• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Düsseldorf "Feel Your Heart Beat!"

Tailor

Objection!
Years
  • The results are in, these countries will advance to the big Final!
    Congratulations! And Europe, shame on you for making such horrible choices in this Semi-Final.

01: Bosnia & Herzegovina - Dino Merlin - Love In Rewind
    02: Austria - Nadine Beiler - The Secret Is Love
    06: Ukraine - Mika Newton - Angel
    07: Moldova - Zdob și Zdub - So Lucky
    08: Sweden - Eric Saade - Popular
    13: Slovenia - Maja Keuc - No One
    14: Romania - Hotel FM - Change
    15: Estonia - Getter Jaani - Rockefeller Street
    18: Denmark - A Friend In London - New Tomorrow
    19: Ireland - Jedward - Lipstick

These countries didn't go to the finals, but the most were great!
    Better luck next years guys...

03: The Netherlands - 3JS - Never Alone
    04: Belgium - Witloof Bay - With Love Baby
    05: Slovakia - TWiiNS - I'm Still Alive
    09: Cyprus - Christos Mylordos - Son Aggelos S'Agapisa (Σαν Άγγελος Σ'αγάπησα)
    10: Bulgaria - Poli Genova - Na Inat (На инат)
    11: F.Y.R. Macedonia - Vlatko Ilievski - Rusinka (Русинкa)
    12: Israel - Dana International - Ding Dong
    16: Belarus - Anastasiya Vinnikova - I Love Belarus
    17: Latvia - Musiqq - Angel In Disguise

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Wooh! Jedward got through :p

I'm surprised Moldova got through though, it was such a weak entry! Sweden deserved to get through despite the vocals - the giant pokeball in the background makes it a worthy winner :D

Tailor

Objection!
    Years
  • Wooh! Jedward got through :p

I'm surprised Moldova got through though, it was such a weak entry! Sweden deserved to get through despite the vocals - the giant pokeball in the background makes it a worthy winner :D

Well, Jedward has this thing that I kinda like about their song.
    But I don't get why other good countries such as Israel and the Netherlands didn't get to the final.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I can't really remember the entry from the Netherlands, apart from they were called 3JS or something like that. If I remember rightly, they went 3rd. They probably just got forgotten about - even though you can vote straight away, it's likely most people wait to hear an entry that really stands out, and you can't really judge the quality of the songs until lots have gone. I wonder how the jury voted.

I was very surprised Israel didn't get through, especially since Dana International won the contest before. The song wasn't brilliant, but I'd say it was worthy of a place in the final at least. Over Moldova, definitely.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • I was glad to see Ireland get through obviously. I do think that Jedward have a good to get up high the leaderboard but I don't think that they'll win it.
    I can see Sweden winning it. Why? They have a real catchy song, good choreography, good lead singer who has the looks, I'd be surprised if they didn't win.

As much as I complain about the Eurovision at times, It's something I always watch.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Just over half an hour to go! Excited, anyone?

While the Contest is ongoing, feel free to use this thread as a general Chit-Chat of your experiences watching it; don't be afraid to just post stuff... you don't have to wait until the end of the show to comment.

Years
  • Just over half an hour to go! Excited, anyone?

While the Contest is ongoing, feel free to use this thread as a general Chit-Chat of your experiences watching it; don't be afraid to just post stuff... you don't have to wait until the end of the show to comment.

I was kind of hoping that would be how people posted anyway.

I'm not particularly excited but it should be a good laugh.

EDIT: Wow really still no posts?

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm so happy Italy came second. For a while towards the end, I was hoping they'd beat Azerbaijan... damn them with their bland entry and relatively attractive female singer!

Years
  • Why does everyone post now!? >:( Oh well.

Anyway, its good to see UK and Ireland do reasonably well compared to most years.

Still a shame Azerbaijan won though.

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Why does everyone post now!? >:( Oh well.

Anyway, its good to see UK and Ireland do reasonably well compared to most years.

Still a shame Azerbaijan won though.

I was too busy watching it lol.

I enjoyed it this year. I thought the presenters were very funny and entertaining and just good overall. Was disappointed that Azerbajan won it and Italy coming second. I din't think much of them and Jedward did us proud. Finishing 8th was good and it was nice seeing the UK get a relatively high place on the leaderboard as well.

Years
  • Azerhax country winning was bull. Didn't even know it fricking existed LOL. Georgia's act was the best in my opinion. United Kingdom got owned which amused me but not my friends >=D

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    There was some really strange voting this year! France, the bookies favourite, came 15th. Italy came out of nowhere to take 2nd. The female Azerbaijan singer was out of tune for most of the song and they still won. The Netherlands came last in their semi, and Poland in theirs (both of which did NOT deserve last place), yet Belgium's awful entry was one point away from qualification!

UK scored from a lot of countries, but all low scores, whilst Ireland got less countries but higher points. Quite distinct boos when Ireland only gave the UK 6 points. I mean, they gave us 4 last year! 7 for Scooch, 8 for Andy Abraham. Far worse entries scored better :p

Azerbaijan didn't win their semi final (Greece did). Ireland only came 8th in their semi (and only by a few points), but then came 8th overall in the final despite a far worse running position.

In comparison to other years which have been fairly predictable, the voting was just insane. Still have to wait for individual jury and public voting. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a massive difference of opinion.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I'm really happy Sweden hasn't won. Their song was way overrated and disturbing.
    Georgia deserved a better place in my opinion, they had one of the best entries, but 9 is still alright.
    Also, "great five" have made it way worse than I expected, with Spain and France on mediocre places, UK and Germany at just the middle. Italy made it fairly well, though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Yeah, there were a few countries who deserved better places than they got, and others who did NOT deserve to do so well. But this always happens. This year especially, there seemed to be a lot of political voting. After last year, I thought we'd moved on a bit, but it seemed to go back a lot this year.

I don't think the jury system works, because it's still not objective enough.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Haha, who else here played the Eurovision Drinking Game last night? I might have taken it a little too far. x)

Anyway, I was dissapointed that Germany didn't win, although I know the song wasn't exactly Eurovision material. It was executed pretty well, and in all honesty it was one of the best songs I've ever heard in the contest. Smooth beats, catchyness, character. Not to mention that Lena looked stunning as usual.

I was actually pretty pleased by how well the UK did. We got at least some votes from most countries.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    I just drank :p

The UK got votes from most countries, but they were generally low scores (Bulgaria and Italy aside). Interestingly, Azerbaijan did really poorly in the Western countries, but really well in the East.

Sweden seemed to win in the West, Azerbaijan in the East, and Italy did fairly well in both. But since there are a lot more Eastern countries, Azerbaijan won.

Years
  • Normally the Eurovision's voting is just one big political show, but it wasn't so much this year.
    I wasn't happy with Ireland giving us 6, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

However, I am happy Italy came second since I liked the song, but the crowning song was Moldova! XD​

Back