• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evanescence.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • ^_______________________^ I'm going to their Toronto concert on December 14th!!!!!!!!!!

Er... yeah. Now that that's out of the way... XD;; What do you guys think of Evanescence? I personally love all of their music. @_@ It's so... interesting. And original. It's not like all the other stuff out there. ^_^;

What about you guys?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ooh, you're lucky that you get to go to their concert! T-T Anyways, I like them! My favorite song of theirs is 'Bring Me To Life'. It sounds sooo cool. o.o I just watched DareDevil last night and saw the music video.

PokeTrainerCarol

I'm huge fan of Evanescence...they're my 2nd fav band! (Linkin Park 1st...for those who didn't know already x_x)
    lol a few months ago (I forgot, how am I to remember?) they played in city VERY close where I live. Evanescence was everything I thought about that night...:( of course I didn't go, would my parents even take me? -_-

I'm trying to learn how to play "My Immortal" on the piano, it's such a pretty song! "Hello" too. ^_^ I don't have the album though, and I'll probably never get it...with my modern rock hating father there's a very low chance I'll ever get it... >_> ^_^ (It took one week of constant begging so he got sick of it and bought Meteora for me :P)

I think their new single will be "My Immortal". Yay! All of their songs are so cool but I've only heard ones in the Fallen album, I have no idea about that "Origin" one... >_>

and Ms. Amy Lee is soo cool...she's a real female rock star, way to go! *ha ha ha Avril ha ha ha Lavigne ha ha ha*

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • I was just listening to their song on Winamp....for some reason, Back to Life is the only I like...

*listens to every Creed song and loves em*

BOO ya!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I luv Evanescence sooo much! Amy has such a beautiful voice ^^ I like her "Going Under" song, I think it's the best. Good for ya, lightning. I'm burning with jealousy, hun >.<;;

*gets killed by Amy*

~CaRtOON

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Get away from here!!!!!!!I'm sick of you spam posts, so go away.We don't want you to infest this great site with your crap.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • lol...looking back at this thread with the spammer's post deleted, it makes DragonTrainer look like the real spammer, either that or possessed by a spamming ghost...

anyways, I only heard of two evanescence songs...(only on the radio, I have something against CDs so I don't buy them)...I like "Bring me to life" better than "Going Under" tho...

Cherrim

Years
  • oO;; I'd like to meet a band whose songs contain lyrics like that, lol.

tmbjr > I don't buy CDs either. @_@ They're $20 (Canadian) and I don't have the money to spare. I burn them. XP

PokeTrainerCarol

I really can't picture Ms. Amy Lee saying that lol...

I have around $60 dollars (USA!) but I won't use them...I have this bad habit of NEVER using my allowance til my parents make me :P I don't think I'll ever get their album Fallen, I heard all songs anyway...^^

But Evanescence is good band :)

Cherrim

Years
  • Just keep saving your money. Then when you're a teenager, you'll have 100s of dollars and you can buy whatever you want. o_O;; Trust me, you'll thank yourself later. XD;; rofl.

PokeTrainerCarol

Nooo...Evanescence isn't terrible...oh well, everyone has different tastes on music I guess ^_^

Lightning said:
    Just keep saving your money. Then when you're a teenager, you'll have 100s of dollars and you can buy whatever you want. o_O;; Trust me, you'll thank yourself later. XD;; rofl.

XD okay. I'll follow your advice. Yay!
    LOL

Buritos

Floppy Cucumber!!!
    Years
  • PokeTrainerCarol said:
    Nooo...Evanescence isn't terrible...oh well, everyone has different tastes on music I guess ^_^

That's very true..but I like almost all kinds of music,and Evanesence,IMO are just another teenie bopper band that'll be gone and forgotten in 6 months..IMO!

Cherrim

Years
  • Teenie bopper? o_O They don't sound like Hanson and those other "teenie boppers" did. Secondly, they have a much more gothic rock sound to them. Their songs aren't exactly child-oriented, either. XD "Tourniquet" is about commiting suicide, "My Last Breath" is also about death, and "Taking Over Me" seems to be about being obsessed with someone. o_O;

PokeTrainerCarol

That's very true..but I like almost all kinds of music,and Evanesence,IMO are just another teenie bopper band that'll be gone and forgotten in 6 months..IMO!
    I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but, what is a teenie bopper? x_x

Zento

Mushroom God
    Years
  • PokeTrainerCarol said:
    I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but, what is a teenie bopper? x_x

Teenie-bopper is I'm guessin' what's 'in' for teens. I always pictured teenie-bopper was like Britney Spears, but I dunno. I'm not clear on the meaning myself. x.x

I like Evanesence. ^_^ I'm infatuated with Amy Lee's voice. It's gorgeous. The lyrics to most of their songs are really pretty to I think.

Cherrim

Years
  • I've always thought of it as the nice pop stuff like Britney Spears, BSB, N*SYNC, etc... oO; Since the name sounds so cutesy and stuff.

PokeTrainerCarol

I don't think Evanescence is a teenie bopper at all >_> their music is very deep and dark and and and and...it's not "Oh baby baby, how was I supposed to know...that something wasn't right...Oh baby baby, I shouldn't have let you go" like...not at all...it has some meaning. *nods* ^_^

Buritos

Floppy Cucumber!!!
    Years
  • They don't even scratch the surface of dark or gothic.I'm not a goth but i like black/thrash/death/local metal...Now theres dark stuff..I like other stuff besides metal tho

Back