• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event Triggering

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Hey guys,
    Does anyone knows how i can let events trigger other events?
    Like when you have talken to Prof. Oak and choosed Your starter, and walk outside door,
    Your rival shows up or something.
    Rival only may show up when you talked to Oak and chose Your starter.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Code:
    pbSetSelfSwitch([COLOR="Lime"]14[/COLOR], "[COLOR="Red"]A[/COLOR]", [COLOR="Magenta"]true[/COLOR])

# of the event you want to affect
    what page event you want to affect
    whether that page of that event is set to true or false

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    Code:
    pbSetSelfSwitch([COLOR=lime]14[/COLOR], "[COLOR=red]A[/COLOR]", [COLOR=magenta]true[/COLOR])

# of the event you want to affect
    what page event you want to affect
    whether that page of that event is set to true or false
    ---------
    That's the whole problem. I can't trigger events that are in different maps...

Years
  • ---------
    That's the whole problem. I can't trigger events that are in different maps...

You can't trigger events that are on different maps. Instead, set a global switch in the first event, and have the second event (on the different map) triggered by that global switch being on.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    You can't trigger events that are on different maps. Instead, set a global switch in the first event, and have the second event (on the different map) triggered by that global switch being on.
    ----
    I don't know the command for that T_T

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    When in an event, hit enter. There's a button that says "Control Switches". Make sure to label it so you can identify it later. Pretty straightforward.
    And i still dont know how to set a global event -_-''

Back