• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Constructive Criticism: Instead of just telling people just to install all this stuff, you should show steps how to do it or make a video to detail this stuff.

I've tried to add in this and extra features and none of it will activate, and I'm not entirely sure how to sort out the wise array of files.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Constructive Criticism: Instead of just telling people just to install all this stuff, you should show steps how to do it or make a video to detail this stuff.

I've tried to add in this and extra features and none of it will activate, and I'm not entirely sure how to sort out the wise array of files.

I feel like if you require a video demonstration for installing this, then you are dramatically overcomplicating what the installation actually is. Its a 3 second process that is mainly just a single step of highlighting all of the folders contained in the download, and dragging them all at once into your root Essentials folder so that all the files merge. That's it. A video demonstration feels like overkill for something that is just a single step of dragging and dropping. So I don't really see the utility in making one. If youre feeling overwhelmed by where to put files, or how to "sort out" where to put things, then again - you're kinda making your own problem for yourself by overcomplicating things. You dont need to sort anything out, everything is done automatically for you. Open the download contents, and open your Essentials folder. Drag A to B. That's it. At most, the most technical thing you might have to do is refresh your plugins if its not immediately recognized. But thats just a general Essentials 101 maintenance issue, not something related to my plugins specifically.

Now on the other hand, if you were to suggest that a video demonstration to cover everything covered in the tutorial would be nice to have, then yes, I would agree with you. Because the tutorial is very dense and complex, and youre pretty much not gonna understand any of it if youre inexperienced. But that has the opposite problem that the hypothetical instructions video has. Where the instructions video would be so short that it wouldnt be worth the time to make, a video on the tutorial would be a massive undertaking because of how much work would have to go into it to visually explain everything. So thats why a video doesn't exist for either one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Hey, I've just downloaded this and add all the folders to my essentials root folder. When I run my game though it says "Gen 9 pack loaded" "Gen 8 pack loaded" and "Hotfixes 1.07 loaded" and it doesn't pick up Essentials Deluxe? Not sure what I'm missing, probably something silly...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, I've just downloaded this and add all the folders to my essentials root folder. When I run my game though it says "Gen 9 pack loaded" "Gen 8 pack loaded" and "Hotfixes 1.07 loaded" and it doesn't pick up Essentials Deluxe? Not sure what I'm missing, probably something silly...

Just try recompiling. It should have automatically done that upon installing, but sometimes Essentials is fussy with detecting plugins.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    [Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:331:in `register'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Overrides.rb:58:in `pbSetSeen'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:293:in `block in pbSendOut'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `each'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `pbSendOut'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:366:in `block in pbStartBattleSendOut'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:338:in `each'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:338:in `pbStartBattleSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:284:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'

I get this error message before the options for fight,pkms,bad,run displays. But it it is properly working in raid adventure on debug menu. seems like this message is only coming on trainer battles......

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Pokedex.rb:331:in `register'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battle_Overrides.rb:58:in `pbSetSeen'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:293:in `block in pbSendOut'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `each'
    151:Battle_ActionSwitching:291:in `pbSendOut'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:366:in `block in pbStartBattleSendOut'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:338:in `each'
    [Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:338:in `pbStartBattleSendOut'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:284:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    148:Battle_StartAndEnd:270:in `pbStartBattle'

I get this error message before the options for fight,pkms,bad,run displays. But it it is properly working in raid adventure on debug menu. seems like this message is only coming on trainer battles......

1cMhkNi.jpg

Did you not see this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Did you not see this?[/QUOTE]

oh shi- sorry i started a new game before recompiling but forgot to start one after doing that ...... sry for the mess

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
    Years
  • Since it only compiles newly added items, abilities and moves, on the next upday you willbe expand more compiler functions for newly added Pokémon, forms, encounters, types, trainers, or trainer types. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since it only compiles newly added items, abilities and moves, on the next upday you willbe expand more compiler functions for newly added Pokémon, forms, encounters, types, trainers, or trainer types. Thanks!

Nah. I only add these things if i make a plugin that specifically needs to add certain PBS data. Im not going to figure out a way to do this for every single PBS file.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.2.5)
    **IMPORTANT** You must start a new game after installing this update. **IMPORTANT**
    **IMPORTANT** You must start a new game after installing this update. **IMPORTANT**

General Fixes
    • Reorganized many of the files included in the plugin.
    • Aliased the code related to pbEffectivenessMessage so that this plugin should no longer overwrite any custom effectiveness messages.
    • Previously, in battles where the "Shift" command button may appear, the coordinates for the button that triggers special battle mechanics such as Mega Evolution would be misaligned in some cases when pressing Back to return to a previous Pokemon's menu. This has been fixed so that these buttons are always aligned properly.
    • Fixed a bug that would accidentally swap the names of the player and their partner when sending out your lead Pokemon in a double battle.
    • Fixed an oversight that would prevent the Deluxe Wild Battle call from accepting Pokemon objects.
    • Fixed an oversight in the Deluxe Wild Battle call when setting up a wild battle vs multiple wild Pokemon. Previously, if you wanted to set the values for any of these wild Pokemon in the Pokemon hash, you could only do so if you made a hash for each wild Pokemon, even if you only wanted to edit one of them. This restriction has been fixed, and you may now edit as few or as many wild Pokemon that are to appear in this battle that you want.
    • Fixed a bug related to how forms are recoreded in the Pokedex that would flag certain forms as seen even if they shouldn't be. This fix inadvertently resolves any incompatibilities with the Encounter List UI plugin.
    • Updated how the Sprite Outliner works so that it may be used on Pokemon sprites in more situations.

New Additions
    • Added a new Pokemon property that gives each individual Pokemon a "size" statistic that ranges from 0 (XXXS) to 255 (XXXL), like in the modern games.
    • Added an option that allows you to set a Pokemon's size value under the Deluxe Options in the Pokemon debug menu.
    • You may now set the size of a wild Pokemon encounted in a Deluxe Wild Battle by setting the :size attribute to a number between 0-255 in the Pokemon hash.
    • Added new Player data that allows you to set the player's birthday, like in the modern games. If no birthday is set, this defaults to the adventure start time.
    • Added an option that allows you to set the player's birthday under the Deluxe Options in the debug menu.
    • Added the ability to track a variety of new game statistics to be utilized by supported plugins.
    • The number of times the player has used Primal Reversion will now be tracked, similar to how Mega Evolution is tracked.
    • Added :raidcapture as a new Deluxe Wild Battle rule. When set, all wild Pokemon in this battle will prompt you to capture them upon defeating them, similar to how Raid-style capture mechanics work. If not captured, the Pokemon will flee to end the battle.
    • Added a new battle animation for fleeing Pokemon.
    • Added various code in preparation of the release of the Improved Mementos plugin.
    • Added :memento as a new Pokemon attribute to set in a Deluxe Wild Battle if the Improved Mementos plugin is installed. This allows you to set the memento that should be attached to this wild Pokemon.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Here's some examples of how the new :raidcapture Deluxe battle rule can change how your wild battles function:

demo.gif
    demo1.gif

And just in case you missed it:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.2.6)

Visually Different Super Shinies
    I've implemented native functionality that allows you to have different sprites for Super Shiny Pokemon. This does not include any assets for this feature, only the support for it. To implement a Super Shiny sprite, you must create new subfolders in Graphics/Pokemon named Front super shiny, Back super shiny, etc, and place sprites in these folders in the same way you would in other similar folders. If so, then a Pokemon flagged as Super Shiny will pull their sprites from these folders instead.

If these folders don't exist, or a Super Shiny sprite cannot be found for the species, then the normal shiny sprite will be used instead. Note that if you're using the ZUD Plugin, you can also have folders named Dynamax and Gigantamax within these Super Shiny folders so that you may have Super Shiny sprites for Dynamax and Gigantamax forms, too.

Similar to above, you may also now set up custom cries for Super Shiny Pokemon. This is accomplished the same way you can set up custom cries for regular shiny Pokemon, you must simply set up a folder named Super shiny in Audio/SE/Cries instead. If no folder exists, or a Super Shiny cry cannot be found for the species, then the normal shiny cry will be used instead. If a shiny cry can't be found either, it will just use the default cry for that species.

Owned Species Count Utility
    Added a new function called pbNumOwnedSpecies(species, attribute, value) to allow you to quickly return the number of a particular species that the player owns (both in the party, and in storage). This can be used if you want to trigger some kind of event, but only if the player owns a particular species. The "attribute" and "value" arguments are optional, and you can simply search for any number of a particular species that the player owns, such as: pbNumOwnedSpecies(:PIKACHU)

However, you can narrow this search down even further by specifying particular attributes to search for.
    For instance, you can use pbNumOwnedSpecies(:PIKACHU, :gender, 1) to return ONLY the number of female Pikachu the player owns.

Below is a list of all the attributes and values that can be checked for:
    Spoiler:

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin will overwrite any of your additions.

Days
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Hey, I've been trying to put the ZUD plugin into my game, but it says I can't because I "downloaded Essentials Deluxe's 1.2.5 version." although I do have the 1.2.6. Any idea of what's happening?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Minor Update (v1.2.7)

This update makes more changes to how Pokedex forms are stored, and as such, a new save file is once again required. Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to release an update that requires this. I'm really hoping this bold red text is enough to actually catch your attention so you don't have to ask why you're getting an error related to the Pokedex.

• Fixed a major bug that has gone surprisingly unreported this entire time that would accidentally delete all of the Egg Move data for all species in pokemon.txt when compiling the ZUD Plugin, and perhaps others.
    • Made further improvements to the code relating to displaying Super Shiny sprites so that overworld follower sprites may also show Super Shiny variants. This can be done by simply adding the appropriate sprites to a folder named Followers super shiny in Graphics/Characters.
    • Added new PokemonOverworldSprite and PokemonSpeciesOverworldSprite classes that can be used to display overworld sprites in menus and other UI's in the same manner as icon sprites are used.
    • Updated the Pokedex so that it may now show Super Shiny forms in addition to normal Shiny forms. The POKEDEX_SHINY_FORMS plugin setting will also toggle Super Shiny forms.
    • The Pokedex will no longer display a form in the Pokedex unless a sprite for that form exists. For example, if you registered a Super Shiny form in the Pokedex, but you do not have any Super Shiny sprites for that species, then that Super Shiny form will not appear as a viewable form in its Pokedex entry. This rule applies to all forms, including gender differences, shadow Pokemon, Gigantamax forms, or other regular forms.
    • The Pokedex will no longer display gendered forms unless the species have actual visual gender differences. For example, Pikachu's Pokedex entry will show Male/Female forms, since that species has visual gender differences. However, for a species like Pidgey which has no gender differences, there will no longer be Male/Female form displays. This cuts back on a lot of redundant forms appearing in the dex.
    • While using the "Fill Storage Boxes" debug option, the Pokedex will now properly register Shiny and Super Shiny forms.
    • Removed the "Deluxe Plugins" option from the debug menu while on the loading screen. These options may now only be used in-game to avoid crashes.
    • Fixed $player.birthdate so that it returns the player's start time as is intended if no birthdate for the player has been set.
    • The pbNumOwnedSpecies utility has been tweaked so that you may now choose to set the species parameter to "nil" in order to return the number of any Pokemon owned by the player that match the particular attributes entered. For example, you can use pbNumOwnedSpecies(nil, :shiny, true) to return the number of ALL Shiny Pokemon the player owns, not just a particular species of shiny. Also fixed an error that would sometimes return incorrect totals.
    • Tweaked how certain code is aliased for improved efficiency.

Here's an example of the expanded Pokedex forms in action:

a9MwDvw.gif

And just in case you missed it:

TheShinyMew

Wild Challenger appeared!
    Years
  • I've got an error when I tried to make a Pokemon faint when I used a Raid Capture rule. Here:
    Code:
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
    [Essentials Deluxe] Midbattle_Triggers.rb:335:in `pbFaint'
    [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_Overrides.rb:155:in `pbFaint'
    [Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:518:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
    [Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:518:in `each'
    [Generation 9 Pack] Battler.rb:518:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
    [Generation 9 Pack] Ability Shield Changes.rb:728:in `block in pbUseMove'
    [Generation 9 Pack] Ability Shield Changes.rb:726:in `times'