• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ever caught a legendary with a regular pokeball?

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    I've caught Rayquaza in my last pokeball after chucking 30 ultra balls at him. I had never felt such a strange combination of sheer, unrelenting anger and total relief.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Best I've ever done is Lugia in a Great Ball. I caught Snorlax in a pokéball in RBY once though...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I caught Giratina once with a Luxury Ball. Does that count?

At other times, I had to relied myself on Timer, Ultra, and (finally after an exasperated battle) Mater Ball(s).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2019
    Yup if i remember correctly it was lugia in gold every other one was great or above its just i ran out so iuse regular pokeballs

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    i caught Azelf and Uxie both with a pokeball in my platnium game. i tryed to catch mespirit with a normal pokeball but an ultraball worked.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Merged the "Have you ever caught a legendary with a normal Pokeball?" thread with the earlier (but still active) "ever caught a legendary with a regular pokeball?" thread. I think you all can guess why based on the titles.

Freaky, try to search your thread topic before jumping to that submit thread button. d(' 'd)

As for catching legendary pokemon with a regular pokeball, if I recall correctly, I may have caught Moltres way back in the day with it, that was Red version. :x

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I caught my first Groudon in a Luxury Ball, which has the same catch rate as a Poké Ball. I think that's the only time I've ever been so lucky though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2010
    I belive I caught a lugia with a great ball or something once. But that was a looong time ago!

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
    Well, I have caught Darkrai with a Quick Ball, but it was already the 20st turn, so it had the power of a normal pokéball. I was really amazed:D

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I literally just caught Palkia with just two Pokeballs. Yeah, his catchrate is a bit high compared to other legendaries. Ah, whatever. I laughed pretty hard.

I was just going to defeat it with my Empoleon for the experience, but I accidentally got it down to about 1-2 HP. I figured, "Why not?" and started chucking Pokeballs. No status afflictions either.

I nicknamed him "Win."

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    In Fire red I caught Articuno with one, I also caught Registeel in ruby and Dialga in Diamond in one. My brother caught Rayquaza in one lol.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
    i caught all the legendarys in pokemon yellow with normal pokeballs being a kid and not knowing there were better ones :P

Back