• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ev training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    I have watched all the videos and read all the articles. Basicaly what i'm saying is I know how to Ev train.

But I dont feel like it was working for me. I was only getting like 4 Ev's for my lvl 42 drapion when I calculated it would get a lot more. So I did an experiment with my AR. I set pidgeots (which give 3 spped Ev's) to appear on the first route. I did this so I could battle hundreds before I level up, gaining maximum Ev's. But after I'd battled tons of pokemon (literaly took me hours to go up one level). I only got like 3 Ev's. I seen videos of peopl getting like 10 at once. And yeh I had power anklet but it already had pokerus so it couldnt catch it again.

What am I doing wrong?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    You probably arent doing anything wrong. EVs don't appear in any significant order. You may get +1 one level and +48 the next. Just keep training, the game does bring them into effect eventually.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2010
    You probably arent doing anything wrong. EVs don't appear in any significant order. You may get +1 one level and +48 the next. Just keep training, the game does bring them into effect eventually.

Thanks alot man. Im gonna get training straigh away.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah, as Gofre said, the EVs come into place at later levels.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • What level are you EV training at? The people who get +10 are EV training at a very high level. Training at level 1 gives almost unnoticeable boosts. See, the stat boosts given from EVs are passed out on the way to level 100.

Think of EV gains like a train with multiple tracks that all diverge from a central point. If you get 252 points at level 1, you're still a long way from level 100, so that train isn't very far from the right track. From there, the gains are slow and steady. If you get 252 points at level 99, imagine the conductor screaming, 'HOLY ****', and performing a herculean feat of raw strength, lifting the train and throwing it onto an adjacent track 63 meters away right before it reaches level 100 station. Since they all diverge, as I said before, the distance between each track will be greater the farther you go.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    What level are you EV training at? The people who get +10 are EV training at a very high level. Training at level 1 gives almost unnoticeable boosts. See, the stat boosts given from EVs are passed out on the way to level 100.

Think of EV gains like a train with multiple tracks that all diverge from a central point. If you get 252 points at level 1, you're still a long way from level 100, so that train isn't very far from the right track. From there, the gains are slow and steady. If you get 252 points at level 99, imagine the conductor screaming, 'HOLY ****', and performing a herculean feat of raw strength, lifting the train and throwing it onto an adjacent track 63 meters away right before it reaches level 100 station. Since they all diverge, as I said before, the distance between each track will be greater the farther you go.

That has to be the coolest example ever used ever :P

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    It could be that your Drapion has all of its EVs already. Once you've hit 255 in a stat (or 510 overall), it's over.

Just a thought.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Next time use the Simple Q&A thread in the S&M section of this forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back