• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Even more amazing Pokemon games for 2012!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I suppose the likeliness of a DSi game being released is low? Because I don't fancy buying a 3DS just to play one game. I'd like to see a R/S remake but I don't think a Pokemon Grey would really make sense... I also agree with Elite Overlord, another XD style game would be nice but it probably won't happen since The Pokemon Company seem to have moved on to the DS in recent years :/

Probably won't happen? It was for the Gamecube, not for the DS line, so my bet is that a sequel(which I also am waiting for) would be for the Wii(U) anyways.

Didn't they say that some games would be able to connect the Wii U with the 3DS?(don't quote me on that, I just recall hearing about it with the new Smash Bros due). I think it would be interesting to have another 'split' spin off with the two.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Pokemon Gray will most likely be on the DS/DSi. I don't think TPC will seperate the third from its predecessors. They didn't do it with Emerald. However, I think a 3D Mystery Dungeon would be nice. A big change from the cartoon-ness of the first ones.

Years
    I think 2012 will bring us Pokemon Gray (or whatever the third game of the 5th gen will be), and save the R/S remakes for 2013.

As far as spinoffs go, we can expect to obviously see Pokemon + Nabunaga, but also probably a new Mystery Dungeon and maybe even another Ranger.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    If they remake R/S I'd probably lose hope in the franchise. They really, REALLY need to push out something fresh and original. No more remakes, no new generations, maybe a new game with old pokemon, Some new ones, SOME, like 14 or something, new legendary maybe? Wii title would be great too. I think pokemon grey would be to much. I'm a little bored of the Trio releases. I'm sick of pushing out money to buy a game that has content I already have, and new content that doesn't make the price worth it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I just hope that there's either a main series or Mystery Dungeon game in there SOMEWHERE. To be honest, I'm not really that thrilled about this whole crossover thing.

Years
    If they remake R/S I'd probably lose hope in the franchise. They really, REALLY need to push out something fresh and original.

But a remake of R/S will most likely happen. Thats their cycle. They make remakes of games every ten years it seems, like with HGSS.

This new spinoff Pokemon + Nabunaga is original and fresh. Pokemon never had a cross over before.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    If they remake R/S I'd probably lose hope in the franchise. They really, REALLY need to push out something fresh and original. No more remakes, no new generations, maybe a new game with old pokemon, Some new ones, SOME, like 14 or something, new legendary maybe? Wii title would be great too. I think pokemon grey would be to much. I'm a little bored of the Trio releases. I'm sick of pushing out money to buy a game that has content I already have, and new content that doesn't make the price worth it.

Are you insane? A R/S remake would be great. HG/SS are some of my favorite pokemon games, so i would welcome a remake of the third generation.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I doubt the R/S remakes will be released in 2012, because Game Freak already announced they were definitely going to make one, but they haven't even started production yet (Stated in December), so that wont be released until at least 2013.

Another Colosseum-type game would be cool, or another Mystery Dungeon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I doubt the R/S remakes will be released in 2012, because Game Freak already announced they were definitely going to make one, but they haven't even started production yet (Stated in December), so that wont be released until at least 2013.

Another Colosseum-type game would be cool, or another Mystery Dungeon.

Im pretty sure Game Freak havent announced it, and they usually start production for games 2+ years before they are released so if the RS remakes are going to be released in 2013, then production would have already started.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Im pretty sure Game Freak havent announced it, and they usually start production for games 2+ years before they are released so if the RS remakes are going to be released in 2013, then production would have already started.

I'll try and find the source from where I got this information from, because it's valid. As for the 2013 release thing I previously stated, that was just a guess. I don't know the exact production time for a Pokémon game. All I know is that a member from Game Freak replied to a fan's question about "Will there be Ruby / Sapphire remakes?" in which he said "We'd love to get back into the third generation and create re-makes for Ruby and Sapphire, but we're still fairly busy at the time being. Although production on the games have not yet started, we may get to it in the near future."

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm still waiting for my Colo/XD follow-up. RS remakes or Grey would be nice too. But I'm a bit Colo deprived... :(

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    They better mean Pokemon games of actual substance.

Side games such as Rumble Blast and Pokepark 2 are completely worthless. Didn't help that they acted like they'd be some big "shocking" announcement before announcing them. The only thing "shocking" is how much lower they sink, I suppose.

It's time for Grey. I have held off from buying Black/White since I've heard they look not so great on the 3DS. If Nintendo isn't stupid, Grey will be 3DS exclusive and will therefore be made for the console, and it can be my fifth generation Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The DS was out when Emerald was released for the GBA so there's a chance of that awesome (hopefully) mainstream game being for the DS.

Emerald was released in Japan two months before the DS. Forget about it.

Eпvy said:
    Side games such as Rumble Blast and Pokepark 2 are completely worthless. Didn't help that they acted like they'd be some big "shocking" announcement before announcing them. The only thing "shocking" is how much lower they sink, I suppose.

Yeah screw those guys for wanting to produce more varied video games in a rich universe to appeal to fans of other genres - and give people who like Pokémon something new to play while the main games are being made. How dare people advertise their upcoming products.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I wouldn't take any word seriously. If they're not ready to make an official announcement, they will say whatever they think is the best course of action to take without revealing a game that's being made.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'm still waiting for my Colo/XD follow-up. RS remakes or Grey would be nice too. But I'm a bit Colo deprived... :(

That's what I've been waiting for. It's been too long since Gale of Darkness for me. Loved both of those games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    No R/S remake has been confirmed per Se but Masuda said he will "consider it" whatever that means, we can only wait and see what the year unveils.

Back