up as soon as possible, provided that school doesn't get in the way. Amazingly, one of them actually has Haku in it, due to a Popularity poll.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Omigosh scans! Thanks Plushie! ^___^ No worries, I've been catching up on the series lately (Well, sort of...I still haven't gotten past episode 54) so never fear with the spoilers. Incidentally, the manga and the series are very true to each other, at least in this scanned section. Anyways, yay for the popularity poll bringing Haku in. Hopefully he was winning said poll. ^^

Yes, I do like Haku...how'd ya' guess? xD

IC:

As they reached the group, Serenade took a brief pause, pondering the best course of action. One one hand, he wanted to introduce his new charge to Mira and hopefully trigger some of her rather dormant maternal instincts, but on the other...more or less everybody was looking at the girl right now, and he didn't want to expose the boy to such a large amount of attention, not yet.

'Please wait for a moment.'
    he said, sending another wave of soothing emotions to quell the rising insecurities within the child.

'Mira.' he called out psychically, more to prevent eavesdropping than anything else, 'Don't try to find me with your eyes, just...please bring this procession along, I would like to introduce you a bit more...discreetly.'

'You're starting to sound like some lame secret agent movie.'
    Mira remarked, 'What is it that's so special about that guy, anyway?'

'You'll see soon.'
    the Kirlia assured her, 'You'll see soon. For now, just please-'

'Trust you?'
    Mira interupted, 'That's what you were going to say, isn't it? Or maybe do as you're told?' she smiled slightly, turning her gaze away from the group so as to not reveal the reason, 'This isn't the first time I'm getting dragged into your weird schemes.'

'That would be my line.' Serenade retorted, unable to resist smiling a bit as well, 'Or need I remind you about that antique shop?'

'No.' the girl replied in a make-one-mistake-and-you-never-hear-the-end-of-it kind of tone, 'No, you really don't, and you certainly don't need to remind dad about it either.'

"Allright everyone." the girl continued using her actual voice, "There's no use standing here, so let's get moving." with that, she began walking again, taking on a slightly slower pace so that she walked pretty much in step with the frontliners of the group.

'Please, follow me.' Serenade sent out, adressing Tori again, 'I'll introduce you to someone who might be able to help.'

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
    occ: Sorry to arrive so late! A happy new year to everyone! ^^

Well Alter, i am sorry what happened to your dog. I know how you feel. I lost my cat on 23. December 2006. So some weeks ago... ;_; But i think we will have a nice year 2007. And to have a good start i want to make a great post. But now it´s not the time to post. I hope that this Tori - Character meets the group, so i can do a very nice post. Please hurry! I´ll wait until it happens! ^^

Oh, i forgott. Excuse me if i didn´t understand some of your posts correctly. I will take more time in the future to read them clearly.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Behold, Haku in Volume 12! Right there.. on the right..

And.. some random bios that include Kabuto.

For some reason they seem kinda small.. you may have to make them your background or something to view them properly. xD

And.. that's it for all the good Kabuto/Haku scans. Everything else is a treasure trove of Naruto, Shikamaru, Temari, Gaara, and the Hyuuga family. xD But yes, the anime did stay true to the manga as far as I can tell. There are too many fillers to count, but the anime never really differs too much from anything.

So.. yeah. I never realized just how much school destroyed my free time until I came back from that two-week break. o.o Anyway, can-do, Nigma! *salute* Well, partly.

IC:

Tori found himself waiting silently as he kept pace with the others, feeling Hoshi and Kita's tiny movements on his shoulders as he walked. He did not know what he was waiting for, or why--but the Kirlia had said he should do it. Tori knew it was okay to listen to the Kirlia. He knew this, because it was apparent that the Psychic-type knew what he was doing. He was calm, and continually reassuring.

So when the Kirlia told him to wait, the blonde-haired boy remained silent, keeping himself at the back of the group (because, of course, no one really looks at the person in back of them every two seconds), hoping that he had chosen a good leader. He certainly seemed like it, Tori supposed.

As the wind continued nipping at his face, Tori realized that the Kirlia had probably told him to wait for further instructions--and to be honest, there was no reason for said instructions to come anytime soon. And so Tori lifted his gaze off of the ground, using his 'waiting time' to look around the tour group. Aside from Rina, the black-haired girl and the Ponyta Trainer that had caught his attention earlier, there were four more people that he hadn't really taken a good look at yet; two boys and two girls. So many people. Tori could almost hear a faint alarm from far away, from somewhere in his head, as if every fiber of his being knew that he was in uncharted waters. But the Kirlia was near; the gentle, understanding Kirlia. With him as a leader, Tori could make it through.. right?

'Please, follow me. I'll introduce you to someone who might be able to help.'

Tori took his eyes off of the unique Persian near him at the sound of the Kirlia's voice. The boy slowly turned toward Kita, first, before doing anything. If anyone, Kita would have the best chance of seeing a.. depressing outcome. But it seemed that the Natu had picked up on his silence, staring at everything around her with curiousity, including the wide variety of unfamiliar Pokemon in the area. She seemed to be itching to say something, but couldn't bring herself to be the first one to break the silence. Yearning, anxious.

Tori's gaze wandered over to the Kirlia again, and the boy took a final gulp before trudging forward, further into the group of people, sticking right behind the Psychic-type as if afraid to become seperated.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Urgh...blast all these 8 AM wake ups and 4 PM school ends...=_= Did you know that I end at 4PM every day this period? It's friggen' insane! I barely have time to be on the comp anymore unless I sneak into the computer class during recess. >_< And to top it off I've actually got schoolwork this Saturday too, apparently 'compensating' for a free day. But guess what? Us IBs would have that day free anyway whereas a bunch of those bloody national stream people who do get a free day out of this aren't required to attned. That's apparently our principal's idea of fair. <.< And no, I don't like the principal of my school, can you tell?

Anyway, thanks for the remaining two scans, Plushie, they certainly made this day more bareable. ^-^

That being said, it's onward to the IC for me...sorry if this is kind of muddled/substandard, fatigue and a light headache aren't exactly the ideal conditions for writing.

IC:

As the procession moved onward, Mira made a point of lagging herself behind bit by bit, slowly edging her way to the left-hand side of the group as opposed to the center she had been at before. Serenade, meanwhile, was equally busy trying to navigate an inconspicious route for himself and Tori, carefully leading the boy past a small assortment of people's backs and hoping that no-one would bother turning around. Fortunately, things were moving along with realtive ease thus far, but as long as certain people - he resisted casting a suspicious glare at Hakira at the thought - were around he couldn't afford to let his guard down.

{Mira...} the psychic type said softly, walking up to the girl, Tori in tow, {We're here.}

The girl couldn't help feeling relieved by the simple fact that her pokémon was speaking with his mouth rather than his mind. Silly though it was, she still found herself slightly creeped out by her partner's mind, there was just something so...vast about it, like it was some huge, dark, unexplored cavern probably filled with more creepy, crawling, poisonous things and pitfalls than any potential treasure could ever compensate for.

"Uhh..." Mira blinked as she saw the person Serenade had shown such uncharacteristic caring for. He certainly was...different from what she had expected him to be, Mira had to give him that, by the way that the Kirlia had been going on she had half-expected some insane asylum escapee who freaked and went on murder spree at the slightest provocation, but all she saw was a largely normal, if somewhat apathetic-looking, boy with two little Natus on his shoulders. Still, there was something vaguely odd about the boy's behaviour. On closer inspection he seemed to tremble ever so slightly, although it could just have been the movement as she still had to keep walking so as to not hold the tour up.

Mira spent a few moments in awkward silence, obviously Serenade had brought the boy to meet her for a reason - goodness knew that Kirlia always had his reasons - but what was she supposed to do? Talk all nice and comforting to him? That struck her as too patronizing. Sure, the kid was younger than her...but he still looked smarter than some kindergarten brat. Talk to him normally, then? Odds were she'd scare the living daylights out of him with all the attention.

"A little help here?" she hissed quietly, casting a pleading look at Serenade.

{Just introduce yourself, get to know him. Act natural.}

'Act natural?'
    Mira felt like scoffing, how was anyone supposed to act natural under these circumstances? Well, she reasoned, things certainly weren't going to get less awkward with the continued silence.

"Hi." the girl said at last, feeling like she had come off as a complete idiot already, "I'm Mira...Serenade's trainer? He...kind of asked me to talk to you." she laughed nervously, trying not to get caught up on the oddly slack expression on the boy's face and ignore how odd that sounded, "Sorry, this is just too awkward, isn't it?" she added apologetically, a blush rising up her cheeks, "It's nice to meet you, though, I guess. What's your name?"

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
    Suddenly his arm device begun to ring. Having a bad feeling, the Raichu jumped down from Amarezoth´s back. Amarezoth lifted slowly his arm to answer the call from his black cold steel device. Because he turned around he noticed the Kirlia that came to the touring group with some other people. {That´s the psychic type i´ve told you about. If it´s Maira calling you, make sure…} "I know!" Amarezoth interrupted harsh. Why had Maira to call him now? If the Kirlia or it´s trainer finds something out about him, he would have more than one problem. He opened the device and begun the call. "Amarezoth on the phone. Who is there?" he asked back wards knowing that a suspicious voice would answer, and so it happened. "Who else do you expect than me?" Maira asked.

"What do you want?" Amarezoth asked. He made sure that the sound setting of his device let only himself hear her odd voice. Hopefully that no Pokémon in the tour group or a trainer had a good hearing he continued the call. Of course he was carefully enough to try a blocking thought so no psychic could listen as well, but he knew that his psychic wall was nearly nothing for a psychic. He had trained himself, but he wasn´t actually good in thought defense. "Team Rocket wants you back my dear. Even if you hide in a far away place, we´ll find you one day. Do your Pokémon know what you are, Amarezoth?" "Perhaps I should just cut the call…" "No wait! What if you injure another Pokémon?" That was too much for Amarezoth. He remembered the pain, the fury and the infinite hatred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    A fresh wind blew around him and his wet hair got into his face. The smell of a wood came into his nose, and he heared the rustle of the leafs. He opened his eyes, a bad feeling in his stomach. There was a sneasel in front of him, also in combat position. He turned his head and saw that his two Pokémon, Sphinx and Thunder lay on the ground, and didn´t move. They had some bad injures, so they had have a combat. And the sneasel was the target. He fixed the Pokémon with his eyes. It was the perfect training to get into the woods and fight different Pokémon, but now he had gone too far. To beat a sneasel which defenses his family wasn´t the best choice he had taken. He knew it, but now it was to late to retreat. The eyes of the Pokémon looked at him, carefully and awe. It couldn´t escape, so it looked at every single breath or movement on Amarezoth´s body. This small shy Pokémon. Why was it so strong. Then there was a noise behind Amarezoth.

Possibly another Pokémon, but the sneasel got scared and wild and attacked. Before realizing what happened, he lay on the ground, defensing himself with his arms. The Pokémon had a rampage and scratched with his claws a never ending fury onto his arms. Suddenly Amarezoth could hear his heartbeat, and slowly a great dangerous strength grew in Amarezoth. Anger and hatred came up into him, also he was scared of this shy and strong Pokémon. He did a counter attack with his fist and a few moments later he was the one which attacked. The demon of anger lend him a hand and he attacked until the target unless the sneasel didn´t move anymore. Then he stopped. His own blood was flowing down his arm and he realized what happened. "What… what have… I done…?" Was he… a berserk?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

"Amarezoth? Are you there?" the device asked. {Hey? Sphinx, what´s going on?} the Raichu asked. {I just don´t know…} how could the Persian. They saw just Amarezoth´s back. But it was obvious that something wasn´t right. His hand was shaking, and he didn´t say anything, but his breath was fast. Slowly they went in front of him, step by step, Sphinx from the right, and Thunder from the left. They tried to see his face but they couldn´t from their position, so they continued walking until they met in front of him. They were shocked as they saw his face. His usual cold looking face had a very abnormal expression and his purple eyes had narrowed, also sweat dropped down his face. Growling showing his teeth and an indescribable vista of hatred were on his face. The two Pokémon felt fear and stepped back warts, not wanting to look away. No. They didn´t want… they couldn´t…

"Do you want that it happens again?" This sentence forced his will back. And his Pokémon were for the first time thankfully to hear Maira´s voice. Amarezoth started to talk. His voice was cold and direct. "If you want me to come back, you have to do it by force. I don´t believe you and your medicine." "But we could help you. Just come back to the Team. Be a squad leader. Let me help you…" "No!" he ended the call and took a long breath. {Amarezoth?} the mouse Pokémon asked silence. {Are… are you alright?} the Persian slowly added. "… I… I think so…"

But even if he said that, he had a bad feeling. He turned and looked at the newcomers. He didn´t know if they had noticed him, but there was a source which forced Amarezoth to feel hatred and fear together. This boy. This boy with short blond hair and two bird Pokémon on his shoulders. He looked kind of depressed. Amarezoth got a fast look at his eyes. "I don´t like him…" he said with a dark voice. {Why?} the Raichu asked. {I think he looks normal at all.} the Persian said. {Yeah Amarezoth. What´s with him?} Thunder did want to know. "I don´t know. Just watch him…" so he gave this newcomer a fearfully cold vista and Amarezoth´s purple eyes fixed his. He couldn´t tell if the boy was looking at him or at the ground, but this didn´t matter. This look… just like… the sneasel… he thought, so he watched him with a touch of hatred, … and fear…

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Schoolwork on Saturday?

..eww. That's just wrong, man. Aren't principals supposed to make choices that benefit the students? xD Don't worry about your writing, though, 'cause everybody knows what it's like to have something lame take place at school (therefore, bumming you out). So, basically, I feel for ya, buddy. xD

But, anyway.. I was also wondering.. has anybody here ever seen a shooting star? Yes, I know it's a random question, but I'd actually like to know. o.o

IC:

Tori could feel the eyes of others on him, but he did not know how to respond. He felt the staring as if it were a beam of light, passing through him; seeing everything he was not ready to share. Unconsciously, Tori shivered, then took his time reaching up with one hand to stroke Kita's feathers absentmindedly, if only to sense their familiarity. He wanted to follow the Kirlia to the person who would help him understand, but he desperately wished that he did not have to meet him or her under such.. different.. circumstances.

It was moments like these--unfamiliar, unpredictable moments--that made Tori remember only the special times in Mossdeep City. Feeling gentle, carefree wind while he watched the timeless sea in all its unearthly majesty; even though the sea was always majestic. But instead of sand beneath his feet, there was only snow. Beautiful snow, but he still needed to learn the feel of snow. The look of snow as it fell. Snow..

"Uhh..."

Tori blinked, noticing that there was now a girl in front of him. The black-haired girl from earlier, who looked as if she had been robbed of something. Something precious. She was silent, and Tori looked down at the Kirlia for a moment, seeing that the Psychic-type was no longer leading him elsewhere. This girl was the one he was supposed to learn from. As he watched the Kirlia exchange some brief words with her, he continued walking after them, feeling Kita becoming restless, constantly shifting her position.

"Hi. I'm Mira...Serenade's trainer? He...kind of asked me to talk to you."

Tori could only blink once more, squinting slightly in an attempt to get a better look at the girl's eyes. He did not know what to say.. if there was anything worth saying. Perhaps her eyes would hold the answer he sought. Quickly, though, he turned his gaze away, not wanting his stare to be like the unsettling beam of light that he was feeling all around him. Then, a sudden thought struck him. The Kirlia's name is Serenade..

{Tori..} The boy glanced to his left at the sound of Hoshi's voice, who seemed as irritated as usual. {Go on. That girl, Mira, just asked for your name. C'mon, I wanna see how this turns out..}

Tori twitched a bit, unable to see Hoshi's intentions. He gave a hesitant glance toward Mira, trying to decide if asking questions would be acceptable. No.. I must hear more than I speak.

"M-My name is.. Tori." he said, quite simply, dragging the words out slowly, as if he wanted to get every part right. The questions poked at him, poking.. poking.. until at last he decided it was okay to let one out. "I want to learn.. m-more.. and.. why is the wind so harsh, here? So full of power?" His mouth seemed to slam shut after he was finished, and Tori began glancing around the alley uncertainly, hoping he had not broken some unspoken rule.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: A shooting star? *Blinks* Well, I've seen a lot of funky things in my life, but I don't think I've seen a shooting star, no, or if I have then I can't remember. xD What brought this question on? ^-^

IC:

As the boy finally spoke up and introduced himself as Tori, Mira couldn't help feeling sorry for him. The way he spoke, the stiff, almost involuntary way in which his jaw moved...it was as if the words were all clinging to his throat for dear life and he had to forcefully shove each and every one of them out in the world as he declared that he wanted to learn more... about talking to people, the girl vagered, although considering what an odd bird this boy was he could be talking about just about anything...the world, the universe, the meaning of life...

"...and..." came a hesitant addition, "...why is the wind so harsh, here? So full of power?""

"Ehh..." Mira could probably have given him a lecture about climate, but somehow the girl couldn't help recalling one of the many tales of Alvene, the very one she had recieved herself in response to a similar question, "Well..." she began, "Nobody really knows for sure, but...there's this story..." lacking interjections she pressed onward, "...that thousands of years ago, before this town was built, there was this huge giant of ice who got trapped and sealed right beneath the ground here." she demonstratively stamped the ground a bit, "Now this giant was supposedly immortal, so some even say that it's still down there and that he spends all of spring, summer and autumn just gathering strength so he can break free when the seal is weakest and-"

{Mira!} Serenade interrupted sternly, {Don't go worrying the poor boy with that ridiculous tale. The ice giant is just a preposterous rumour they came up with to treathen unruly children with it.}

The girl folded her arms defensively, "Fine then, mister smarty-horns." she retorted, "Why don't you go and explain it to him then, seeing as how you're obviously sitting there with all the answers?"

{It's just common wind combined with the cold climate here, child.}
    the Kirlia explained, not dignifying the previous statement with a comment, {Eseka has always been windy, and since most of the country is flatland and there are so few trees the wind gets to move more freely and feels far harsher as a result. Normally, the mountains keep these gales out, but this year...} he shrugged, {It's just unfortunate weather conditions. Nothing to worry about.}

"It just takes a while to get used to." Mira interjected, offering what she hoped was an encouraging smile, "But don't worry, they'll light the bonfire as soon as the sun starts to set, it will feel a lot more bearable after that. Hey, if you're feeling cold then maybe we ought to move a bit faster, that's usually the best way to keep the chill out and-what?" she turned her attention back to Serenade at the slight psychic 'nudge' he gave her, somewhat irritably this time around.

{Look...} the Kirlia said softly, nodding towards the Egyptian-looking guy. Turning around, Mira spotted what Serenade was on about soon enough.

"Uhh...Amarezoth?" she ventured, "You quite allright?" the boy was standing there and looking at them with the most unsettling expression she had seen the day, and his outlandish features didn't exactly help the image.

{That boy...} Serenade said quietly, {I'm not sure of the full width of this because I wasn't focused on him at the moment, but the emotions around him are...disturbing. I'd suggest keeping an eye on him...} his eyes narrowed slightly, {...and preferably keeping him away from Tori as well.}

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

What brought on the question? Good sir, questions like those need not have a reason to be! ^o^

..but if you really want to know, as I was typing I had a sudden memory of a birthday party of an old friend. At the party I was looking at the stars because they were so pretty that night, and while I was looking up at the sky.. I happened to see not one, but TWO consecutive shooting stars!

*no exaggeration*

..of course, I was so startled by the event that I forgot to make a wish. ;.; It was amazing, though, so I can't complain.

IC:

For the first time since the day before, Tori felt a tinge of curiousity, finally welling up within him to replace his worry and homesickness, at least for the moment. Truth be told, he had wanted a different answer to his question than what Mira had given, but once the girl had replied with a legend of her homeland's past, Tori couldn't help but smile. It wasn't the story itself that caught his attention--merely the fact that legends in this place were passed down orally. So much like home. Finally, there was something in Eseka that was like Mossdeep, other than something trivial, like the Pokemon Center.

Even as Mira's tale was brought to an end by the Kirlia--or Serenade, rather--Tori could still feel the smile tugging at his lips. Even while he listened as Serenade gave his answer, Tori did not feel so bad about his surroundings as he had been for the entire morning. The Psychic-type insisted that the power in the wind was a result from cold climate, and while Tori had no reason to argue, he was willing to admit that it wasn't quite the answer he had been looking for, either.

{Hmm. What a shame.} Hoshi said to himself, continuing even though it was obvious that Tori was not listening to him. {Even I could have seen Tori crumbling under the pressure..} Hoshi trailed off with a sigh, gesturing in a way that somewhat resembled a shrug.

Tori nodded slightly, as if to acknowledge the fact that Hoshi had spoken, and then tried to think of the words to say to Mira and Serenade that would accurately capture his curiousity. At the same time, though, he wanted to convey it in a way that wouldn't seem unusual to them. The right words never came to him, though, and all Tori ended up with was a less-than-perfect reply to Mira's other statement.

"No.. I want to stay in the wind.. It isn't familiar yet?" His last phrase ended up sounding more like a question than a statement. Tori's smile faded, quickly replaced with a look of frustration. Nothing I say ever sounds right. Tori cringed slightly at the thought. "Um.. sorry if I sound strange.."

By the time Tori looked up at Mira for a reaction, he found that both she and Serenade were focused on something else. He turned his head to see what they were looking at--Amazeroth--and immediately Tori sensed something missing from the boy's eyes. Where is the light? The Egyptian boy's gaze was so intense, Tori was forced to look away after only a few moments, his eyelids feeling heavy and droopy again. The blonde-haired boy shuddered, his curiousity over Eseka's oral history all but stamped out.

{My dear, he looks quite angry if I do say so myself.} Kita exclaimed, finally using her energy for speaking. The Natu narrowed her own eyes to study the hatred in Amazeroth's--for some reason, it made her feel as if she were about to have a vision. Probably about something bad. But visions were always exciting, oh yes.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, two shooting stars and you forgot to wish on both of them? Whoa, Plushie, it's actually hard to say whether you were incredibly lucky to witness that or incredibly unlucky not to take advantage of it. xD I'll go with lucky, though, because that sounds really cool. Cool enough not to require a particular reason to be brought up, in fact. ^^

I'd have had a post for AD up today too, but the stupid browser went berserk on me and forced me to reboot, so at least you're luckier than me. :O

IC:

Mira couldn't help getting one of those warm, fuzzy feelings inside her when a faint smile relieved the usual apathic expression on Tori's face. Despite Serenade's scolding, something about her story had obviously pleased the boy, although oddly enough he seemed equally pleased to hear the Kirlia's take on the subject. This kid definitely was odd, she couldn't get around that, but at the same time he was appealing somehow. It was probably maternal instincts, the girl wagered, after all...Tori looked so frail and helpless, kind of like a lost puppy, and it took quite a hardened heart not to be at least a little touched by that.

Much to Mira's dismay, Tori's smile faded to frustration as he tried to phrase up his next sentence, adding in a dismayed "Um...sorry if I sound strange..."

"Oh, that's allright." the girl hastily assured him, "It will come to you after a while. It's kind of like getting used to the cold, you know? It just takes some time." she paused, casting another glance at Amarezoth. Granted, Serenade was an overly fussy old thing and tended to worry for almost completely nonsensical reasons, but in this instance he actually seemed to have a point. The way the boy was glaring at Tori, it seemed almost...vicious. The girl instinctively placed a hand on Tori's shoulder. That smile of his, it seemed to her, was something rare and precious, and she had never taken kindly to people who tried to robb her of such things.

Confident that Mira was taking a duty seriously for a change, Serenade - meanwhile - focused his attention on Kita. The look on the bird's face was quite similar to the one Hoshi's a while back, and if there was something peculiar going on he would catch it this time.

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

..yeah, I couldn't believe that I had forgotten, either. Everyone else at the party kept telling me I was lame. xDD Imagine this, though: one star in the sky suddenly gets really bright, much brighter than usual. Then, in the very next moment, the excess light seems to leap from that one star to a totally different star in a long, curved line! And then it happens again! The whole thing only happened in, say, a second or two, but it was so strange that I couldn't be bothered to think of a wish. xDDD

Anyway, I do believe I'll wait for a few more posts. The place is going to get overrun with a two-person posting spree if I don't. xD I'll leave everyone with another question, for now; has anyone ever seen a planet through their own telescope?

..and no, I haven't. I saw Saturn once, but it wasn't my telescope. xD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Yes, good point there. Where did everyone go, anyway? Nigma, Raposa Dalua, I've seen you both lurking around here so would you mind posting? Charon did warn me that her attendance was going to be infrequent, and Kogenta always kind of comes and goes so I know they'll be back eventually, but for the rest of you...well, if we don't get more posts I'm going to have to do some serious poking. x3

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
    occ:
    @everyone: Sorry, this weekend i was on snowboarding so i couldn´t write.
    @Charon: Why are you leaving? Did something happen? I mean, why are you leaving pc?

Well, i guess i write another post, eh? :-(

IC:

He noticed that they were looking at him. The girl with it´s Kirlia asked him: "You quite alright?"Don´t think about what had happened... he forced himself. His gaze got a nicer expression and he tried to smile. "Uh, I think so..." he said with a clear voice. Then the new guy turned around with his bird Pokémon on his shoulders. Suddenly some flashbacks came through his mind and he couldn´t stop thinking of them. This boy is like... is like... this... ~He was running, running through the woods with something in his arms.~ No! Don´t think about... ~He smelled the blood and his legs felt heavy...~ I have... to block... there a psychic... ~He was looking down to the thing which was in his arms, and looked in the scared looking face~ Does someone... see... what i can... ~The sneasel was scared and was crying.~ He had to lift his hand to hold his left face part. It hurt so bad. Thunder climbed up his trainer, up to his back and held him, giving him a warm "Rai!" and even Sphinx lay down by his feed and purred.

The pain in his head left slowly until it was gone. The visions were over and he felled save by his Pokémon. His friends were on his side. He started to grin and stroke the heads of both Pokémon with his hands. Then Amarezoth turned to the girl again. "Everything is alright. Sorry if i did worry..." His emotions had settled down and he enjoyed the fresh breeze which blew in his face. "I´ll wait here for you to continue the touring group, OK?" He wanted to turn to his Pokémon, but he stopped for some moments and looked again to the newcomer. He was scared about this one. He forced himself to look away. I don´t like him. he thought again. He is scary. What if he is like the.... no don´t think about it... Thunder bite him in his ear. {You arre fweeeling bwetter?} he asked. "Don´t do that!" Amarezoth had to laugh. "My ear!" Sphinx meanwhile was watching the Kirlia with "nothing missing eyes". As he heared his trainer laughed he nodded and smiled. He turned to get to his trainer but in his thoughts he tried to talk to the Kirlia.

I think you are a very clever one. So you noticed that my trainer is some kind of... difficult and he has strong emotions. i beg you, even if you ignored our excuse earlier, please accept our apology now. Don´t interfere with our trainer, cause we´ll take care of him. Just be sure that this guy on your side don´t get to near to Amarezoth.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, if you want details on Charon's departure, Nigma, the go check out her post in Ancient Dynasty, she was pretty thorough with it there. I can't say I'm happy about losing touch with a friend like this, but it's her decision and I wish her the best. Farewell Charon, you shall be missed. ;_;

Now I might not have been the first poster at this page, but I don't care and as I'm the RP master I'm going to draw on my authority here. This page is now dedicated to Charon and all the good times we had with her. ^^

And yes Nigma, your post is much appreciated. ^^

IC:

Serenade considered Sphinx's words - or thoughts, rather - for a long while, his eyes narrowed, {Very well.} he replied at last, eyes still narrowed, {But I am still keeping an eye on him, and should the need arise I will not hesitate to do what needs to be done.}

"Well..." Mira replied slowly to Amarezoth's excuse and continued explanations that he was fine, "...if you say so. Just make sure to tell me if you start feeling dizzy or something, wouldn't want you to get sick right before the festivities start, you know?" she untensed slightly as the boy's behaviour seemed to be returning to normal again, trying her best go offer a smile. Whatever had been troubling him seemed to be, at the very least, surpressed for the moment, and she prefered it that way.

"Oh, right...the tour..." she mumbled, feeling rather ashamed to have stopped again - especially without even noticing that she had done so - some guide she was...at this rate they'd never get anywhere. "Well, everybody." the girl added, trying once again to fall back into the role of the tour guide as she began walking again, her hand still absent-mindedly resting on Tori's shoulder, "Sorry for all these delays. We're just one alley away from-no, here we are, actually."

The girl slowed her pace slightly as they emerged from the network of alleyways into the main streets again, right by a circular junction of streets with a fairly large, snow-covered slab of pitch-black stone at the center surrounded by an ornate metal fence, the larger streets stretching out in a total of four directions and another four smaller alleys opening paths in practically every direction.

"Allright." Mira began, "Here we are. This is the founders' stone." she gestured towards the slab of rock, "You can't see them now and they're hardly legible anyway, but the names of the first settlers of Alvene are all engraved there, and right beneath there is where they were all buried. Now the old Esekans were a quite superstitious bunch, and they believed that the founders would continue to watch over this town even after they passed away. That's why they decided to make it easier for them..." she gestured towards the multitude of streets, taking a deep breath.

"Before the square was built, this was actually the centre of the town, and this is also a good place to start regardless of where you want go. To the north is the main entrance of the town, north-east is where you'll find the food markets, east leads to the school and the trainer academey, south-east - where we came from - is Haggler's alley, south is the town square and later the town hall, south-west eventually leads to the main graveyard, west leads to the old shrine of the dawnbringer - although they don't really have any rituals or anything over there nowadays - and to the north-west we have the hospital and the weather research lab. In other words, this is the perfect place to start the tour since it basically has access to all important places in town, you'll also want to come here if you ever get lost, because it's easy to find your way from here. Soo..." she paused, allowing her glance to travel across the group, "Any preferences on where we should go?"

Last edited:

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

As the first poster on the page.. I must say I agree with Titan's decision. *goes back to edit first post*

Anyway, I have to say it now, Charon.. thank you, for sticking with us for as long as you did. And thanks for being an awesome friend. ^^ We won't forget you, Charon--we'll always wish you the best! Good luck with college, and the rest of your life. Truly. ^^

I'll miss you, Charon. Goodbye. ;.;

*hug*

IC:

Tori listened to the short exchange between Mira and Amazeroth with worried eyes, although not once through their conversation did he look at either of them. He knew the only way to learn of what was tormenting Amazeroth was to watch him, but truly, Tori did not wish to look into the other boy's eyes again. His eyes were troubled, and filled with too much depth to read. I wish I knew how to restore his light. Tori flinched as an unfamiliar little boy with light hair rushed by, pushing his way through the tour group toward an unknown location.

It was only then, as Tori closed his eyes and shivered, did he notice that something other than Hoshi was on his left shoulder. He flinched a second time, opening his eyes to find that it was Mira who had put a hand on him. For a second, he had no idea how to react to the gesture--it was so unfamiliar.. but Hoshi hadn't even moved an inch. Tori shuddered, deciding not to interfere with anything. The boy kept walking, turning his gaze skyward to avoid the eyes of others, keeping on track only because of Mira's hand. It was still so early, he noticed--not a cloud in the sky. Regardless, the wind blew on.

Tori only returned his gaze to the ground when he noticed that the tour had stopped, to focus on a black stone that Mira called the Founder's Stone. Immediately, the boy's attention was caught, and he wasted no time in taking a few steps toward the stone to get a closer look at it--although he stopped when he was still an arm's length away from the fence surrounding the stone, partly so that he did not venture too far away from Serenade, and also because he did not know how to properly pay respects. Even the snow covering the stone seemed.. sacred.

And so Tori did not turn away from the stone slab, feeling the presence in the wind again as he kept his eyes locked on the shrine. For once, Kita wasn't fidgeting in the need to comment, keeping almost as still as her brother. All three of them, it seemed, were enveloped in the sight of the Founder's Stone, even though it was apparent that they were listening to Mira's description of the different places of Alvene. At her request for direction preferences, Tori snapped out of his daze, doing an about-face before walking back to Mira and Serenade, his eyes widened with a newfound curiousity that had managed to work its way into his expression.

"..Dawnbringer?" Tori repeated, a bit of worry apparent in his eyes. Strangely, the hint of blue among the dominant green of his eyes was now a bit more noticable than usual. "No one.. visits?" he continued, not realizing that he had forgotten to complete his sentence, "H-How do you.. pay respects to the Dawnbringer? Or the Founder's Stone?" At the end of his stuttering, Tori turned back toward the pitch black stone, tilting his head a bit.

{This place is so magical, wouldn't you say..?} Kita suddenly spoke up, more to Hoshi than anyone else. She found herself gazing at the Founder's Stone when Tori turned to face it, no longer interested in Amazeroth's eyes. In response, her brother rolled his eyes, the little one making a 'pfft' noise before answering her.

{So much for not speaking to me again..}

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    OOc-

Charon, I sincerely mean it when I say I'll miss you very much. You're really a great friend to have, and I don't think I'll ever forget you, y'know? None of the Feebas in the world could really do anything to make me forget you. XD Good luck with college and life. You're gonna rock at it. =D

As for me, gahaha, dang, school's been a bit hectic since I've been somewhat involved in welcoming the new juniors(That's what we call freshman round' here. They are however, not 15. But 13 instead.) into the school. And new classes to take. However, I have magical powers that help me keep track of everyone's posts. XD

Where I live, too many clouds. The most I've seen is eight stars in the sky in the night(and that was at like, 1 in the morning). Plushie's lucky to have seen two shooting stars. However, I have seen Venus ( Two? Three years ago?) without the help of binoculars, if I recall properly. A pink/purple dot in the sky? .. Or did it look like a star? Such a vague memory. XD

IC-

Rina wandered behind the tour group, slowly lifting her eyes off the pavement to look on as the tour guide made conversation with Tori. Mira was her name, and Serenade, it seemed, was the Kirlia's. The girl didn't make much of this, merely deciding to listen on, her awfully lax nature making her blend in with the surroundings, she thought. Not many had noticed her trailing behind Tori. She wondered if it was common to see large Parasect scuttling around in Alvene.

At the thought, Rina patted her bug Pokemon's shell, ignoring his short flinch to listen on as Mira began talking of a ice giant being the cause of the harsh winds in Alvene. She pulled at the side of her cap as she noticed that the Egyptian-looking guy took to fixing his purple eyes on Tori. The one accompanied by the Raichu and Persian. The girl heard his name being mentioned by Mira, Amazeroth. Rina kept these new names in mind, finding them rather unique as the tour group came to a halt. The trainer realised that they were back on the main streets again, noting the black slab Mira said was the Founder's stone. She listened absentmindedly about the founders of the town, and the many places they could make their way to from here. She kept her distance from the stone as Tori approached it for a better look. The girl felt that there wasn't really much of a reason to tell the tour guide where they wanted to head, since anywhere interesting would be just dandy for her.

Perhaps she would wait for a moment more, just till' Mira could answer Tori's question about the Dawnbringer and the Founder's stone.

Nigma

~Witch~
    Years
    Sphinx listened to the Kirlia. Do what is need to be done? Sphinx turned around and looked sharp at the Kirlia. His eyes fixed his and he got a very serious expression. If you want to do something if it happens.... then you are a very brave one... But if you can´t handle it, and i think that will happen... run-like-hell. He held eye contact with the Kirlia for some moments to let his words take weight.

The Tour continued walking and Thunder climbed up to Amarezoth´s shoulders and started to play with his hair. "What are you doing?" {I want to have a better look at everything. You are the best running viewing spot.} Amarezoth didn´t mention if somebody looked weird at him, cause he spoke to his Pokémon. He was used to it and so he didn´t think about it. He could understand the most things they told him, so he didn´t mind if anybody looked.

"That´s a very interesting town." {Yeah, and it´s so beautiful. I never thought that snow can be that nice...} "Sure thing." Sphinx walked next to Amarezoth. After he had spoken to the Kirlia another thing had awakened his interest. The huge Parasect which wandered with it´s trainer who walked behind the group. He had never seen such a Pokémon so he thought about what it was able to do. {Amarezoth. I wanna check something out. I´ll be back soon.} "Yup, but don´t get to far away..." So the huge black Persian turned to get to the Parasect. That is very interesting. Haven´t I heard that such insect Pokémon are very shy? The trainer must be very smart or skilled to catch such a Pokémon. He didn´t know if it was usual that such a Pokémon could travel in such a town without awakening attention. Of course, he was an unusual Pokémon too. He had to smile while thinking about this fact. A big black Persian with Egypt ornaments in the face is wandering in a snow-white town.

Meanwhile the tour group had reached the "founders stone". Mira the group leader explained much to them and listed few options where the group could go. The blond haired guy with his two bird Pokémon seemed to have much interest in the stone so Amarezoth didn´t want to get too near. He also went to the stone, but not to near to this guy. {Amarezoth...} "What ya want?" {Are you afraid of this guy?} "No i am not." {Come on, that´s not true. What if he is a nice guy?} "Think about what we have seen. I mean, in the woods..." {... sure...} The Raichu looked at the two bird Pokémon on the shoulders of their trainer and send them a smile. Amarezoth also did want to ask some questions, but the blond guy was faster with asking so he had to wait until Mira answered his questions.

{Amarezoth? Why is it called "Dawn bringer"?} "Hmmm... i really don´t know. I think i´ve missed something." {Sure you did, but i think it wouldn´t hurt if we ask again. And perhaps you could ask where the Pokémon center is.} "Huh?" {To fix the healing machine...} "Yeah, i forgot. Let´s wait until i can ask my questions..."

Raposa Dalua

I disowned my sanity! ^_^
    Years
    ((OoC: Ah yes, my recent, er... absence. I'm really sorry about that, though I can't say my reason for being gone is as understandable as Nigma's. I just got a new game recently, one that I quickly became addicted to, so much that I really didn't touch the computer unless it was to look at an FAQ or read posts here. >_> If anyone's ever gotten a game that they just could not put down until it was over, I guess they'd understand what I mean. Still, it's not really an excuse, so sorry. I've beaten it now, so I'll be online a lot more often. <_<

As for shooting stars and the like... I once saw a meteor shower, a long time ago. I had to stay inside because of how late it was at night, but I got to watch through my bedroom window. It was beautiful.))

Hakira kept herself surprisingly quiet during the tour through the alley, eying the merchandise with feigned interest and turning away coldly when the shopkeepers looked up at her hopefully. The tour guide, whom she had come to know now as Mira, was right. There was little here that was of real value, and the things that might've been worthy of their steep prices didn't actually look like they were. Had she known it went by the name Haggler's Alley at that time, she would have found it to be rather ironic, as the sellers would most likely be in a good bit of trouble if a real haggler happened upon this noisy marketplace and spotted something she wanted.

She noticed the group had taken to slowing again; Mira had found herself another friend to talk to, and, since she was the guide, the rest of the group must've subconsciously slowed down in order to remain with her. The white haired girl took advantage of the relaxed pace and paused at a side shop. The warmth drafting in and out the window, the sweet scent that mingled and danced through the air, the occasional glimpse of various workers in aprons, everything added up; it had to be a bakery of some sort. Letting out a rather girlish squeal that she made no attempt to hide or be embarrassed about, Hakira rushed inside without a second thought. It wasn't a few moments later that she returned, munching on a glazed doughnut and stuffing several smaller bags (probably containing more doughnuts, or maybe cookies) within the confines of her inner coat pockets. She fell back in line with the group easily, as though her sudden absence had never taken place, and proceeded to follow the group as Mira went ahead and got back to doing her job again.

She found the Founder's Stone to be quite interesting, and had that been the only thing Mira chose to speak about at that time she might've skipped the fence and run right up to it to read it properly. However, the tour guide went on, and Hakira found she had far more interesting things to say. The blonde shorty (and she would, most likely, always think of him as short regardless of his size in comparison to hers, as his personality and rather dreary looking eyes gave her that impression) that had grabbed Mira's attention earlier spoke up before she got the chance though, and she (surprisingly) waited politely for him to finish his question. Though, it was more likely that she was simply waiting to finish chewing on the last of her doughnut. She swallowed, then voiced her own thoughts on the matter.

"I dunno about payin' respects or anythin' like that, but I'm in agreement with this kiddo here," she grinned, her eyes on Mira but her thumb pointing casually towards Dreary Blonde Boy, "Dawnbringer, ye called it? I'd like t' go there too, if only t' see if'n it's as spectacular as it's named."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back