• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV problems with speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
Years
  • Okay, so I'm EV training my Espeon for Speed at the Lake of Rage. Each Magikarp = 1 EV, as you know, plus my Power Anklet gives me + 4 EVs in speed. So, 5 speed EVs total. 4 EVs = 1 stat, but I'm getting 5 EVs every time I defeat a Magikarp, and my speed stat isn't raising at all. Am I just a noob at EV training, since this is very new to me, or is something wrong? Please help.

Thanks!

P.S. If this gets locked, that's just stupid, because this involves strategy, which is related to this section, and if the Mods are going to be so picky about posting, when a subject is barely off, it makes the forum not even fun. It just angers people, because they can't have a fun experience, because if they don't post perfectly, their thread is locked.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    It will be raised to the level you trained it to be at when it reaches Level 100.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • P.S. If this gets locked, that's just stupid, because this involves strategy, which is related to this section, and if the Mods are going to be so picky about posting, when a subject is barely off, it makes the forum not even fun. It just angers people, because they can't have a fun experience, because if they don't post perfectly, their thread is locked.

Not a good way to say "hi" to the mods, btw.

Your stat may not go up by the amount of EV's gained each level but when your pokemon is level 100 via training it or auto-leveling it via Wi-Fi, all the EVs will be correct.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years

• Not a good way to say "hi" to the mods, btw.

Your stat may not go up by the amount of EV's gained each level but when your pokemon is level 100 via training it or auto-leveling it via Wi-Fi, all the EVs will be correct.

Lol. I'm a Rogue, man! Just kidding....

But, Thanks. Good help.

Do base speed stats matter? Because, 252 is the max EVs you can have in one stat, so that's 63 base stats. After 63 base stats, do I just level it up to 100, and it'll finish the base speed stats?

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • P.S. If this gets locked, that's just stupid, because this involves strategy, which is related to this section, and if the Mods are going to be so picky about posting, when a subject is barely off, it makes the forum not even fun. It just angers people, because they can't have a fun experience, because if they don't post perfectly, their thread is locked.

Uh...right. What's stupid is that you can't see the Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A thread right above you. Or better yet, the EV training guide in our Compiled Guides thread. See how fun S&M can be when you follow the rules? :D

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back