• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Event handling for Gen IV roms

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    Rom hack newbie here. I have played some hacks, never made any, and I have some programming skills. My goal is to create a mini mod for Platinum.

My question is sort of general:

How are events handled in a gen iv game? (Is that a part of the 'scripts'?)
    -Say if I want to reset the game progress back to a certain time, for example, defeat team galactic, reset back to before defeating, and defeat it again by battling all the grunts. Would that be possible?

Alternatively, is it possible to make changes to trainers and make them rechallengable? (Trainer editor?)

Thank you very much!

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    Hi @Hajima!

Thank you for the advice!

I'm fully aware that the current scripting tools are focused on gba games/BW. My question is more for a decision making: if "event stage resetting"/"trainer rechallenge" are not possible in gen 4 roms at all, then I wouldn't try to learn mod hacks but might go for other methods; if they are possible, I will get some practices with gba roms first.

Thanks! :)

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • I have been looking into the Platinum script files. But i cant find mysery gift scripts, i can give the script for the darkrai/shaymin event :)
    Gen 3 and Gen 4 Scripting is also a bit different :)

Back