• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • Sometimes I feel like CGI is a lazy way to make effects. Since it's easier to control and manipulate compared to makeup, costumes and animatronics. Sometimes it's done really well, but in the case of TMNT, I felt like having costumes would've done better justice in this case instead of CGI.

Years
  • I dunno. I'm all for real effects in movies, but the CGI here didn't look too bad. If anything the Michael Bay-style over-the-top action stuff is what makes the movie look unappealing. I guess it's just a matter of how consistence they are and how clever they are at hiding and blending their computer graphics with the rest of the sets and actors.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think they will stuff up Peanuts even though blue sky is a awful studio for films. Also sprach Zarathustra (that song from 2001) in the trailer was a nice touched as well. I don't expect TMNT to be great but it will still make a lot of money.

Years
  • I know it's not related to the discussion that was going on, but it's important (but not important enough for a thread). The HIMYM ending! Who watched, what did you think etc etc?

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    YES NUKE YES I cried so many happytears. I can't believe that it actually ended like this. It was amazing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I saw it! Can't say I really liked it though. ;_; Lotta mixed feels.

Spoiler:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Never actually followed HIMYM religiously but when I did catch a few episodes here and there I always stayed to watch it since it was hilarious :P
    I'm pretty curious to know what happened during the final episode but I also wanna watch the rest of the series =/

Btw, I finally got around to watch Breaking Bad and like the junkies in the series itself, I'm hooked xD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • How did everyone like Christina Perri's new album, Head or Heart? I am absolutely in love with it. My favorites are shot me in the heart, one night, i believe, i don't wanna break, human, and be my forever, despite the fact you can hardly even hear Ed Sheeran lol

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • ^ Haven't heard it yet, but I'll check it out at the moment.

Sometimes I feel like CGI is a lazy way to make effects. Since it's easier to control and manipulate compared to makeup, costumes and animatronics. Sometimes it's done really well, but in the case of TMNT, I felt like having costumes would've done better justice in this case instead of CGI.
    Does this mean we should form a rebellion to force Hollywood to abandon CGI and return to using older special effects like stop motion, because they're more realistic? That's what the majority of the internet community on youtube thinks at the moment, as well as the demand for more pure original movies from my previous thread, meaning Gravity should've won the Oscars instead of 12 Years A Slave for the sake of being a movie not based on a pre-existing source material. But not even costumes and animatronics can save the new TMNT movie from being total crud (they're turning Shredder into a white guy for crying out loud).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • ^ Haven't heard it yet, but I'll check it out at the moment.

Does this mean we should form a rebellion to force Hollywood to abandon CGI and return to using older special effects like stop motion, because they're more realistic? That's what the majority of the internet community on youtube thinks at the moment, as well as the demand for more pure original movies from my previous thread, meaning Gravity should've won the Oscars instead of 12 Years A Slave for the sake of being a movie not based on a pre-existing source material. But not even costumes and animatronics can save the new TMNT movie from being total crud (they're turning Shredder into a white guy for crying out loud).

It really depends on how they're doing the CGI. For example, the CGI in Avatar was simply amazing and even the Na'vis we're done really well. If done well, I have absolutely no problem with CGI. But the turtles in this new movie just seems... bleh, unappealing. And as for Shredder, I agree I didn't really like it when they put in a white guy instead of an Asian guy. But I guess that they're going for a more westernized version of TMNT? I mean, William Fichtner is a great actor who portrays great villains, but seeing Shredder as a white guy is going to bother a lot of people. I'm sure he's going to be a great villain but even the foot soldiers have been westernized with guns. And, ugh. Megan Fox again in a Michael bay movie, she's just not a good actor.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I havent watched the newest HIMYM season yet because ive been catching up on other shows...
    Looking forward to see how it ends, although it seems most fans were kinda disappointed

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I haven't seen it but I've heard about it and I have to say that I actually really love what they did with the ending. I can't be bothered to put in spoiler tags so I won't go into detail, but I'm in that minority who thinks that it's a really, really nice sitcom finish.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • that I actually really love what they did with the ending. I can't be bothered to put in spoiler tags so I won't go into detail, but I'm in that minority who thinks that it's a really, really nice sitcom finish.

Well thats good to hear!! Im catching up on the season and looking forward to see it and find out for myself

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not really sure about that, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. :b Would there be a minimum character or word limit?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • If it's Liljz's latter statement, there's a most recently watched movie thread for that. o: Film review does sound interesting though if you wanna expound.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Or maybe a movie recommendation thread of some sort for newer movies if people would be wondering if it's really worth watching it or not?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back