• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eurovision

Years
  • Anyone actually watch it this year?

Seemed pretty pointless again for us but at least this year's winning song was okay.

Political voting still surrounds the competition though.

Its a shame when the biggest highlight is someone invading the stage.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Ooh yeah, that was nice because I missed the song from my own country, just to hear that someone had invaded the stage, so it would be repeated XD

Eh, I always love how our narrator, that has been narrating every contest since 1970, always guesses all the votes. Makes you wonder why they added a professional jury.

At least the dancing show before the results was fun.

Years
  • The dancing thing was weird, I don't know how everyone caught on so quickly or how they all knew it before or what!?

The song for it seemed to go on a bit.

The narrator does the same for us. "And 12 points for..." "Azerbaijan by any chance?" "Azerbaijan" Better when it was Wogan though.

Mumfie

Norwegian penguin!
    Years
  • I'm from Norway and I a was actually unlucky enough to happen to see the finaly. This years Eurovison was such a tragedy! I'd say it was a pure disaster... Did you actually HEAR the voice of the girl singing the song that won? Wow, it's a big shame to the music world.. :s

Years
  • I'm from Norway and I a was actually unlucky enough to happen to see the finaly. This years Eurovison was such a tragedy! I'd say it was a pure disaster... Did you actually HEAR the voice of the girl singing the song that won? Wow, it's a big shame to the music world.. :s

Yeah didn't sound the slightest German.

Good song though.

Years
  • Yeah.

Some things that annoy me:

-Britain doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning because it's slightly corrupted as everyone votes for their neighbours.
    -Israel ISN'T IN EUROPE!
    -Turkey ISN'T IN EUROPE!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I haven't seen the actual thing... but I just like to say this:

The last couple of years, Belgium has never been a part of the final top 10. And each time our contestant was was elected by (a very expensive) show with public votes etc.
    This year the VRT decided to choose their own candidate. Look where it got us: 6th place. :3 (not that I care much)
    Moral of the story? Don't try too hard.

Years
  • I haven't seen the actual thing... but I just like to say this:

The last couple of years, Belgium has never been a part of the final top 10. And each time our contestant was was elected by (a very expensive) show with public votes etc.
    This year the VRT decided to choose their own candidate. Look where it got us: 6th place. :3 (not that I care much)
    Moral of the story? Don't try too hard.

I know a certain last placed country who could learn a lesson from that.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I was waiting for this thread to pop up. :P Anyway, yeah. I did watch it this year, I watch it every year! :D I'm really embarrased though that we came last. >: My favourite songs where Moldova, France, Albania and Iceland. :3 Surprised Moldova didn't get a higher score, their song is pretty good in my opinion. :3

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I was waiting for this thread to pop up. :P Anyway, yeah. I did watch it this year, I watch it every year! :D I'm really embarrased though that we came last. >: My favourite songs where Moldova, France, Albania and Iceland. :3 Surprised Moldova didn't get a higher score, their song is pretty good in my opinion. :3

Yeah, poor Josh wasn't a bad singer, but the song was awful and the backing singers were all out of tune. We did deserve to come last.

I loved Germany's song, even if the singer wasn't best, the song has been in my head all day!

Well done Germany!!

Years
  • Suddenly: a hype

I didn't care about or even watch Eurovision, but now suddenly Lena Whateverherlastnamewasagain is pretty much everywhere in the media. The government is collapsing, and what do people care about? Eurovision.
    Was that song really THAT good?

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I didn't care about or even watch Eurovision, but now suddenly Lena Whateverherlastnamewasagain is pretty much everywhere in the media. The government is collapsing, and what do people care about? Eurovision.
    Was that song really THAT good?

Aww, life can't be all doom and gloom. You've gotta have fun every now and again, especially when moral is low in hard times! And I do love my Eurovision! XD

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
  • I think Ireland should just pull out of the competition all together. We are so bad now its not even funny. Although we still hold the record for most wins in the competition ever. I believe the competition as a whole was much better this year then in previous years. Although I am a heavy metal fan,I thought the competition was entertaining this year.

Back