• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
I just want to watch Gravity. It's getting sick reviews and I'm getting really giddy at the reactions.

One day, TIFF... one day.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I hope it's okay to change topics a little :3 I watched Iron Man 3 some days ago, after a long wait. I've heard others say it was the worst movie in the trilogy and also a pretty bad movie overall. But I liked it a lot and would say it's almost on par with the other two. What have you heard? Or what did you think, if you have seen it?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I have yet to see the third movie, but I've heard similar critiques to Iron Man 3 being sub par to the first two movies. I kind of just ignore it though, because I'll probably end up enjoying it just as much. Whenever it comes to these kind of movies, or movies in general, I'm always in it for the entertainment. So long as I'm being entertained and not drifting off to somewhere else, then it's all good.

In other related news, the new TV season is coming up soon, and I couldn't be more excited! If there's anything I enjoy more than watching movies, it's watching a good television series.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha, agreed there. I shall not spoil the movie for you then :) Just say that it was a good mix of big action and quieter personal interactions, along with a Tony Stark with realistic thoughts about his experiences from the Avengers movie. So I thought they executed all that very well in the third movie.

A good movie, in general imo, should be engaging yeah.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I look forward to watching it... eventually!

I sort of adopted Charlie's (from Perks of Being a Wallflower) point of view on movies. If it makes me feel something by the end of it, then it was a good movie. Haha!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sounds like a good rule of thumb, for most maybe. But I usually cry to every movie, few exceptions, so I should in that case love more movies than I do xD

I watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise the other day. It was much better than I expected. It had twists my little dumb brain couldn't foresee and it had wonderful music.

Years
If you liked Iron Man 3 you should definitely see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Same director and also stars RDJ. It's a gem of a movie and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Oblivion surprised me, too. I had very low expectations (because of Tom Cruise) but I think it's going to end up as one of my exception movies. I don't like certain actors, but there seems to be one movie where I can like them. (Like Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction.) It was nice to see a scifi movie that wasn't all SFX action scenes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Oblivion definitely got more scuff than it deserved. The premise wasn't all that unique but the execution and presentation of the world, its few inhabitants, and the struggle made for a pleasing watch. It's one of those movies I wouldn't watch/rent again or even own, but it was good eyecandy the first time around.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If you liked Iron Man 3 you should definitely see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Same director and also stars RDJ. It's a gem of a movie and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Oblivion surprised me, too. I had very low expectations (because of Tom Cruise) but I think it's going to end up as one of my exception movies. I don't like certain actors, but there seems to be one movie where I can like them. (Like Will Ferrell in Stranger Than Fiction.) It was nice to see a scifi movie that wasn't all SFX action scenes.
I just agree with everything in this post. I have seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang actually! RDJ is cute in it 8D

And yeah, I don't really like Tom Cruise either but he was pretty okay in this movie and the movie as a whole could have been, idk... deeper or more genuine in some way. The setting feels plastic. Maybe there were too few characters we got to know in order to make it believable? I would have liked to know more about the state of Earth and how the scavengers (or what they were called) survived and lived and things like that. But overall it was pretty great. I haven't seen another movie with quite a similar enough premise for me to feel that it's a repeat.

Years
I kind of liked that there was all that plastic feel. It felt real, and that's because they used real props and sets and even projected images of clouds so that there wasn't so much CGI. As much as we can do amazing things with computers, you can't entirely fool the human eye. Not completely.

Oh, and speaking of CGI always makes me think of Star Wars, and Star Wars #7 seems to have some hiccups that make me worried. Like Abrams' having a spat with the bosses about filming in the UK when he wants to film in the US where he's built green screens and other post-production facilities. I keep going up and down about my expectations for the new movie - and I don't hardly know anything about it! Even the rumors that old cast members will return are just that, rumors.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Confession: I've never seen a Star Wars movie from beginning to end, much less watched the entire trilogy (or is it way more than that now? I don't know, I can never keep up!).

Oh! Oh! Oh! The summer season is officially over, well by the television calendar that is. I watched the first new show of the season, Sleepy Hollow, and it was soooo good! It's not Breaking Bad or anything, but I loved the rich Civil War history, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse mythology, the biblical references from Revelation, and all the sorcery and beheadings they had going on in the Pilot episode. Plus, the two leads have wonderful chemistry together. There's a nice blend of humor to it too where they even poke some fun at the show's own premise and ludicrousness. All in all, it's started off well. I hope the majority of the season can maintain this same level of twists and pacing, because so far I'm interested to see more. A lot more.

Years
Sleepy Hollow? Never heard of that show, but your description of it gives me a slight Carnivàle vibe. Historical American setting, strange happenings, heavy religious overtones.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It only just started actually. I think people who enjoy Supernatural may take a liking to it the most, since it's said to be more of a procedural show with an overlapping arc for the season that deals with hunting down witches ghosts, and other demons that have to revolve around the Headless Horseman who is just one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

It's like a modern retelling of the Sleepy Hollow tale, except in this universe the tale of Sleepy Hollow and the Headless Horman has only just begun. A lot of the Civil War history comes from the flashbacks, since Ichabod Crane actually wakes up from the 1700s in present day after dying and being put under a spell from his wife, Katrina and another member of her coven. For a Pilot, it shared a lot of pleasant twists and deep-rooted mythology, which is something I'm a fan of.

Oh my gosh, it all sounds really ridiculous when I read it aloud, but it's actually really good and loads of fun to watch. I wasn't sure what to expect when I sat down to watch it, but I'm glad I checked it out.

Years
Naw, it sounds pretty interesting and like something I'd watch depending on the tone and the quality of the writing and that kind of stuff. I dig me some fun supernatural mystery shows.

EDIT-

Blah, no one's posted. Anyway, I've since watched the pilot of Sleepy Hollow and I'm going to give the show the five episode treatment. If it can't hook me by episode five, I'll stop, but I'll watch it because it seems promising. I'm not wowed, yet, but I'm impressed at how much they put into a single episode and how... not cheesy it all seemed.

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Let's talk about CHVRCHES' upcoming debut album!

Sounds like a more anthemic Purity Ring, right guys? Loving what I'm listening so far.

Years
Okay. Let's talk about that.

I've never heard of them before now, but this song seems catchy enough so I'll look into them further. Seems they're fairly new so it shouldn't be that hard to get to know their music if it's good like this song.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
chvrches owns, definitely in my top 5 for the year

what do u all think of nothing was the same by wheelchair jimmy aka drake, i think it has its strong points and its weak points but overall a solid album 6.5-7.5/10

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Pretty quiet in here.

New topic - Danganronpa is finished! DX Sad times, that was a really weird but very interesting anime. ^_^

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OK, I really liked that Chvrches song. And now to Spotify...

It'll take a lot for it to beat Modern Vampires of the City and The Electric Lady off the top-spot in Albums of 2013 so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back