• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Probably not. You can never really be sure with book series though because the author may write a backstory book with some established characters and some new ones, or a new book set in the same universe with entirely different characters, or may write something that takes place alongside the same events as the series but from a different character's perspective, or a 'next generation' book following the children of some characters from the series. Possibilities abound.

Oh, and I'm gonna drop this here because why not

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I LOVE BLR so much. The Hunger Games one is still my favourite, but I love the Twilight and Spider-Man ones as well.

"Face it, you're the devil!"
"No, no!"

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
....That's the best YT channel I've seen in quite a while. Thanks for getting me hooked!
EDIT: OMFG MEDIEVAL LAND FUN-TIME! I'm dying here, literally absolutely dying!

Last edited:
Years
Guys I finally saw the Hobbit and basically sat there in awe at how hot Evangeline Lilly is and how awesome Lee Pace/Luke Evans and Smaug are. The CGI and Benedict's voice on the dragon is the best part of the movie.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Guys I finally saw the Hobbit and basically sat there in awe at how hot Evangeline Lilly is and how awesome Lee Pace/Luke Evans and Smaug are. The CGI and Benedict's voice on the dragon is the best part of the movie.
Pfft, I know the real reason you enjoyed that movie so much. Wine in coke bottles is all Imma say.

I have refused to see the Hobbit 2 (or whatever desolace something it's called) in the cinema because the first Hobbit movie totally ruined the Bilbo experience for me. In Sweden, the book is called "Bilbo" and my mom read it to me and my brother as children. Now it's some kind of grown up serious action movie. What.

Years
Peter Jackson has gone full George Lucas with these Hobbit movies. I mean, I gave the first one a chance and I looked over the stuff that was bad because I wanted to enjoy it, but this second one goes so far as to add in a new female character and then does really cliche things so I've lost whatever hope I once had. I'm sad. I should have gone to see Frozen instead.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've heard Frozen is liked by many. So it's worth a watch? From the very little I've seen of it, it looks like a Tangled clone.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't get these guys hate on the Hobbit films after the Nostalgia Critics posted his top 11 dumbest moments in the LoTR trilogy, as well as Cinema Sins' Everything Wrong With videos, showing that even some of the best movies have head-scratching moments due to poor writing or special effects failure.

Years
But Peter Jackson writing in that new female elf character did not sit well with me. Even as he explained it, I don't know, it didn't feel right. And the Hobbit is less gritty than LOTR, but it comes across as bloated. I guess that's what happens when you combine whimsy and Hollywood. Maybe I'll have to think about it again.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm far from defending these terrible movies, but I'm sure I read that Evangeline Lilly's character was written by JRR Tolkien but not put in the final draft of the book. If that's the case then I can kind of support the decision on account of more female elves make these movies less boring. Even still though, I understand he anger because they're fleshing out a book that just did not need to be made into three movies.

Years
Really, I'm trying so hard to embrace it all haha. If Tolkein wanted to write in smexy elves then I'll try my best to watch it more sympathetically.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I seen Kung Fury on Kickstarter, they've already gotten over thair $200,000 goal, and this should be a full, feature length movie. I really look forward to it, to think that the director (also main actor) came from making commercials is pretty astounding.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I seen Kung Fury on Kickstarter, they've already gotten over thair $200,000 goal, and this should be a full, feature length movie. I really look forward to it, to think that the director (also main actor) came from making commercials is pretty astounding.
200k already? It was only at 2k when I posted it 4 days ago. That thing must have gotten viral....

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Niiiiice. If they go past the original 30 minute run and go for like 90s minutes I'll be so happy. A full movie is what this deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back