• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Event Only Islands

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • In the original RSE games, several items were given out at Nintendo Events that allowed you to go to several islands in order to catch legendary Pokemon. However, I'm sure many of us weren't able to go to these events and one of them (The Old Sea Map needed to catch Mew) was only available in Japan. The following islands were able to be accessed: Naval Rock (Ho-Oh + Lugia), Birth Island (Deoxys) and Faraway Island (Mew).

Do you think that they'll bring these islands back and distribute the items through wifi? Or do you think they'll ditch them altogether?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I imagine that the islands will be back, although I strongly hope that they are naturally/normally accessible.. (particularly, Lugia and Ho-Oh being event-exclusive would just be weird, especially as Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver let you catch Kyogre/Groudon in a Johto-based journey without any event requirements..)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    They would obviously be back, along with some gimmicks like Spiky-Eared Pichu to get the popularity running in. Though the major number of events would probably be mega evolutions, they would add new places to get DiaPalGira or ZekResKyu at the very least.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
  • Just like how shiny Dialga/Palkia/Giratina were available through event Arceus in HGSS, I don't doubt we'll see something of the sort with shiny Zekrom/Resharim/Kyurem. OR, the reason Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde were shiny locked in XY was so that people would be enticed to buy ORAS to obtain one of the shiny forms through an event like I mentioned above.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    They definitely shouldn't get rid of them; these places are one of the things that added such interest to all those Pokémon. What they should actually do is, instead of keeping them event-only, make these islands freely accessible so that anybody could discover and get in by surfing, diving, and things like that; to keep their value, though, they should make them as difficult to find as possible. :]

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I hope they will be normally available. I was saying this for some time, there are way too many event exclusives, some of those should be downgraded to regular legendary Pokémon.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I wish they would go down with all the event business, but I doubt that would happen, as all this simply adds to popularity and promotion of the games. Although a dive-accessed extremely hard-to-get puzzle thing like what they did with the Regis for the event Pokémon is also cool.

I would also love it if they gave away a shiny event Feebas.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I hope they're included. Having Wi-Fi-unlockable events was very enjoyable, and I'm disappointed that they seem to be becoming more and more scarce as more games are made. Not everyone is able to utilize Wi-Fi, but it is still more accessible than going all the way to New York City for one small event!

If they are not kept as Wi-Fi events, I would still like to see them incorporated into the game, perhaps as post-game elements.
    Being able to catch the opposite Eon Pokémon harkens back to Emerald, where both were an option--and it was included as an event in HGSS.
    Being able to catch Ho-oh and Lugia also acts as a mirror to HGSS, where you could catch Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza post-game.

So there are definitely some good reasons to keep these islands. And who knows, perhaps this time they can even be expanded upon and made into more complex locations!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    More Legendary events and Mega Pokémon events I want!

I'm sure that these events will come back. I aught every Legendary Pokemon in the originals except for Mew. I didn't even know about Deoxys until the anime, then I became fixated on catching it. That was probably the Pokémon I was most interested back in the Generation 3 days.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I wish they would come back as wifi events and not those things like distributions or e-reader thingies like they did in RSE haha. It is kinda not fair for those who are playing in non-Japanese, European, or American territory...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I wish they would come back as wifi events and not those things like distributions or e-reader thingies like they did in RSE haha. It is kinda not fair for those who are playing in non-Japanese, European, or American territory...

Especially because they are now globalizing Pokemon, letting us have the option to choose a language at the beginning and releasing it all on the same day 'round the world. I think they learned that this option was the best way to go, and I don't think they will restrict such large events to Japan only.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Hopefully they're included and distributed through WiFi.

Also holding out they give the items a little update so there's more to do than just go there and catch the legendary

Years
  • I don't want to see them gone; they were mysterious parts to the game that motivated me to continue playing in hopes that I'd get to visit them one day. Unfortunately, I still haven't, which makes me want to see them become a bit more accessible in ORAS. Sure, they should keep their cryptic factor, but it wouldn't hurt to ease up the difficulty.

Years
  • I definitely can see the Mew and Deoxis island coming back and being accessible through a wifi-event, thought I don't see a reason to keep the island where you find Ho-oh and Lugia event related considering you can now get them easily, maybe it'll come back accessible post-game without the need for an event, or maybe they'll add something more intresting like shinies to make the event worth it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I heard about the method to encounter deoxys in the event and it sounded cool. I hope we get a chance to do it this time around (and not just Japanese players).
    Also Mew being obtainable in these games will be awesome. Give it a Mega or two and it'll make up for the Mewtwo favoritism that happened in XY.

ShadowSlashz

Shadow
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    ORAS Pokemon Event speculation

What Pokémon events do you expect to see in the Ruby and Sapphire Remakes? Post your ideas down below! :)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't know which one's well get (Jirachi? Deoxys?), but I don't think it'll be Celebi (unless there's something unique about it) seeing as we just got that one for Pokemon Bank!

Back