• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen EV Training Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I'm playing Emerald and I started reading up on EV training (also on IVs) yesterday for a couple hours. I have a couple questions that I could not seem to find an answer for.

1. I got a Bagon, never gained any experience yet. I wanna eventually evolve him into a Metagross. If I start EV training Bagon now, will all the EV points still be distributed to those stats I EV trained him in when he eventually evolves into a Metagross?

2. None of my pokemon have the Pokerus virus. But hypothetically speaking, lets say Bagon does have the Pokerus virus and experience share equipped and I'm fighting with my Sceptile . I know experience share will also give Bagon EVs from the battle Sceptile won. Sceptile beat a pokemon for 1 EV for the Attack stat. Will Bagon receive 2 EVs for the Attack stat since he has the Pokerus virus?

3. I read that people are starting their EV training at Level 1. Is it even possible to get a Level 1 pokemon without cheating (gameshark/codebreaker/glitches)? Or can pokemon actually be hatched out of an egg at Level 1?

4. I understand how some natures pokemon have will add 10% in one stat and negate 10% in another or not add/negate a stat at all. But from Serebii's website at the bottom of a page on a pokemon, it says "Hindering Nature", "Neutral Nature" and "Beneficial Nature". How do I know what nature would Hinder/be Beneficial to Bagon?

I think that's all the questions I have for now :)

EDIT: One more question :P

5. How do you get a pokemon you're satisfied with their IVs? Do you just have to keep breeding? If so, I doubt I'll worry much with IVs. And in case anyone is thinking about mentioning it, I'm aware of the IV calculator on Serebii ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back