• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Events

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
    Hey everyone;

I was just thinking about this: WHY does Nintendo/Gamefreak release all these events for Japan, and hardly ever for the rest of the world? Sure, the other countries get the occasional Wi-Fi Connection Download for an event, but it just seems like the Japanese are swimming in event Pokemon. Not to mention about half the event Pokemon released in Japan were released to the rest of the world.. Is there any real reason to do this? They can commission their games to be distributed worldwide, so why can't they release bonuses for the REST of the world?

I dunno, just a thought. It just seems like Japan is getting all the Pokemans. D:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Well, it might have to do something with Japan having the most diehard Pokemon fans and Gamefreak (I think) and Nintendo both being based in Japan. Not sure about that, though. Other than that, it is kind of weird.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Pokemon started in Japan, so if you think about it they get most of the good things because of it. Sure it isn't fair, but what can you do?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Pokémon is still huge in Japan. It's not like here where there are still a few diehard fans and some parents who buy their kids the games because they know the brand... it's still a large enough franchise over there to support several standalone Pokémon Center stores, plus a huge aisle of Pokémon merch in 711 convenience stores ('specially around movie time in the summer) and any toy store. If there is one market where an event will actually draw attention to the franchise and make people buy into it more, it's Japan. Here, events aren't so profitable. :( Even the ones that aren't wifi don't make enough for them to bother doing them more widespread.

Nintendo's a business first and foremost so I can guarantee it's money-related.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
    Oh well. I guess it's like the old saying goes, life isn't fair.

Plus, I've never been to Japan, so I guess I wouldn't know the true amount of diehard fans out there. And like Lightning said, it's probably just because United States parents buy Pokemon games just because they know the brand.

Anyway, IMO, Nintendo shouldn't be spending money on releasing a new game every year and focus on getting more bonuses to the rest of the world.

After all, how do you expect to "Catch 'em All," when they release a new game every year? (not to mention all the B&W Pokemon)

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Pokemon started in Japan, so if you think about it they get most of the good things because of it. Sure it isn't fair, but what can you do?

sme thing with yugioh, they get all the good cards right away& even gets any cards the TCG makes within the same year, while the TCG is stuck waitin years for the OCG cards :(

japan is just too cool for us i guess :(

Back