• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Events are SELF-ERASING?!

Dban1

To Be The Best ROM Hacker
    Years
    There's something bothering me..

I've been trying to add in a new Event Page to a trainer NPC, that makes him "dead"(a dead picture lying on the floor) after a certain variable has been activated.

However, when I go into the game, he's still alive.

Worst still, when I close RPG Maker and refresh the game and all by using the "Set Encounter" in Editor, the Event Page is GONE when I return to RPG Maker.

What's actually going on?

**NOTE: I've already defeated this trainer in battle, so Self-Switch A should be on. The problem involves Page 2 and 3.

Years
    The reason page 3 is not working because of a problem all versions of RPG Maker have. check off the self switch on page 3 and it should work fine.

idk why the events would be erasing themselves. maybe you forgot to save?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    The reason page 3 is not working because of a problem all versions of RPG Maker have. check off the self switch on page 3 and it should work fine.

idk why the events would be erasing themselves. maybe you forgot to save?

Never heard of such a bug? I've been using RMXP for 8 years and never had any problem using 2 conditions on an event page.

There's something bothering me..

I've been trying to add in a new Event Page to a trainer NPC, that makes him "dead"(a dead picture lying on the floor) after a certain variable has been activated.

However, when I go into the game, he's still alive.

Worst still, when I close RPG Maker and refresh the game and all by using the "Set Encounter" in Editor, the Event Page is GONE when I return to RPG Maker.

What's actually going on?

**NOTE: I've already defeated this trainer in battle, so Self-Switch A should be on. The problem involves Page 2 and 3.
    Spoiler:

The problem is with the comments, delete all of them, they aren't needed. And after many years using Essentials and hundreds of trainers after I really recommend you don't setup trainers with comments at all. It doesn't really make it that much easier and they screw up anything different you may wanna do with the trainer event. Whenever the game compiles and see that an event has trainer comments it will reset back to the standard 2 page, regular trainer event.

Years
    Never heard of such a bug? I've been using RMXP for 8 years and never had any problem using 2 conditions on an event page.

i never manged to get it work, atleast with same self switches. it always just stayed at the first event page that had the self switch A.

don't know why the self switch A is even needed there anyway, since it just makes it look like the trainer drops dead after battling you if the switch is turned on.

Dban1

To Be The Best ROM Hacker
    Years
    Hm guys, thanks for the tips but it seemed to work when I changed the Graphic once for Page 3 and went into the game, and then exited and re-changed the graphic to the dead boy.

Back